UpCDownCLeftCRightC

Sonic 30th predictions

Re-reading that interview quote, I've suddenly realised something that I'm a little worried about. That 2D sonic will continue, but with sega doing it themselves. Who knows, with 2D as a main focus from the start maybe they'll do it well, but honestly I'd be super worried if they announced a Mania 2 only to later say none of the original team had been brought back for it.

On 6/27/2020 at 1:27 PM, Eclipse said:

Re-reading that interview quote, I've suddenly realised something that I'm a little worried about. That 2D sonic will continue, but with sega doing it themselves. Who knows, with 2D as a main focus from the start maybe they'll do it well, but honestly I'd be super worried if they announced a Mania 2 only to later say none of the original team had been brought back for it.

beyond the uncertainty, it could really be genuinely wonderful with whatever their current best team would be, to have the Retro engine to make a new game themselves. Even, through some surprising turns, Yuji Naka could return to head the project or otherwise be involved however he'd prefer!! 

One does wonder, how would he have continued the story if it were not needing to jump to 3D??  There just hadn't been the resources (mainly a modern, fully configurable engine for 2D Sonic) and public enthusiasm for it previously!  

Essentially the Genesis storyline had to be abandoned, although it was a fitting enough conclusion.

So, the story of Mania+ would set them up really nicely, both indicating that Eggman somehow repaired his mecha space body in orbit and safely reentered, but then also that he is currently missing.

Eggman has always been seen to be in quite a lot of peril at the end of each 2D game, but has never yet been in such a way that he is indicated to literally not be in their world anymore, due to being sent to another dimension, so that gives many unique openings!!

Hm!! We are nearing July 22, when it is possible that the previously planned reveals could happen!  I am not at all thinking that it will to be honest, but that is a beyond historic day both for the series and for surprise announcements!   

I would say that it is good news either if this does happen, and also if it doesn't! Both would be an indication that the projects are being managed really well: either that they are prepared now to announce something, or that they are being patient still to announce. 

I really hope Sonic Team doesn't screw this up this time. I love this company, and will be both horribly distraught & disappointed if they fail again leaving another bad mark to this jaded franchise. let's see what you got this time, Sonic Team.

17 hours ago, expansivelovestories said:

Hm!! We are nearing July 22, when it is possible that the previously planned reveals could happen!

I'm curious how they will broadcast the news to us. I'm still disappointed that they hadn't announce something during New Game Plus. If they want to announce a teaser at best, Wednesday is the time to do it.

Is July 22nd really a significant date? It was when that 25th Anniversary party was, but that's about it. That doesn't really indicate an announcement to me, it's ultimately not that significant a date in the grand scheme of things (as something like say, June 23rd is) 

Hell, I had to Google just to work out the significance of it. 

2 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

Is July 22nd really a significant date? It was when that 25th Anniversary party was, but that's about it. That doesn't really indicate an announcement to me, it's ultimately not that significant a date in the grand scheme of things (as something like say, June 23rd is) 

Hell, I had to Google just to work out the significance of it. 

probably not. I think @expansivelovestories is refering to the japanese monthly sonic stream that's happening on that day. but so far, there was never something big out of those streams.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:28 PM, Kuzu said:

There's really no reason to assume that they have learned any real lessons from this and we won't know until we see the next game and play it

you know what? I actually really agree to this claim, but not in the way most people claimed it to be.

saying that they "learned their lesson," or something under the line like that, and ONLY doing that every couple of weeks is not a good idea on how to win back fans trust. In fact, with a reputation as crappy as sonic team & Sega, saying that is NEVER a good thing to do ever. when building trust, you don't really use promises, or relief, or trying to make someone feel happy that you actually really care for them. you Instead use work, you use ambition, charisma, effort, COMPETENCE & POLISH, and most importantly, silence & evidence. it's all sonic team ever needs, it's all SEGA of America and Japan ever needed.

I saw a comment on Sam Procrastinates' comment section (that place is crawling with divisive comments, people. trust me I know) that fully explained what we all actually need, it went a little something like this: "Instead of them (sonic team & Sega) keeping on about how they "learned their lesson", they should just show us what they are making, and let the fans decide from there" what they said is completely correct, the best thing that sonic team can do from now on, without people fully distrusting their promises, is to MAKE that promise, don't EVER say it, SHOW IT! and then the fans can decide what it could mean: if they expect it to be bad, then so be it. if they expect it to be good, then so be it. all that matters is that Sonic Team can give the fans a game without being.... whatever they're being now. so basically what it all boils down to is: we need to see it, to believe it.

look, We all know that the franchise is in a very unpredictable and conflicting place, none of it is rocket science, none of it's that hard for even an unfertilized egg to comprehend from it's non-existent brain. It's all fact now and we all understand it, but the least they could do is do what I have described above, to at least give us a message (without saying a single word) that sonic team are working hard, and that they're serious about this, even if the game itself becomes even more controversial than mindless power-trip the video game.