Awoo.

Sonic 30th predictions

UpCDownCLeftCRightC

I saw this post on IG earlier and, besides finding it amusing (I'm a graphic designer), the moment I read the url here, I immediately thought them folks were over analyzing a simple joke again. Then I saw the 3 on Sonic's cheek when they zoomed in the image... I'm torn.

Maybe it's the first in another series of clues that at the end will reveal a date for the next event, game, trailer...

We should just get the 'Sonic 4' equivalent attempt at making a sequel for the classic 3D games out of the way already, so that they can later get an indie studio to make them look less of an ass (or more of an ass, depending how you look at it).

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Too Many Rings 2

8 hours ago, 8ther said:

Maybe it's a watermark?

It's clearly not a watermark. The Sonic Twitter has a history of ARG and hiding things, usually numbers, in seemingly innocuous tweets when they want to tease news. This was especially the case leading up to the 25th Anniversary party and Mania's announcement. 

It was fun at the time, but the "clues" were so ridiculously obtuse and the final answers just being dates meant that there was basically nothing to be gained whatsoever from the particular campaign. I wouldn't like to see them retread all that same ground again. And to hide the number 3 on an image from SA1/SADX to tease Sonic Adventure 3... That's too basic. Whatever the 3 is there for, we probably don't have the necessary information to figure that out. 

Basically just carry on as usual and keep this tweet in the back is your mind for later.

• Thumbs Up 3

What if it's a new Sonic 3? I mean, it's too explicit for it to be about SA3 when the image literally has Super Sonic from SA1.

I wonder if SA3 is more unlikely than a Sonic 3 port at this point. They both are.

Okay, enough with the jokes. If SEGA really called the next game, whatever it is, Sonic Adventure 3, it would basically be committing suicide, if people don't trust them with making a standard Sonic game, why would they raise expectations even more?

Realistically there is a lot of buzz for a SA1 remake, and the Chao, people keep talking about it... and there is a 30th anniversary, so yeah, 3 is the magic number as Mike Pollock says in the reply. Because of the anniversary. I think they should just call it Sonic Adventure Something, no numbers.

Crash 4... I know, we keep talking about these 2 videogames as in a competition. I guess it is. If you want to make a sequel with that number, I pray you're making sure the team behind it understands the previous games that follow said numbering. Crash 4 - I must wait until a Switch release for it, dammit - is worthy of being called that IMO.

That was what I thought yesterday, but a couple of people pointed out that they cleaned up the other numbers and left that one. 

That and this followup tweet make me wonder. 

It might well be a nod to something, but I doubt it's something as obvious as "3 = Sonic Adventure 3". If anything I find it more likely that they used the SA image because one of the names given to that specific spiral is "The Golden Spiral", but even then.

I'm sure in a year it'll turn out it was a hint that like, Katie has three favourite pizza toppings or something specific like that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

There's no way they just forgot about that number in there out of all the other stuff they had to edit out of the original stock image. 

You know what is even more amazing than all this? They fucking used a stock photo for a thing you can easily find on Google Images for free smh And even if SEGA's marketing team wanted to use a stock photo, this picture of the golden ratio is only a few bucks to adquire LMAO

They probably opened the image on Photoshop, inverted the colors, erased the water mark manually and applied it over the Super Sonic image with the "screen" blending style. Unless the person who made this post is really carelless, there's no away he/she wouldn't notice the 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

It might well be a nod to something, but I doubt it's something as obvious as "3 = Sonic Adventure 3". If anything I find it more likely that they used the SA image because one of the names given to that specific spiral is "The Golden Spiral", but even then.

I'm sure in a year it'll turn out it was a hint that like, Katie has three favourite pizza toppings or something specific like that. 

Yeah I'm not trying to imply it means anything substantial just that it's probably there on purpose. They've been doing these things for 5 years now and they've never really panned out into anything major.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2020 at 2:23 AM, Tarnish said:

First I'm hearing about that.

It's been a while, but I know there was something about more DLC being planned that was almost certainly cancelled after the first batch.

There was also that voice credit for Pete Capella on some website implying he'd been in another game that didn't come out(it was Rivals 2).

17 hours ago, Tarnish said:

We should just get the 'Sonic 4' equivalent attempt at making a sequel for the classic 3D games out of the way already, so that they can later get an indie studio to make them look less of an ass (or more of an ass, depending how you look at it).

Okay, that was a little funny.

8 hours ago, Jack out of the comics! said:

What if it's a new Sonic 3? I mean, it's too explicit for it to be about SA3 when the image literally has Super Sonic from SA1.

I wonder if SA3 is more unlikely than a Sonic 3 port at this point. They both are.

Okay, enough with the jokes. If SEGA really called the next game, whatever it is, Sonic Adventure 3, it would basically be committing suicide, if people don't trust them with making a standard Sonic game, why would they raise expectations even more?

Realistically there is a lot of buzz for a SA1 remake, and the Chao, people keep talking about it... and there is a 30th anniversary, so yeah, 3 is the magic number as Mike Pollock says in the reply. Because of the anniversary. I think they should just call it Sonic Adventure Something, no numbers.

Bit yeah, let's not do that.

8 hours ago, Jack out of the comics! said:

Crash 4... I know, we keep talking about these 2 videogames as in a competition. I guess it is. If you want to make a sequel with that number, I pray you're making sure the team behind it understands the previous games that follow said numbering. Crash 4 - I must wait until a Switch release for it, dammit - is worthy of being called that IMO.

Oh shit, really? Like, when did Nitro Fueled come out compared to TSR again?

6 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

It could mean three super states.

I think the 3 is intentional, but I'm not about to say it means SA3 is happening. That's just too much heartbreak there.

Yeah, let's get the Sonic adventure 3 hype train rolling!!!
When the new game is finally anounced, I want to see an entire room with fans wearing SA3 shirts, chanting for SA3, waving flags for SA3, while Iizuka nervously shuffles to the stage to anounce a third Sonic Boom game for the 3ds.

• Chuckle 4

When I see something I'll give a shit otherwise I ignore all these hints and clues and teasing because it's not worth the energy speculating. If it's not SA3 though this tweet will be funny to look back on

Given even the Pokemon Pico game appears to be there, it's probably a general console retrospective for the SEGA Forever channel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's going to be Classic Sonic next year.

There will be something modern but probably not a game related thing.