Awoo.

Sonic 30th predictions

UpCDownCLeftCRightC

2 hours ago, Angyu said:

I'm gonna be optimistic and hope that Sega realizes that the Classic & Modern Sonic gimmick can only go so far for the 3D games.

I'd say 50% chance.

They are treating it as a separate sub-franchise right now with its own projects, hence Team Sonic Racing and other stuff being mainly Modern, like IDW for example has the Classic mini coming and everything else is Modern, for now at least. I'm partially confident that they are making separate Classic and Modern projects this time, which happened with Mania too, but just maybe next time Modern will get his own time to shine, alone...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, celsowm said:

well, just few hours until the "Sonic day" on sega 60th anniversary, lets see

It's only going to be wallpapers, avatars, and profile themes. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 12/5/2020 at 11:36 AM, DabigRG said:

Anything interesting come up lately?

For a given definition of "interesting", the Sonic content dropped on the SEGA 60th site and it really was nothing of value. The avatars are just the Mania artwork of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles with thick circular GO SEGA borders, while the wallpaper and profile header are just different crops of the Sonic 2020 render with the GO SEGA logo in the corner.

• Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, A_W said:

For a given definition of "interesting", the Sonic content dropped on the SEGA 60th site and it really was nothing of value. The avatars are just the Mania artwork of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles with thick circular GO SEGA borders, while the wallpaper and profile header are just different crops of the Sonic 2020 render with the GO SEGA logo in the corner.

So profile pics then? Great, localized website stuff.

• Promotion 1

On 10/31/2020 at 11:38 PM, Jack out of the comics! said:

Okay so here is a recap of weirdness from Sonic's recent social posts:

- Aaron giving us his goodbye after 5 years with one final puzzle "Fire tests Gold".

- The golden section which contained a 3, in a Super Sonic SA1 pic of all places.

- 3 types, with a modified Sonic, which they then decided to delete.

We got 3, gold = rings? 

fire tests gold.png

3 tease.jpg

EkdpQzcX0AAB_h4.jpg

Okay, seems like I'm the only one playing the puzzle, well I'm aware that I'm going to ridicule myself even more with this, but why not?

Since we have seen the deleted 3 tarot cards post, the Super Sonic with number 3 hidden in it, plus the original farewell message by Aaron Webber with "fire tests gold".

They are obviously playing the game, and are teasing number 3 in a big way, of course it's not SA3, as much as I wish for it... but no, it's whatever it is they cooking up for the 30th Anniversary celebration, 3 as in 30.

Now there is one more thing we forgot that reinforces the conspiracy of 3:

TRIBOT | Sonic the Hedgehog in 2020 | Sonic the hedgehog, Sonic, Hedgehog

Yeah, this year's April Fools, again only 1 person on social network pointed this out... another triangle = 3 tease.

All I'm saying is, they really want to push for the 30th anniversary.

• Thumbs Up 1

My strongest expectation is Sonic Generations 2.  Not because it what I most want, but because 

1) The first game marked the 20th anniversary.

2) Classic Sonic’s popularity has been renewed by Sonic Mania.

3) Sonic Forces also reused that premise, plus the avatar.

It would be the game that they are most ready and able to make.

If those rumors of a new Sonic cartoon were true—and not just in reference to some of Tyson Hesse’s shorts, but since one was stated in the context of a tot tie-in, I doubt that—then the 30th anniversary would be a good time to reveal it.  I really can’t help but wonder if Ian Quartey is working on it; he had worked on some of the Mania animations and then did that crossover episode, and hasn’t done much publicly noted since OK KO ended, so I would say this is actually possible.  I wouldn’t trust Cartoon Network not to screw over a new show, though.

Tyson Hesse is working on the movie sequel, so that's one who's busy, someone else may be working on a potential cartoon, (I still think Flynn is writing it, my theory). This also explains the lack of animated shorts this year, because Tyson is busy with the movies.

