Awoo.

Sonic 30th predictions

UpCDownCLeftCRightC

9 hours ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

It's going to be Classic Sonic next year.

There will be something modern but probably not a game related thing.

Uhm... I disagree. My prediction is we'll get a Modern game, I don't know if it's the next release, but it's probably the next big title.

The Chao short and the shift to Adventure in social media posts kinda gave it away, I think. It's basically what they did in 2015-2016 with Classic Sonic before Mania.

I also predict Classic will get his own separate game soon, he may not appear in the Modern title or be just a secret skin or a cameo.

I feel like we'll be getting some sort of collection of sorts next year. Whether it'll be a full remake of things, I have no idea. But I think SEGA aren't just letting the whole enhanced remake fad pass them by for Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

56 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I feel like we'll be getting some sort of collection of sorts next year. Whether it'll be a full remake of things, I have no idea. But I think SEGA aren't just letting the whole enhanced remake fad pass them by for Sonic.

I have the same feeling and probably will be a cross gen release

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna laugh when we get "Sonic Adventure 3" but its really just Sonic Generations 2 with Adventure Sonic as the third playable character.

I'm expecting an anniversary collection of the Adventure games or a remake of Sonic Adventure with Project 2021, but I'm honestly hoping they finally port some of the older games such as Sonic Heroes, Colors, and most importantly, Sonic Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Cornelius Fudge said:

I'm expecting an anniversary collection of the Adventure games or a remake of Sonic Adventure with Project 2021, but I'm honestly hoping they finally port some of the older games such as Sonic Heroes, Colors, and most importantly, Sonic Unleashed.

Man I would love to be able to play Sonic Colors upscaled into HD. I'd kill for a collection with Unleashed, Colors, and Generations.

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Man I would love to be able to play Sonic Colors upscaled into HD. I'd kill for a collection with Unleashed, Colors, and Generations.

That is my hope and dream. I've played through Colors 100% and bought Sonic Generations today, but I'd really kill for a collection with both of those games along with Sonic Unleashed which is only available on old hardware so I can't even play it. I just hope Sega hasn't lost the source code for Unleashed, so the newer generation of gamers can actually play it. 

23 hours ago, Cornelius Fudge said:

That is my hope and dream. I've played through Colors 100% and bought Sonic Generations today, but I'd really kill for a collection with both of those games along with Sonic Unleashed which is only available on old hardware so I can't even play it. I just hope Sega hasn't lost the source code for Unleashed, so the newer generation of gamers can actually play it. 

I want to be able to play Unleashed again...but I also don't want to go through the chore of replaying the werehog stages. I hope if it ever gets re-released, there's some level select cheat code built in so you can play just the Daytime stages if you want. I'm never forcing myself to play through another 45 minute werehog button mashing fest.

• Thumbs Up 2

I won't lie, I really hope they ignore the SA1 remake buzz, to pursue a new title, and honestly I do hope it's SA3, as in a spiritual Sonic Adventure type of game and sequel. Even just to have this:

I noticed this yesterday, it's concept art for Sonic Chronicles reimagined (concept and models are all there is too it right now), so yeah that was the last game to have a Chao Garden... Chronicles. They could do so much with this idea, go crazy with designs, creatures and feeding them, not just hero/dark or colored Chao.

Just do it, SEGA.

• Chuckle 1

I think Here is my Predictions for 30th Aniversary of Sonic"

1. A Boost Sonic Game because I want more of the Boost Gameplay
  2. A Sonic Adventure Game that will Bring back the Chao Garden, Station Square and all the Good things that Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Adventure 2, has
  3. Sonic Mania 2 by Christian Whitehead and the Fan Game Community that might Add Classic Amy Rose and New Levels making a New Experience and a Hub World in that Game

So If Sega Announces the 30th Aniversary Sonic Games, i might think it should be A Boost Sonic Game, Sonic Adventure 3, Sonic Mania 2. 

Well lets see, some currents not avaliable games on steam and ps4:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well, maybe a collection of these games remastered would be nice

Really don't know what will be done for the 30th anniversary but it would be nice if it was a new game or continuation of the Sonic Adventure series.

I've recently replayed Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 on my PS3 although personally I would like to see something new rather than a remaster of one of the earlier games.

Perhaps Sega could think about doing a Sonic 30th Anniversary Collection featuring a selection of games from the past 30 years starting with Mega Drive Sonic 1 similar to the old Mega Collection on PS2, I would dearly love to play Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles on the PS4/5.

Either way I hope it is a good title as I have always followed Sonic throughout the 30 years and have a PS5 on Pre-Order in preparation for the 30th upcoming game.

On 10/8/2020 at 8:05 PM, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I think the 3 is intentional, but I'm not about to say it means SA3 is happening. That's just too much heartbreak there.

Agreed. I think the chance of a SA3 is remote. Sonic 06 was suppose to SA3, and I don’t see SEGA trying to remake the most dissaponting installment.   

I imagine for the 30th Anniversary we will get a compilation like Sonic Gems or Mega Collection. It would be the cheapest bet for SEGA. 

We are getting closer to the time when something could be previewed again, the holidays season would perhaps be the earliest for it to happen, and SXSW 2021 at the latest!!  

Too much action going on for SEGA to give Sonic any time in the spotlight during the holidays. Best to save anything for next year, I reckon. Let's pin a date of 11/March-2021, and we'll see if I'm close whenever info comes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m unsure on what the 30th anniversary could be. The most accurate  prediction would be another boost title  that includes wisp, 2D sections,etc. Or maybe it’s not a boost game considering  the reception Forces has gotten and we all know how Sonic Team overreacts to criticism. I personally want an Adventure remake or at least another attempt at the Adventure formula but I can’t trust Sonic Team, let alone current Sonic Team to be competent enough to pull it off.

• Too Many Rings 1

We’ll most likely get an announcement during SSXW 2021. I can’t see them announcing anything 30th anniversary related this early.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Big-C said:

We’ll most likely get an announcement during SSXW 2021. I can’t see them announcing anything 30th anniversary related this early.

I doubt SXSW will happen next year because Covid 19 will still be around by then. 

They precisely said they had things to share at SXSW 2020, that they are taking their time on new games development, "new games" were set to come out in 2021 for Sonic's 30th. But they also said that due to the virus, apparently they can't work on the new format to share the news, they will do it once the Covid situation is over.

So... when the pandemic ends. There is no date right now. That's what they said.