Awoo.

Sonic 30th predictions

UpCDownCLeftCRightC

1 minute ago, Ratcicle King said:

I can see them going for full price at best but not above it, you gotta remember, this whole ''paying full price if not premium for HD ports of games from the fifth generation onwards'' nonsense is something only Nintendo does, and they get enough flack as it is for it. Think collections from the PS3 era, like the God of War anthology or MGS Legacy Collection, all games of the series so far, remastered in HD, for full price and nothing more.

Furthermore, I don't think a Sonic collection, no matter how many games they shove in it, would be worth paying premium for, considering most of it would consist of games from at least 2 generations ago, and a good chunk of those being poorly received as it is. For comparison, not even the Crash and Spyro remakes were full price, and those were full blown REMAKES, not ports.

I think that makes sense, but then the pricing for Colours is a bit odd if you think about it, that's what throws me off and leads me to think this is kind of a bigger deal to them. If a single game from that collection goes for 25€ and we assume Generations and Forces would go for the same price because they're more recent than Colours is, then you're already way over the 60/69€ MSRP with just 3 games.

Unless the collection is just 3 games.

1 minute ago, Sonikko said:

I think that makes sense, but then the pricing for Colours is a bit odd if you think about it, that's what throws me off and leads me to think this is kind of a bigger deal to them. If a single game from that collection goes for 25€ and we assume Generations and Forces would go for the same price because they're more recent than Colours is, then you're already way over the 60/69€ MSRP with just 3 games.

Unless the collection is just 3 games.

Could be like I mentioned before, buying it alone is that price, but buying the entire collection (aka the base collection + whatever games are being sold separately) will discount the price of the separate games, rounding it up at full price.

• Thumbs Up 1

Realistically I would say we could be looking at around 30 bucks if it stays to classic games.

Throw in Adventure 1 and 2 and I think they'd be looking at 50, MAYBE 40 if they decide to be extra generous. 

Anything beyond that, it will go for the full 60 bucks much as I would love a Rare Replay style "30 years 30 games 30 dollars" package.

• Thumbs Up 2

30 games is more than enough TBH.

The classics: 1-3, Knuckles and CD (5)

The other classics: 3D Blast, Spinball and Mean Bean (3)

The "no one really like those, but they say they kinda do": Chaotix, R, Fighters and SegaSonic (4)

The handhelds: Advance 1-3, Battle, Pocket Adventure, Rush and Rush Adventure (7)

The 3Ds: SA1, SA2, Heroes, Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Lost World and Forces (8)

The GG and MS classics because why not: S1 and 2, Triple Trouble and Chaos (4)

The ones I don't think they'll add: Shadow, 06, Secret Rings, Black Knight, Sonic 4, Mania and TSR.

I sincerely doubt that Forces and TSR will be on it. I'd imagine if this was a big ass collection it'd probably stop at Lost World since Forces and TSR are still readily available on most consoles.

1 hour ago, Slashy said:

Time to say something I will be staked for. I want the Sonic Collection to have Sonic 4.

Might as well, those games never left their consoles, and while they do exist on PC, it'll be good for preservation's sake to at least have a physical way to keep them.

• Thumbs Up 1

The biggest wish of mine that will never happen is to have Adventure 2's multiplayer available online and with four people. Even without that, though, a collection that includes Heroes will be an instant buy for me. I'd get it on the Switch to have all these games on a handheld. Around twenty days until we (hopefully) find out what such a collection includes.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Slashy said:

Time to say something I will be staked for. I want the Sonic Collection to have Sonic 4.

Yeah, I am not sure if that will happen, but good luck. No offense.

That said, I am excited for a Sonic Collection, and a possible Sonic Colors Remaster if that is still rumored. I wonder, will the tracks for Ice Cap, Launch Base and Carnival Night as they originally sounded be in Sonic 3 and Knuckles in the collection, or will they be replaced with other music?

We’re finally getting news! Motobug will be streaming the event live at 12pm EST/5pm BST for SSMB members who wanna watch the event live.

• Fist Bump 1

I genuinely thought this would never happen, I'm hoping for something exciting but I'm not expecting it.

> 3 hours of stream

Man, they're gonna dripfeed us won't they.

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

> 3 hours of stream

Where does it say that?

Oh dang! Hope this means we're getting a look at the new game. I'm still a bit cautious, though, since 'projects' is a pretty broad term.

4 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

> 3 hours of stream

That's just the time zones you're looking at. We don't know how long the stream is.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Where does it say that?

6 minutes ago, FloweringFox said:

Oh dang! Hope this means we're getting a look at the new game. I'm still a bit cautious, though, since 'projects' is a pretty broad term.

That's just the time zones you're looking at. We don't know how long the stream is.

Right, I mixed it up, nevermind

Aw, yeah! This is happ'nin!

17:00 BST start is fun. Be great to finally see what things are in store for us throughout the year. I'll be watching for sure.

So, about what the new anniversary game, if it is revealed in the presentation, I would like to ask; how much nostalgia, references, throwbacks, etc. do you guys think will be in the new 30th anniversary Sonic game?

Hopefully, Classic Sonic is not used again.

Well, I just read that Roger is back.  Now I’m trying to decide between slamming my head on my bed or listen to Sonic Chronicles OST on maximum volume.  Or try to watch footage of the final boss of Balan Wonderland without blinking.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Miles Storzillo said:

Well, I just read that Roger is back.  Now I’m trying to decide between slamming my head on my bed or listen to Sonic Chronicles OST on maximum volume.  Or try to watch footage of the final boss of Balan Wonderland without blinking.

Or...just switch to the Japanese voices and stop obsession over a voice actor.

• Thumbs Up 5

13 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I mean... If  he doesn't like Smith, he doesn't like Smith. He's just joking. As much as some of us might be pleased with today's news, he's disappointed. That's like... Totally fine?

And I legit hate the argument "just switch the language to something you don't speak and don't understand". You might find the voice more tolerable, but it leads to a disconnect between yourself and whatever it is that you're listening. Plus Sonic's voice is but one of many in the series.

I'm operating under the impression that people legit cannot stand Roger's Sonic; at that point, rather than subjecting yourself to something you know you aren't going to like, just switch it.

Its not even about disliking Roger specifically, but continuing to engage with something when you already know its going to upset you.

Because at this point, I don't see an alternative besides tolerating him, or just muting the TV whenever you're playing.