Awoo.

IGN's "top 25" Dreamcast games

Nateman04

Ok, so I just felt like venting a little bit. IGN just released their 10th birthday list of the "top 25" Dreamcast games and NEITHER Sonic Adventure NOR Sonic Adventure 2 was included. Hell, they have SEAMAN on the list and that was hardly even a friggin' game! As much as I love most of the games on this list, to not include Sonic Adventure, the game that MADE the Dreamcast and the top seller on the console is just total B.S! Please tell me I'm not alone here people.

You can read the travesty here: http://games.ign.com/articles/102/1021451p1.html

yeah, SA1 should've been there for sure. (what the fuck is armada?) but most of that list is pretty solid.

It's a testament to the dreamcast that I think of like 20 odd other games that should've been there. What a console!

Because Sonic and Shenmue fans defend their cause at all costs, which generates traffic and in itself, generates money. Don't give them that satisfaction.

And lets not forget the article that explains WHY Shenmue aint on there (heres a hint: one of them says it's not on there cause it SUCKS. Same guy who gave Unleashed a 4.5).

IGN....IGNorant indeed. I've always tried to lay off the IGN bashing but this list, and the lack of something like Shenmue, is just silly.

It's nothing too surprising, just traffic tactics - I'm sure they're well aware just how rabid the fanbases of both series' can get. It is a pretty sad state of affairs when IGN seems to spend more time pulling stunts for page views than actually doing their job - but it's been going on for a while now.

Much like the Dreamcast clock upon booting, don't give 'em the time of day.

I guess they're really going out to say that Sonic never worked in 3D, huh? What with SA1 not being anywhere on the list. :P

Wow... Just wow. Rayman 2 (not even an exclusive considering it ended up on PS2 anyway) made it to the list but neither Sonic Adventure or Shenmue did? Ha, and these are the people who once said they'd re-review every Dreamcast game in an effort to get SEGA to release a new console, then they go and call a game of sheer calibur such as Shenmue shit? Again, wow...

...do not feed the trolls? That's about all I can think of. If IGN is deliberately provoking fandoms for the sake of pageviews, then I see no reason to give them attention anymore. They've been doing this for years now - I really wish people would stop falling for it so fucking easily.

• Thumbs Up 1

...do not feed the trolls? That's about all I can think of. If IGN is deliberately provoking fandoms for the sake of pageviews, then I see no reason to give them attention anymore. They've been doing this for years now - I really wish people would stop falling for it so fucking easily.

They do that on purpose to get pageviews? That is depressing... :/

What if Sonic fans all sent one chili dog in sloppy wet envelopes to IGN offices?

Edited by Ezra the Badnik

Because Sonic and Shenmue fans defend their cause at all costs, which generates traffic and in itself, generates money. Don't give them that satisfaction.

I don't care enough to storm IGN HQ. They get enough hate thrown their way as it is anyway :lol:

But the decision to include multiformat games for a console 'Top X' list is rather baffling.

Shenmue 1 wasn't that great but Shenmue 2 not being here is a travesty.

As an aside, I don't think they really care about Sonic fans enoguh to troll them- this guy just had shitty taste in games.

Wow... Just wow. Rayman 2 (not even an exclusive considering it ended up on PS2 anyway)
PS2 version blew ass by comparison, and Rayman 2 is a better game then either SA games.

I owned 6 games on that list including Marvel VS. Capcom. It was a great game but doesn't deserve the number 1 spot. And I can't help but laugh about them not putting Sonic Adventure or Shenmue on the list. Those were my 2 favorite Dreamcast games. Hell even MDK2 made the list. I could never get far in that game.

Edited by Joseppi
  • Thumbs Up 1

No Shenmue or Sonic Adventure 1 and 2? That's retarded. Shenmue is easily the best Dreamcast game ever. MvC2 is awesome, but I'd put it as #3 on my list, not #1.

*laughs* I knew something like this was gonna happen! Trust bloody IGNorant to piss off the fanboys.

How SA1, SA2 and especially both Shenmue games never made it on that list is...beyond my comprehension.

I just stopped giving a damn about reviews in general. I just listen to Ash, Cassanova, and Black Lightning for game advice. So far, none of them let me down.

MvC2? The best Dreamcast game?

iorilaugh.gif

Even ignoring my hate for the game and speaking objectively, MvC2 isn't even the best fighting game on the system.

GamesRadar did a Top 7 list for Dreamcast week. I think it was pretty good, at the very least because they actually put Dreamcast games on the list rather than ports of PSX games.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The games on there are pretty good I guess. It's more of a matter of taste than anything else that the guy didn't put Sonic Adventure in. Don't try to kill the guy for it. XD

IGN as you all know have no valuable opinions anyway. Why should we give a shit about what they think?

Even ignoring my hate for the game and speaking objectively, MvC2 isn't even the best fighting game on the system.
I think the recent XBLA release has definitely had something to do with that particular placing

How SA1, SA2 and especially both Shenmue games never made it on that list is...beyond my comprehension.

My thoughts exactly. Especially Shenmue which I thought was one of the most awesome games ever.

• Thumbs Up 1