Awoo.

Sonic 30th predictions

UpCDownCLeftCRightC

22 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

But now that Pontac & Graff are out of the picture and not writing any future Sonic games...

Ian Flynn is right there. It would be really foolish to not have him as a writer on the game series from now on. He even wrote for some Sonic Boom episodes so there’s no excuse not to use him! 

Wonder who the new writer(s) will be otherwise. 

There's a part of me wondering if the Man Of Action team will write the plot for the next game. I'm still convinced Sonic Prime is going to be mainline game canon because it sounds like all the inciting events for the plot happen before the first episode. Sonic is dealing with a big mistake he did and all that. 

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

There's a part of me wondering if the Man Of Action team will write the plot for the next game. I'm still convinced Sonic Prime is going to be mainline game canon because it sounds like all the inciting events for the plot happen before the first episode. Sonic is dealing with a big mistake he did and all that. 

Where'd you get the synopsis? Is there any info about it out yet?

Long time lurker, first time poster (hi, y'all)

3 hours ago, Sonikko said:

Synopsis was out long time ago. Read here. There are a lot of details on showrunners' twitter pages regarding the show, which would take ages to dig up, but I myself saw stuff that seem to point out that the series is canon to the games. I would recommend watching an YouTube video on the topic, because I'm sure that someone was keeping track of all that information.

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

That's actually possible that this is the case. I've seen on Twitter somebody ask one of Prime's show runners whether they are involved in writing for other Sonic projects. One of them said that they can't talk about it. Unfortunately, the twitter account that asked that question was deleted, but this guy on Tumblr can confirm that was the question asked. If the showrunners weren't involved with any other Sonic projects, they could have said no explicitly 🤷‍♀️

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sonikko said:

There was the brief description when it was announced about Sonic having to save "a new multiverse" and that he was "going on a journey of self discovery and redemption." Like in general I read redemption and think there's probably going to be something to set that up before the series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Slashy said:

Who is even this guy, lmao? Did he leak anything correctly previously?

Everything in this article sounds like a plagiarized version of Zippo's initial article with small additions.

I think this article is super fake lol

• Thumbs Up 5

This is getting annoying, seriously.

Let's Just ignore them and wait 20 days. They are just begging for attention at best, luring people into giving views to monetized Youtube videos at worst, so it's better to go full apathy on them. It's the same trash of the Grinch "leak" in the Smash fanbase.

About 20 freaking days and it's E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Thanks to my insiders, I know that Shiro Maekawa is writing the next game's story, with Ian Flynn translating the script."

Ok, come on even Zippo wasn't that crazy lmao.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 3

4chan "leakers" at least have the sense to not have a name attached to the obvious, wish-fulfillment bullshit they write.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Slashy said:

Yeah skimming this it's bullshit. It's all "you know those things you really want to hsppen? They're happening!" Like come on Maekawa and Ian Flynn both being involved in the scripting? That's literally the kind of thing you see daily on Sonic twitter.

Also Sonic might be voiced by one of the 3 popular choices I mean at least add a couple different names. And Quinton Flynn was already replaced by Bryce Papenbrook in TSR same for Erica Lindbeck as Blaze.

At this point I wish Sega would announce something just to stop this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I sooner will believe "Maekawa will return as a designer and make Sky Deck 3" than think he's returning for another Sonic story. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Meanwhile in the world of crazy rumours/leaks; Zippo updated his blog post yesterday about Sonic 3 being rereleased. He stated the following:

Update 05/21/21: 

More details, as promised:

-There will indeed be changes done to the music. It appears to be the beta music that was originally intended. Don't expect ANY the songs that MJ and Buxer worked on to return. This is going to be a divisive decision for many in the community, but many need to understand that this is how it had to be, in order to get the game re-released.

-Angel Island, Hydro City and Marble Garden should be fine. 

-This deal over the music was finalized early in 2020. 

-They're now allowed to use Sonic 3 in promotional materials again, which is why the Sonic 3 Tiger game system got a re-release last year.

-Can"t get into the full legal logistics today, but there was a changing of the guard at the Jackson estate in 2018, and that lead to talks opening up again.

