Awoo.

Sonic 30th predictions

UpCDownCLeftCRightC

6 hours ago, Zippo said:

Sorry, but no. 

What else is there to say besides "Oh, I know this is not accurate to the situation at hand and I have information that backs this assertion up"?

People who need to be aware of the information's validity are aware. i.e. not you. I will not ever make claims that I can't back up to the appropriate people.  I've had this verified and I have no obligation to give you anything else on this matter. 

Dislike how the information is given? Great, that's your prerogative and that's more than fine. I've been detailed enough and i'm not changing the way I give out information just to please impatient, frustrated people like you.

That'd be a fool's errand. They will make the announcements when they are ready. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

Everyone else has had their piece and I don't want to dog pile you. I'm not going to keep this going round in circles.

I don't expect you to reveal your sources. That would jeopardise yourself and them, and maybe more people too. However, your blog is filled with non-specific information and you keep saying "I'll add more information later". It's difficult to swallow. What you put on your own blog is entirely your own business. But you're claiming to have had some knowledge of Colours Ultimate for a while before its existence was leaked elsewhere. And you've mentioned the Taxman versions S1 and S2 are finally coming to other platforms. Why not just tell us that in the first place? And why keep making tiny little non-updates saying that you'll give us more details at a later date? You don't need to come here and say tell us all to trust you. Keep that all to your blog. 

Whatever information you have, it's supposed to be a secret. Either keep it a secret, or just be up front about it. You ask "what else is there to say", and the answer is simple; say what you know, without guesswork, being as specific as you can be. And if you don't want to or aren't going to share anything, then that's fine too. You're not obligated to share. But just say you're done and kindly stop engaging in the matter. 

I just want you stop lauding your intel over the rest of the community. You don't owe us anything, but similarly we don't have any particularly good reason to trust you if you can't/won't back up your vague claims. I'm not demanding that you give out information to satisfy inpatient fans. I don't really care when news comes, and I'm more interested in it coming from official sources anyway. It's frankly hilarious that you're calling me "impatient" when all I'm saying is to stop drip feeding us information that you shouldn't be giving us at all, and to either give us the bottle or go home.

Get off this pedestal you've put yourself on. Stop trying to score points by reaffirming that your vague leaks are accurate without backing them up in any way at all. 

10 hours ago, azoo said:

Gonna have to second this, tho maybe not as frustrated as I am tired lol. People are tired of waiting for something and are just finding out they don’t have to worry about it anymore for a while, so being pulled around like a rollercoaster isn’t really something I dig. Especially since we don’t have a lot of reason at this point to believe it. 

I'm not as frustrated as I probably sound. I'm tired too. SEGA have wasted my time for 20-something years, so I just cba

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

Seems like I didn’t miss much huh! 

I guess I’ll repeat what I said in the other topic; I’m tired of waiting and I just want Sega to announce something and stop purposely evading the Sonic issue at hand. 

Over the years we have seen some excellent 3D platformer games released, some of them remakes like the Spyro and Crash trilogies and others brand new like Super Mario Odyssey and the upcoming (and amazing looking!) Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.

These games, in my opinion, make Sonic Forces look like a joke. They look nicer, more fun and way more ambitious! If the next Sonic game fails to stand up to those games even after almost 4 years or maybe even 5 years of development, hoo boy. 

I know I might sound harsh or overly critical about Sonic, but I honestly don’t know if I can give Sega or Sonic Team the benefit of the doubt anymore. I’ve given them too many chances already, so this is it! Can’t believe I’m actually more excited about the Sonic movie sequel than the videogame..! 

I don't care if Zippo is wrong or right, or about all the leak drama, at all. I just want to point out that even if the game comes out in 2022, there's a chance that a trailer will still be shown at this year's E3 regardless.

By the way, the flier is not accurate by fact: it says "movies", and unless they are planning to release a second sequel of the Sonic movie the same year as the other one, I doubt they will make 2 Sonic movies in one year.

If anything, it confirms that those commemorative artworks leaked a while ago are indeed official; the only proof we had so far was Tails Channel telling us they were, but there was no actual evidence, now there is.

Those artworks featured 3D modern, classic and 2D modern Sonics, and we had no 2D modern sonic in a while (unless we count Youtube shorts and Sonic Channel's artworks), so it's totally possible that Zippo might be right about the modern 2D game.

There's a chance but I think the only reason people are discussing E3 as a possibility is because they want it to happen, not because it's likely. If the game was coming out in the next 12 monthhs I'd agree but now that I'm pretty sure that it isn't I can't see them revealing it that early. Forces was revealed that early, but I think everyone can agree that it was too early to reveal the game at that point and that they'll probably do something different this time. Announcements tend to closer to release nowadays for the entire industry.

