Awoo.

Video game adaptations you want to see

Leebo4

Whether it be tv show or movie; what games do you want to see adapted? Here is a list of mine:

Crash Bandicoot

Been a Crash fan ever ai be I could remember and while his first guest appearance on Skylanders Academy teased a spin off; there had been no word of it since then and the show ended after three Seasons. I so want a show made of this game but maybe they would get a different voice actor as I personally don’t like the Australian accent and would prefer the more goofy voice from the games. At least I have the Cuphead Show to look forward to binge...

Spyro the Dragon

Yes he starred in Skylanders Academy but the show has ended and so maybe he could get a different show based on the original trilogy. Bring in Elora and the designs from the reignited trilogy. Maybe it could be a spin off continuing on from Skylanders Academy. I want to see more of my fave purple dragon (sorry Spike).

Overwatch

The game’s complex storyline is too big for an online multiplayer game; why not expand in a show or spin off movie. So much lore to explore with this series.

Freedom Planet

this indie based on the Sonci series could have its characters expanded in its own show. Cuphead is getting its own show so why not this?

what ideas do you have?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wraith

• Shaddy Zaphod

• Cayenne

• Leebo4

I still really want a Half-Life movie. Focusing on Black Mesa as a setting with Freeman and G-Man as more imposing background elements than central characters, and the emotional core focusing on other survivors of the incident like Barney, Cross, Green, Shepard (and maybe people like Rosenburg, Keller, Kleiner and Eli) would make for a really interesting take. It'd be more of a disaster movie than a straight-up action romp, and I feel keeping Gordon as this sort of barely-spoken isolated and stoic force of nature that decimates everything in his path would preserve the lack of characterization he's given in the game without making him a bland protagonist. People don't have nearly the investment in Adrian being mute, and HL2 straight-up retconned a voice for Barney. I think the mostly open nature of Half-Life 1's universe means that there's a lot of different setpieces or obstacles you could create for the characters (as well as dynamics for a group that never interacted with each other before) that could make a unique film without straying too far from what Half-Life 1 and its spinoffs felt like to play. I guess it'd be more of an adaptation of Sven Co-op, by that logic. You'd need to actually get an accomplished director and writers for this though, and probably keep Laidlaw close by to make sure they weren't fucking everything up.

Zelda TV series with each "Season" being one of the 3D games in release order. The art and tone changes to fit the work but the overall focus on fleshing out the characters/world of each game while staying loyal to the narrative stays the same. 

There's way too much content in games with story focus for a 2 hour movie to work. That's why I hope we don't see as many Hollywood adaptations and more netflix series like Castlevania. Even something lighter like Sonic would be much more enjoyable in that format compared to having a film that only really has time to introduce the two title characters inbetween the length and the obligatory hollywood fluff.

original.jpg

I'm a HUGE Sly Cooper fan and the movie was my most wanted and anticipated video game adaptation until it was canceled in 2017. The new designs and concepts got salvaged and remodeled for a TV show that was supposed to be released last year, but nothing happened. There's no new release date, no news, no new images, nada. Sony is strangely quiet about it.

Being a Sly Cooper fan is hard. Really hard. ;__;

I'd love to see a big budget TV series based on Final Fantasy X. The setting and story would be mind blowing on film.

I love seeing stuff turned live action so I’m all for realistic features on nonhuman characters and such.

I agree with Spyro. Have not played the Skylander series though.

I still think Mario could work if it’s portrayed right. Just keep it’s fantasy theme and colorful worlds intact.

Also Kirby. Maybe he could look Pillsbury Doughboy or Stay Puft Marshmallow Man-ish.

Earthworm Jim because it’s so wacky.

I would love a Jak & Daxter television show as I can stare at its art style all day.