Awoo.

Worst box art character designs

Leebo4

What is the worst designs for characters on box arts you can find? Points for how bad and inaccurate the box art characetr designs are. Here I found the European bad box art megaman:

image.thumb.jpeg.7a05fb44e76a3fd805ea3318bba91cd3.jpeg

now the original US one:

image.jpeg.576679d52b1a3f2600f01560fed5c05e.jpeg

Phoenix Games are usually a consistent offender of this, with the worst of this coming from their Peter Pan box art…

40910071-3AA3-4120-82DC-5C99CAA9257D.jpeg.b0fe59d9248360b88ef24a8ee78e5ebd.jpeg
…which commits the blatant crime of theft:

I think most of you know about this but I'll mention it any way. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you THE most confusing box art in the history of video games ever!

original.jpg

This is Phalanx. This is specifically the North American box art of the game. So what's this game about? Its about banjo man? What's with the spaceship? Is this a fever dream? This is the Banjo & Kazooie prequel we were missing? Well...

Its just another shoot em up like Gradius at the time. The reasoning for the strange box art is that there was nothing that made the game stand out in a sea of space shoot em ups so they had to give it an interesting cover. Its a shame because I would wonder how the game would be like if banjo man was in it but atlas this isn't this timeline.

Heck AVGN did an episode about it. That's how bad it is. Again I'm sure all of you know of it but yeah the 90s were the wild west for video games.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

I think most of you know about this but I'll mention it any way. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you THE most confusing box art in the history of video games ever!

original.jpg

This is Phalanx. This is specifically the North American box art of the game. So what's this game about? Its about banjo man? What's with the spaceship? Is this a fever dream? This is the Banjo & Kazooie prequel we were missing? Well...

Its just another shoot em up like Gradius at the time. The reasoning for the strange box art is that there was nothing that made the game stand out in a sea of space shoot em ups so they had to give it an interesting cover. Its a shame because I would wonder how the game would be like if banjo man was in it but atlas this isn't this timeline.

Heck AVGN did an episode about it. That's how bad it is. Again I'm sure all of you know of it but yeah the 90s were the wild west for video games.

Speaking of misleading artwork, here’s one I remember seeing on the 3DS e-Shop when I was in middle school:

E136067B-F4C9-4B3A-B9B4-5552E7880BE9.jpeg.f6227099d7ea5a4b3737c90fd25973d1.jpeg

Wanna see what the game’s ACTUALLY about?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

original.jpg

I'm like 98% sure that the spaceship on the cover is actually a picture of an X-Wing.

Speaking of box-art stealing form movies, we have the cover for Metal Gear on the MSX2:

Metal_Gear_cover.jpg

At first glance it's not a bad cover, quite the contrary. But, if it looks rather familiar that may be because it's a blatant trace-over of Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese in The Terminator:

latest?cb=20081008025043

It's not all bad. One can definitely buy Biehn as a younger version of Yoji Shinkawa's Snake design, which was used from Metal Gear Solid on. Certainly more-so than Mel Gibson, who was used as the model for Snake's radio sprite in the original release of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake:

Image result for Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake original sprite

Still, if you're going to model your character on an actor, at least give him a new pose.

• Thumbs Up 1