Awoo.

Sonic 2020 Initiative Discussion

Blueknight V2.0

It seems they are changing the Japan monthly streams from on the 20th day of every month to 20:00 JST (8pm) every month. Allows them to be a bit more flexible with the days I guess.

The stream for this month will be on April 22nd at 8pm JST (7am EST).
This month's stream will have Series Sound Director Tomoya Ohtani as a special guest. They will be discussing Sonic music.
(Twitter noted this month was previously recorded video due to the virus situation instead of live like usual)

Stream link in spoiler below.

Spoiler

I woke up 25 minutes late. I'll try to update what I missed after the stream.

• Station Square theme remix played.
  • They comment on the background. Seems to be from Colors.
  • Official hashtags are #SonicStationLIVE and #SoniSute (in Japanese, #ソニックステーションLIVE and #ソニステ)
  • News headline corner start
  • Introducing Ohtani as guest.
  • [new] Sonic the hedgehog DJ POPCULTCHA (full art from the new album cover)
  • [new] Sonic The Hedgehog DJ Style "Party" on sale June 17th, 2020. Includes non stop mix of 33 songs by Tomoya Ohtani. CD is 2,400yen, will also be on streaming services on the same day.
  • [repeat] GO SEGA 60th anniversary project. Website explaining SEGA. Special bag with 60th logo and Sonic on it. Commercial shown.
  • [repeat] Sonic LINE stamps (JP) on sale. 120 yen.
  • [repeat] Movie Sonic in JP Puyo Puyo Quest from 3/28-5/31
  • [repeat] Sonic Olympic Games for mobile. Still in preregister. Release still May 7th, 2020.
  • End of News headline corner
  • Mario & Sonic Olympic Games 2020 JP Trailer played.
  • Sound Corner (temp name) start
  • I think they mentioned having to wait a bit more for the new Sonic info?
  • Jun's recommended songs: Sonic 3's Angel Island (Remix), It Doesn't Matter (Sonic's Adventure theme), SA2's Escape from the City (Generations Remix), SA2's Prison Island (Live), SA2's Mission Street (Live)
  • Says the Classic remixes in Generations are more dance-like
  • I think he said he added a guitar solo to Prison Island for the live version?
  • Showing off some of Jun's CDs lol (it's also on digital)
  • Ohtani's recommended songs: White Acropolis from 06 (Remix?), Infinite's boss theme from Forces, Rooftop Run from Sonic Unleashed (Generations Remix)
  • End of Sound Corner (temp name)
  • Sonic Forces JP Trailer. Fist Bump is good as always. I like how Sonic calls the Avatar "aibou" in JP.
  • Otayori Corner start
  • They ask what their childhood dreams were. Jun said he liked anime. Ohtani wanted to be a game programmer as a kid.
  • Next fan got into Sonic a year ago with Sonic Mania and thinks Tails is super cute. They mention how fluffy Tails' tails are.
  • The next guy is afraid of dogs. lol
  • End of Otayori Corner
  • Says it's 4th Wednesday of every month now (instead of 20th day)
  • Next stream is 5/27/20
  • They went with Sonic Sound Station for the music corner name I think
  • End of stream.

Twitter just posted this.
"Stay home & Stay safe
We're streaming Sonic music randomly for 24 hours only called "SONIC SOUND STATION (temp name)"
You can view it here"
(link in first spoiler)

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 3

45 minutes ago, Jack at Home said:

Btw, I just noticed on Sonic Channel they added the icons for Sonic2020 with various characters:

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/enjoy/icon/

Pretty cool uh? Surprised they didn't add Zavok or Zazz, considering their love for them, plus is that the Master Emerald? Or a regular emerald?

Don't say that. They may take your surprise for disappointment. 

Interesting. The 20th Anniversary icons had individual characters each but some of them have been bundled together for this one.

Apart of me finds it half adorable and half disappointing that the Chaotix are all in one ring together. At the very least they haven't forgotten that they're supposed to be a team, even with how often Vector is superglued to other teams or is just plain by himself.

• 4 weeks later...

Next stream on 5/27/20 with Iizuka as a special guest.

Description translated:

The broadcast for May will be a trial with everyone appearing remotely!
They will introduce a new compilation album streaming this month.
There will also be info on when it goes on sale!
With our guest Series Producer Iizuka, they will be playing "Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics™" which is out now, while giving information related to Sonic!

Stream link:

Spoiler

The stream is starting in a few minutes so I'm making this post now. Iizuka is a special guest today.
For [new] and [repeat] I'm going based on what has been shown on the stream before.

