UpCDownCLeftCRightC

1 hour ago, Drunk Michael Myers said:

Sonic 1 and 2 again? ya....y....

Because old ladies like me like it! 😡 

lol 😆 

• Thumbs Up 3

44 minutes ago, Miles Storzillo said:

Oh joy, Classic Sonic remakes.  

I'm sick of Classic Sonic, too, but at the same time, I can't be too upset about the Taxman/Stealth versions finally breaking free from mobile.

• Thumbs Up 3

49 minutes ago, A_W said:

I'm sick of Classic Sonic, too, but at the same time, I can't be too upset about the Taxman/Stealth versions finally breaking free from mobile.

It’s not that I’m sick of Classic Sonic.  It’s just that I never cared for them.  At all.

Tyson is angry in general, it seems. Meh, I mean he is a talented dude, just tired of his "grumpy" attitude in his posts.

As for Sonic 1 + 2 remasters in the collection, if this is possible, I don't see why not? It's more content, and we never had those outside of mobile as it has been said, so why not? I would play them.

• Thumbs Up 4

28 minutes ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

Do you have a link to what he said?

https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?threads/would-you-rather-a-modern-or-classic-style-game-for-the-30th-anniversary-game.40230/

It's a bummer, frankly, but it's my fault for hoping things could actually be looking up after 15 years of failing to appeal to me.

Which isn't to say things couldn't improve, but it would have to be pretty drastic and committed to leaving behind the past decade+ in favor of something entirely new, well-considered, and confident in order to convince me to start buying the games again. 

Screenshot_20210422_113922.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Agreed. Althought Sonic Mania was excellent and yeah, sure, I'll be 100% down for another classic game as long as it has ALL NEW levels, gimmicks and such, something that breaks the mold and truly feels grand, like how Unleashed and the first Sonic Adventure was, will be even better. I don't mind the collection, but just that would suck. Just that and another average game would suck too.

I pretty much find myself agreeing with anyone that says that a Sonic Colors Remaster is simply not enough to satisfy we fans.

I prefer to think that this remaster is more of an appetizer for the real mainline game of the 30th anniversary, probably coming out in 2022.

If this remaster is the only thing that we get for the anniversary, then i would be extremely disappointed in SEGA as whole.

What I don't like is that it's almost as if every new "main" SONIC game had to be an anniversary game!!...
I wish we had a "main" game every two years and brand new handheld games between (I mean games like the ADVANCE, RIVAL or RUSH series, and not retelling of the "main" game like the handheld version of COLOURS, GENERATIONS and LOST WORLD), as it was until the 20th birthday (Dreamcast era, Gamecube/PS2/X-box then X-box 360/PS3/Wii)...

And I don't talk about the awful "BOOM era" : fortunately, we had HARDlight Studio to keep the real series alive!!...

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with Tyson wrt what the new game should be but he's been beating that drum for a while now and so have I.

The more interesting part of that post is this:

"Also, don't believe any "new" you've read from the few otable "leakers" out there this year. It's all complete bullshit."

IE: Disregard Zippo. We're flying blind again.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Absolutely 1

@King Conne Unfortunately, there aren't any real handheld systems - with low definition graphics and the lower production costs that came with them - left. The handheld games of the 2000s did a lot of good for the series, but that era of gaming is gone.

But yeah, no more anniversary games. What would a 30th anniversary game even celebrate? The previous anniversaries?

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

@King Conne Unfortunately, there aren't any real handheld systems - with low definition graphics and the lower production costs that came with them - left. The handheld games of the 2000s did a lot of good for the series, but that era of gaming is gone.

Tragic but true.  Strictly speaking, there's nothing stopping any large IP holder from producing a smaller-scale, smaller-budget project nonetheless - but it appears to be the opinion that only the biggest profits are worth chasing, and anything less can be left to the indies.  Titles like Sonic Mania and Ghosts 'N Goblins Resurrection are probably the closest we're likely to get.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

We're flying blind again.

We always have been haha 

But really, SEGA, why are you taking so long to announce this. We already found out.