I also think they will shoehorn Classic Sonic in the next game but it won't be another 2 Sonics story, fans hated it in Forces, SEGA insists in having 2 sub franchises in Modern and Classic as separate , so there may be a Modern game and a Classic game.

If Classic Sonic appears in the Modern game, I predict he's an extra skin or DLC.

The next Modern title might be an Adventure game. Either that or something new. I'm just... we are lazy in our predictions, that's what I've gathered on here and youtube, everyone says "it's SA3!" "It's Generations 2" "Colors 2", "Mania 2"... why all sequels? SEGA doesn't do "2" and "3", despite them teasing 3 a lot this year, I don't feel like saying "yeah it's SA3". It feels like a boring prediction tbh.

11 hours ago, Jack out of the comics! said:

Tyson Hesse is working on the movie sequel, so that's one who's busy

Does he work on all the designs for the movie? Just a question.

14 hours ago, 8ther said:

What are the odds Ian Flynn is involved with the next game?

What are the odds we get Chao Gardens back?

• Too Many Rings 1

On 12/8/2020 at 3:07 AM, Jack out of the comics! said:

Tyson Hesse is working on the movie sequel, so that's one who's busy, someone else may be working on a potential cartoon, (I still think Flynn is writing it, my theory). This also explains the lack of animated shorts this year, because Tyson is busy with the movies.

I also think they will shoehorn Classic Sonic in the next game but it won't be another 2 Sonics story, fans hated it in Forces, SEGA insists in having 2 sub franchises in Modern and Classic as separate , so there may be a Modern game and a Classic game.

If Classic Sonic appears in the Modern game, I predict he's an extra skin or DLC.

The next Modern title might be an Adventure game. Either that or something new. I'm just... we are lazy in our predictions, that's what I've gathered on here and youtube, everyone says "it's SA3!" "It's Generations 2" "Colors 2", "Mania 2"... why all sequels? SEGA doesn't do "2" and "3", despite them teasing 3 a lot this year, I don't feel like saying "yeah it's SA3". It feels like a boring prediction tbh.

Now where would Pontaff go? Or the likes of Maekawa? I’m pretty sure the non-Japanese writers from Boom and prior are out of the pictured though.

I believe we had a strong indication Pontaff worked on the next game, ironically trough the rumors that they were fired.
Last time Sega hired them for writing was in 2019,  after Team Sonic Racing's release, so unless that was for the Olympic game, that pretty much confirms their involvement in the next game.
I think this tweet was the "evidence", far as tweets van be trusted.
ewnsfrioo4k41.png
Unfortunatly I can only find this image which cuts off the information, but I believe the right list is Warren Graff's, confirming he was last hired by Sega in October 2019. Take it with a grain of salt, it's all I got.

Not sure about Maekawa, he doesn't work with Sega anymore but in private discussions has stated he would love to write for Sonic again.
But it's up to Sega to hire him for that, so yeah.
Would have to dig up where those personal interviews came from, I don't remember.
I think I heard it from Stritix from SoaH city.

(Edit, dur, I could just go visit their Linkedin pages myself. Yeah confirmed, October 2019. )

That LinkedIn page is not proof of anything.

They list up to their current credits on there because they're freelancers. It'd be like if Pollock said the last Sonic game he was in was TSR when there hasn't been a new game since TSR to add to that.

Sega could change things and just not rehire them but we won't actually know until the next game comes out and honestly I think the last ten years is as good of an indication as any that the writing staff/direction on the English and Japanese side won't be changing.

Very cool. He's even doing that move Sonic Team forgot to add to Forces :P

Let's hope this 30th anniversary game will be worth the wait.

This isn't really tied to any predictions, I'm mostly just posting it to scream about the fact Honey the Cat is there, I repeat, HONEY THE CAT IS THERE.

(At best I hope this suggests she could show up in that Classic IDW series somehow...)

• Thumbs Up 1