-This collection was originally going to be developed by an outside studio, but SEGA decided to bring it in -in house. This will be the first SEGA internally developed Sonic collection since Sonic Gems Collection in 2005.

-There are fans involved in the development of the collection. And no, not Evening Star. 

-A mobile release is planned, but I'm unsure if that will release the same time as the collection or not.

Regardless of whether this leak is true or not, I would happily accept an official release with the beta music (some of the beta tracks are better than the MJ tracks IMO).

1 hour ago, TheOcelot said:

-There will indeed be changes done to the music. It appears to be the beta music that was originally intended. Don't expect ANY the songs that MJ and Buxer worked on to return. This is going to be a divisive decision for many in the community, but many need to understand that this is how it had to be, in order to get the game re-released.

I'll just wait for the music mods on PC, it will probably just take a few hours, if this version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles is a full remaster.

Just out of curiosity, why is it that the music in the Mega Collections on consoles and NDS retained the original tracks - did this “distancing” come after the fact? 

20 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

Just out of curiosity, why is it that the music in the Mega Collections on consoles and NDS retained the original tracks - did this “distancing” come after the fact? 

I don't know enough about the specifics of those collections to say, but I believe there's some evidence that ports are subject to different rules than remasters.  The same code running on an emulator doesn't count as a different game; but a ground-up rebuild (like the StealthTax versions) is effectively a new game using the old resources and would require relicensing.  That's my understanding of one element of what is doubtless a complicated situation.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, phobs said:

Who is even this guy, lmao? Did he leak anything correctly previously?

Everything in this article sounds like a plagiarized version of Zippo's initial article with small additions.

I think this article is super fake lol

Yes ➿ :lol:  The section about classic is very telling, for including speculation about something that we already know happened differently!  :blink:

Classic Sonic and his series of games are not all that and a bag of chips anymore at SEGA. Judging by my sources, Classic's big return was always planned to be a short term deal, but due to the failures of Lost World and Boom, and due to how Classic merch kept selling, SEGA decided to publish Mania

SEGA was legitimately impressed with Sonic Mania, as well as the Taxman mobile versions, which are conspicuously not mentioned here :lol: :lol: 

I swear this time, if this guy Zippo is right, especially about Sonic 3, I'll eat my shoe, for real.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I swear this time, if this guy Zippo is right, especially about Sonic 3, I'll eat my shoe, for real.

We'll hold you to that, Jango 😂

Fingers crossed SEGA will reveal a new Sonic game/new collection - or at the very least the Colours remaster - by the end of June.

There apparently was a Sonic Collection found in the same site as Sonic Colors Ultimate but I still am holding out on trusting Zippo because honestly game compilations aren't that hard to guess. If Sonic Adventure Remake and Sonic Rose (that was him right? I can't keep track) materialize then I'll apologize. 

https://www.twitter.com/MykonosFan/status/1396237579490631681

5 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

If Sonic Adventure Remake and Sonic Rose (that was him right? I can't keep track) materialize then I'll apologize. 

Sonic Rose, never heard of, and sounds incredibly fake. Sonic Adventure remake, Zippo "confirmed"... as being cancelled in 2015.

On the news of this new collection, I'm curious about it and want to see more. Could this be a definitive collection with all manner of different games to play, some we've never been able to? Or another slap dash collection with no substance, i.e Sonic 1, 2 and Spinball on an emulator with a bunch of Game Gear games?

4 hours ago, Jango said:

What is this, like the 4th shoe you'll have had to eat from one of these bets if this one pans out? XD

Good luck either way.

• My Emmerdoods 1

God, please just be more than the Genesis games again.

I’m not expecting a 3D collection out of this since Colors is separate, unless they mean like, Dreamcast 3D games. It’ll probably be a bunch of the old school classic games with some touch ups. Eh, it’s serviceable if true and it ends up being that 

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I’m not expecting a 3D collection out of this since Colors is separate, unless they mean like, Dreamcast 3D games. It’ll probably be a bunch of the old school classic games with some touch ups. Eh, it’s serviceable if true and it ends up being that 

Could include the DC and PS2 era games. They haven't been re-released in ages, and getting a collection with all of them + Genesis titles would probably entice more sales.