1 hour ago, Iko said:

Those artworks featured 3D modern, classic and 2D modern Sonics, and we had no 2D modern sonic in a while (unless we count Youtube shorts and Sonic Channel's artworks), so it's totally possible that Zippo might be right about the modern 2D game.

That's the thing: I'm pretty sure Zippo or whoever his source was got access to this artwork and based his entire rumor around it. The supposed "Sonic Studio" logo was in this collection as well, and his concrete knowledge seems to begin and end with that concept art.

27 minutes ago, Wraith said:

There's a chance but I think the only reason people are discussing E3 as a possibility is because they want it to happen, not because it's likely. If the game was coming out in the next 12 monthhs I'd agree but now that I'm pretty sure that it isn't I can't see them revealing it that early. Forces was revealed that early, but I think everyone can agree that it was too early to reveal the game at that point and that they'll probably do something different this time. Announcements tend to closer to release nowadays for the entire industry.

That's the thing: I'm pretty sure Zippo or whoever his source was got access to this artwork and based his entire rumor around it. The supposed "Sonic Studio" logo was in this collection as well, and his concrete knowledge seems to begin and end with that concept art.

I missed the Sonic Studio bit, do we have a logo?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sonikko said:

I missed the Sonic Studio bit, do we have a logo?

"Sonic Studio" logo. Took a bit because I had to do some digging to find it. It was going around on discord and not his blog.
image.png.19551d3d9c3b3c9b18645e16733de9c9.png

It matched with leaked promo art for the 30th anniversary.

unknown.png?width=700&height=394

• Thumbs Up 3

That's literally Sonic's head silhouette. That's not a logo. Where this "Sonic Studio" stuff came from after all? 

That looks a lot like the Sonic Team logo. Are we sure ST didn't just make a slight update to their logo?

Sonic_Team.png

I predict a riot, or have we already had one?

As Gabz Girl said above, there's been far too many great platformers over the last few years that anything Sonic does is set to pale in comparision unless the passion is there. Unless there's clear ambition for the project. It's cynical to be thinking it, but with everything else releasing in '22, pushing the game into that year also minimises a loss of goodwill when it's going to be surrounded by plenty of good things. We will see, though. No matter when we get information, I hope it shows a return to form for the games.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Slashy said:

Do you think SEGA is gonna commit to only releasing new platformers every 5 years?

The only precedents we have are Forces and whatever this new game is. I wouldn't go as far as to assume that just yet. 

Jeez....you guys were kinda mean to Zippo haha. Haven't been checking in here too often, so just caught this. I get it, this is a Sonic drought. Can't take any leaks too seriously, although some end up being true. If the summer passes and nothing happens, then you'll know Zippo didn't have the right info.

Anyway, it's been 4 years since Forces and tbh I can easily wait another year if it'll turn out to be worth it for me. I'm completely finished with mediocre Sonic products, and reached that point in the last game cycle. Didn't buy Forces and will not buy a single game if it's not along the direction of what I want. I won't buy any merch to support mediocre games either. I have a good amount of merch from Mania, along with several copies of that game, and will support future games that hit the right notes in the same way. Take notes, SEGA.

At this point, I'm only looking for the 'classic Sonic in 3D' style games, like the original Sonic Adventure for dreamcast tried to approximate. Even Mania 2 I don't want as much as I want that. And if SEGA absolutely cannot make 3D games in that style, then I'll be content to have Mania sequels. The series certainly passed me by a long time ago but if it still wants my consumer loyalty, then it should produce the stuff I actually want, and not ask me to support stuff I don't want just because it has Sonic's face on it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, suffice to say, the drought is driving us a bit crazy. All I'll say on the matter is that I have no problem with the next game(s) coming out next year. All I'm hoping is an announcement of sorts this year, at least to pass the time.

18 hours ago, Zippo said:

Sorry, but no. 

What else is there to say besides "Oh, I know this is not accurate to the situation at hand and I have information that backs this assertion up"?

People who need to be aware of the information's validity are aware. i.e. not you. I will not ever make claims that I can't back up to the appropriate people.  I've had this verified and I have no obligation to give you anything else on this matter. 

Dislike how the information is given? Great, that's your prerogative and that's more than fine. I've been detailed enough and i'm not changing the way I give out information just to please impatient, frustrated people like you.