39 minutes ago, Jango said:

We always have been haha 

But really, SEGA, why are you taking so long to announce this. We already found out.

Because their plans take much more into consideration than if the existence of a project was leaked by a dubbing company. Colours Ultimate existence was leaked, that's all we know. They have other Sonic related projects in the works too. A small leak really isn't something that they'll be in any rush to damage control.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more concerned about the possibility of them not even having anything ready to show yet. Usually when these leaks occur, the publisher already has some stuff ready to go, like a trailer or press-release. Usually. But who knows for how long that data was just sitting there before it was removed... If SEGA isn't just planning to unleash this at a random day, but instead are waiting for some event to do it, we gotta wonder which one is it. E3? Summer Game Fest? GDC?

Realistically they're not going to let the 23rd of June come and go with just a casual "Happy Birthday Sonic" post on social media with nothing substantial.

Given that Colours Ultimate leaked in two different places around the same time I think they're gearing up for an announcement relatively soon for that at least. I personally think Colours on its own could be announced basically anytime now between tomorrow and June 23rd. Assuming that it ends up getting announced standalone from any other release plans.

If we get to this time next month and we've still not heard anything officially then I'd put bets on some sort of Sonic Direct either during E3 or on the 23rd itself outlining their plans for the coming year or so. 

Especially after things like the Mario 35th Direct I think it makes sense to put all their eggs in one basket. Hypothetically Colours and a compilation game get announced with segments inbetween to briefly talk about merch and stuff. Have a section to touch on the movie and netflix show coming out next year and then "speaking of next year" end with a trailer for the next 3D game releasing 2022.

• Thumbs Up 2

Zippo, the way he talks, he always sounds like he heard a little bit of info, and speculates a good amount of the rest basing himself on what was revealed like the name Sonic Studio at SoA. So a bit of info and a lot of speculation.

2 hours ago, Jack-al said:

Zippo, the way he talks, he always sounds like he heard a little bit of info, and speculates a good amount of the rest basing himself on what was revealed like the name Sonic Studio at SoA. So a bit of info and a lot of speculation.

Yeah, I think that this could very well be the case. I don't think the guy is talking completely out of his arse and he's probably saying what his is in fairly good faith. But he's been so unwilling to be publicly forthcoming with any specifics and keeps saying "I'll tell you more later" that I doubt he's got much info of any real value, or is somewhere quite far down the grapevine. There's so much guesswork going on that he can't be particularly well informed. 

At this point, I've written off everything he's said apart from the broadest strokes. There's so little reason to trust him. He apparently did mention Colours Ultimate by name to other people, which is something. But that's pretty much it now. Even that doesn't really accurately match what he said in the leaks, as Colours is neither obscure nor does Ultimate seem to be part of a new collection. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • My Emmerdoods 1

I’m basically taking his leaks in the same broad strokes way that I do Smash Ultimate “leaks” from credible sources. They probably aren’t full on lying or trying to fool anyone, but there’s a lot of guesswork that regardless raises suspicions. Even if they get a leak dead on correct, you shouldn’t take what they say after as word of god, as the factors and context will always change for leaks. Who they’re getting the info from, if the company is being more cautious, if the info is old, etc. 

People should just keep an open mind to whatever happens. At best just keep whatever a leaker you trust or give more weight to compared to others says in the back of your mind until any corroborating evidence officially coming out gives it more weight to come back to and start taking seriously 

• Thumbs Up 1

So it's Friday 23rd and I'm sure some guy on reddit said we'd get Colours and Generations remasters announced today. Let's go!

That's exactly the thing we were talking about not to do xD Unless you're being sarcastic with this comment :X

• Promotion 1

45 minutes ago, Stasis said:

So it's Friday 23rd and I'm sure some guy on reddit said we'd get Colours and Generations remasters announced today. Let's go!

OH SHIT ITS TIME LET'S GOOOOOO ITS HAPPENING GET HYPED etc

Yeah no its a nice thought but I ain't holding me breath.

Incedentally I can't even remember a time Sega has ever shadow dropped a reveal without any sort of lead in before like a conference or stream or even direct. They never surprise us like that 

• Thumbs Up 2