• Green Hills background while waiting for setup
  • Start, Colors background with Wisps moving around. Honestly not bad looking for remote in my opinion.
  • [repeat] Official hashtags are #SonicStationLIVE and #SoniSute (in Japanese, #ソニックステーションLIVE and #ソニステ)
  • Introducing Sonic Series Producer Iizuka.
  • This month's Otayori theme is "How to pass time at home"
  • First Otayori: Amiru-san is playing Team Sonic Racing's story mode.
  • [new] Sonic Olympic Games for mobile is now out for Apple and Android.
  • Sonic Olympic Games JP Trailer Played
  • I'm not gonna lie Iizuka's mic isn't the best so I might not be able to get all his info. But they are talking about Sonic Olympics.
  • [new] Sonic Channel 15th Anniversary T shirt and Member card set. 3364 yen. (Japan only)
  • Introducing Sonic Channel. Mentions the monthly wallpapers. Fan art corner mentioned. June theme is "Happy Birthday SONIC!". Coloring pages, papercraft, letter sets, etc. Sonic themed backgrounds for video calls.
  • [repeat] GO SEGA 60th anniversary project. Website explaining SEGA. Special bag with 60th logo and Sonic on it. Bag shown. New commercial shown.
  • Goods review corner start
  • [new] GO Sega 60th Puyo Puyo Sonic Goods. Shirts shown. Classic Sonic Rubber Strap keychains. Fans crashed the website. lol
  • [new] Sonic IDW Volume 1 on sale in Japanese. 2300 yen. Previews of the Japanese version.
  • [repeat] Sonic The Hedgehog DJ Style "Party" on sale June 17th, 2020. Includes non stop mix of 33 songs by Tomoya Ohtani. CD is 2,400yen. Will be on music streaming sites the same day.
  • [repeat] Sonic the hedgehog DJ POPCULTCHA (full art from the new album cover)
  • [repeat] Sonic LINE stamps (JP) on sale. 120 yen.
  • End of Goods review corner
  • JP Team Sonic Racing trailer played
  • Sound Corner (temp name) start
  • [repeat] Mentioning the 24 hour stream from last month, Sonic Sound Station.
  • [new] Non-stop Music Selection Vol.2. Out today on music streaming services.
  • [new] Non-stop Music Selection Vol.2 preview video.
  • End of Sound Corner (temp name)
  • Otayori Corner start
  • This month's Otayori theme is "How to pass time at home"
  • Haizuku-san uses Sonic music to cheer them up when they feel down. (His World, I Am All of Me, etc.)
  • Makkusu-san asks how everyone spends their time at home they don't usually.
  • Agehayuri-san "I bought the comic". Very short lol
  • Rokuji-san said they played Sonic Adventure all Golden Week lol I can relate to that.
  • Tokumeisabou-san talking about the difference between Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and worried about making friends.
  • End of Otayori Corner
  • 6/23/20 will be Sonic's 29th (the underline button won't turn off lol)
  • Otayori theme for June is Happy Birthday SONIC!
  • Next stream will be June 24, 2020 20:00 Japan time (close to the anniversary)
  • End of stream
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it wasn't live this time, I'll be updating this in a bit.

(For [new] and [repeat] I'm going based on what has been shown on the stream before.)

• Start, Colors background of Sweet Mountain with a Happy Birthday Sonic Art.
  • [repeat] Official hashtags are #SonicStationLIVE and #SoniSute (in Japanese, #ソニックステーションLIVE and #ソニステ)
  • We have a new female assistant.
  • This month's Otayori theme is "Happy Birthday Sonic"
  • [repeat] Sonic Olympic Games for mobile is now out for Apple and Android.
  • [repeat] Sonic Olympic Games JP Trailer Played
  • [repeat] GO SEGA 60th anniversary project. Website explaining SEGA. Special bag with 60th logo and Sonic on it. Bag shown. New commercial shown.
  • [new] Sonic Movie releasing in Japan on June 26th. Trailer shown. English subbed interview with Sonic shown.
  • [repeat] Mobile game collabs with Movie Sonic are being rerun in Japan to celebrate the movie release.
  • Goods review corner start
  • [new] Sonic Movie merch
  • [repeat] Sonic the hedgehog DJ POPCULTCHA merch
  • [new] Nanoblock Sonic the Hedgehog. 1,200 yen.
  • [repeat] MxMxM (Magical Mosh Misfits) collab tshirts
  • [new] Sonic blue curry is being rereleased
  • [new] Sonic chili dog flavor taiyaki for 300yen
  • [new] 60th anniversary Sega sound keychain with "Se~ga~" and Sonic sounds
  • End of Goods review corner
  • Mario & Sonic Olympic Games 2020 JP Trailer played.