That'd be a fool's errand. They will make the announcements when they are ready. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

I'm happy to wait, just wish they would be more straightforward and just say that they are not ready to announce anything in light of current events.

3 minutes ago, Slashy said:

Sonic Colors Ultimate rumors though SOAHCity has been around for years.

https://soahcity.com/2021/05/06/rumor-new-sonic-colors-ultimate-details-leaked/

>UNPLAYABLE 

T-The base game is done, it's finished, it's 10 years old, it's simple and it functions. This isn't 06 or even Unleashed, the improvements one can make to it should be relatively easy and cut and dry and yet they fuck it up????????  I know it's just a rumor but given Sega's atrocious track record with remastering/porting their 3D Sonic games this isn't out of the question. 

This should've been the easiest thing to do. It's like making cereal and somehow setting your house on fire in the process. Hope it's not true because Jesus 

• Chuckle 7

So I don't believe a bit of that. Especially that last bit.

996cb6b4181c1f1be07d7a4bc1f5a8c1.png

Get that shit outta my face, that ain't real. And if it were, then I'm outie. For life. See ya! Adios! Sayonara! etc

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, azoo said:

So I don't believe a bit of that. Especially that last bit.

996cb6b4181c1f1be07d7a4bc1f5a8c1.png

Get that shit outta my face, that ain't real. And if it were, then I'm outie. See ya!

We know you'll be back eventually, just like last time. ❤️

Dunno if this is true or not, but... I kind of suspect not. It'll be easily falsifiable when the time comes though.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

We know you'll be back eventually, just like last time. ❤️

Nah man I hated the Sonic movie with all my heart, dude, all my soul. Passionately. If the past is nostalgia bait and the future is based on the movie, I'd have no reason to stay lmao.

• Fist Bump 3

I'd might've been willing to buy it more if Banana Blitz HD didn't exist, and at least achieved the bare minimum of a remaster, and that had more work to do, given the original game was riddled with motion controls. Sonic Team makes mistakes, but you'd have to imagine them being legitimately braindead to be able to screw up a bare-minimum port of Colours that emulators can already pretty much do most of the remastering work anyway (60fps, higher resolutions, better button mapping).

And I don't think there's even a remote chance of SEGA attempting to cater to the movie universe. I think Paramount has some level of creative control over the movies, since they could make decisions that seemingly didn't require approval from SEGA, which is why the original movie Sonic got through approval, even though we know SEGA themselves weren't receptive to it. I can't see SEGA of all people, known for how much they try to push brand unity, especially via the IDW comic now, randomly submitting themselves and the creative control of the franchise to whatever the movie decides to do.

• Thumbs Up 5

Given how long game development takes*, whatever direction the next Sonic game takes is almost certainly set in stone already. Sega chases successes and flees from failures, but it'll be the success or failure of Sonic 30 that inform the direction the series takes afterwards.

*When responsible publishers are involved...

I can't entirely rule out the idea of movie references such as skins and such, but I can't imagine there's anything specific to take from the movie that SEGA doesn't already have in the franchise, aside from Sonic's new design. But even then, that's something you'd see in a minor cameo.

14 hours ago, Slashy said:

Sonic Colors Ultimate rumors though SOAHCity has been around for years.

https://soahcity.com/2021/05/06/rumor-new-sonic-colors-ultimate-details-leaked/

What in the what the what?

Ok, dial this all back, forget the unplayable point for a brief moment, forget the movie stuff.

Per the article, the Sonic Colors remaster details were leaked via previous leakers, who leaked the Sonic Forces script. And that Sonic Forces script I recall looking very legit and lining up with Sonic Stadium comments section leaker who definitely had a lot of details right. So, that leads to credibility assuming it really is the same entities leaking, and that none are faked. 

So what in the flying fox is going on with everything else? You got Zippo saying similar stuff, is he credible then given he's said similar info? Cause he ain't that script leaker. But why does the article claim the age of the info was circa August 2020? Was there a hijacking of information, a common leaker™ tactic. Whose lying? Am I missing some obvious detail here that explains this? I got like 6 tabs open and nothing is making any sense! So that blog predates the soahcity article on Adventure remakes by 1 day. Does that mean info is being shared among soahcity and Zippo? WHAT IS GOING ON? 

On 5/6/2021 at 1:10 PM, Soniman said:

>UNPLAYABLE 

T-The base game is done, it's finished, it's 10 years old, it's simple and it functions. 

I honestly hope that these facts make it clear this rumor is most likely BS. Same with the Movie skin or the idea the movie is affecting the franchise completely. This all reeks of bullshit to me.