Awoo.

There has been lots of talk about spinoff movies about Robotnik/Knuckles etc

StarWarsSonic

This is unlikely to ever happen as Knuckles/Robotnik/Shadow are not as big and recognisable as Sonic.

However, someone on YouTube mentioned it would be cool that if the Sonic sequel does very well that what if Paramount decided to go  the route DC does with it’s straight to DVD/Blu Ray animated movies for characters like Knuckles and Shadow. It would cost Paramount a lot less money and would give different characters a chance to shine.

How would everyone feel about straight to DVD/Blu-Ray animated features for characters like Knuckles and Shadow?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, StarWarsSonic said:

This is unlikely to ever happen as Knuckles/Robotnik/Shadow are not as big and recognisable as Sonic.

I dunno, Robotnik's gained some ground thanks to Jim Carrey's incredible performance. Having a spinoff movie about him would be pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Show of hands: who thought of Ken Penders' pitches when they saw this?

These could be cool though. Not sure I want Shadow in this, but yeah.

• Chuckle 2

Give them a big cast, big advertising all around, quality trailers, they could pull it off, it's not unlikely. I mean, we all underestimated Sonic's debut movie, so... including me, yeah. Given the freedom they have, they could try big stuff for those characters, especially Shadow.

I get the feeling it would be more along the lines of Alpha & Omega/Buddies/Beethoven/Land Before Time where you're just casually browsing the internet and someone drops the info about how many sequels they got.

Direct to DVD is where movies go when their box office potential is dead but the home media releases are strong sellers still with budget slashed everywhere it can be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess it really depends on how well the movies do.  I wouldn't mind seeing some Direct to Video movies of the Sonic the Hedgehog cast, especially since there's no way they could fit so many characters into these movies.  But having them be animated would make things a bit confusing for the audience since they might mistakenly think that the Direct to Video movies are in a different continuity from the movies.   They should probably go the MCU route and have some of their movies air on streaming services.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 11:55 AM, Rabid-Coot said:

I get the feeling it would be more along the lines of Alpha & Omega/Buddies/Beethoven/Land Before Time where you're just casually browsing the internet and someone drops the info about how many sequels they got.

Direct to DVD is where movies go when their box office potential is dead but the home media releases are strong sellers still with budget slashed everywhere it can be.

To be fair, most of the DC animated movies that get released straight to DVD/Blu Ray  get very good reviews and are often well liked by fans compared to the majority of DC’s inconsistent cinematic move output.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, StarWarsSonic said:

To be fair, most of the DC animated movies that get released straight to DVD/Blu Ray  get very good reviews and are often well liked by fans compared to the majority of DC’s inconsistent cinematic move output.

Although to be fair, some of the later DC movies like Aquaman and Wonder Woman have gotten good reviews. Even Joker got a ton of praise from the audience.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

"Stone", a prestigious limited series dramedy exploring the character of Agent Stone and set before the events of the first movie. Coming to Paramount+ October, 2023.

• Chuckle 3

I always find topics like this a little funny.

"Yo, Sonic lovers, would you be interested in getting more Sonic stuff?"
"Hmm, now that you mentioned I do like Sonic."

Unless someone really hates the movie, why would anyone here be against the idea?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd love a Tails movie, but it's waaaaaaaaay too early to start thinking about stuff like this.

Come back after we get three box-office hits, and then we can talk about spinoffs.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/6/2022 at 1:03 PM, KingMario05 said:

I'd love a Tails movie, but it's waaaaaaaaay too early to start thinking about stuff like this.

Come back after we get three box-office hits, and then we can talk about spinoffs.

Yeah, we still need to see how well the sequel does in theaters before we consider spinoffs.

• Thumbs Up 2

I’ve always thought the Sonic games have amazing cinematic quality and I think good adaptations like Sonic X and the Sonic movie attest to that. 

Eggman and Knuckles have always been this series’ strongest characters outside Sonic. And Shadow’s story remains one of the best. 

Amy and Rouge could also be just as big stars as any of them, partially depending on how this first trilogy introduces them because they have been pretty much MIA for the past decade. 

Tikal would get a highly-praised cult classic straight-to-DVD animated movie. 

edit: and Blaze would have what fans consider the ultimate best movie in the franchise.

edit 2: There are already enough great Sonic characters and stories across games, comics, and TV shows to build a great film franchise. They just need to find their Kevin Fiege if they haven’t already.

• Thumbs Up 2

To bring back the idea about having some of these movies on streaming services as I stated years ago, I think that it would be interesting to have a miniseries on Paramount + that's all about either Tails or Knuckles, depending on which character proves to be the most popular with the audience, so that way, each character can be expanded more on without worrying about the constraints of the movie's time limit.  If they were to do a Knuckles miniseries, I think that showing his backstory about what happened to him before the events of the second movie would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, KnuxDLX said:

There are already enough great Sonic characters and stories across games, comics, and TV shows to build a great film franchise. They just need to find their Kevin Fiege if they haven’t already.

Ian Flynn enters the chat

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

To bring back the idea about having some of these movies on streaming services as I stated years ago, I think that it would be interesting to have a miniseries on Paramount + that's all about either Tails or Knuckles, depending on which character proves to be the most popular with the audience, so that way, each character can be expanded more on without worrying about the constraints of the movie's time limit.  If they were to do a Knuckles miniseries, I think that showing his backstory about what happened to him before the events of the second movie would be nice.

I'd love that, too! (Especially one focused on my man Tails.) Still, we need to see how the second movie does before losing ourselves in cinematic-universe hype. Paramount isn't exactly known for stable franchises, after all, so seeing how movie 2 performs is absolutely critical to this goal.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, Johnny Boy said:

I think a Chaotix spin off movie would be fun to see. 

I could imagine they could look similar like this picture drawn by JoeAdok.:

depa39j-fecbc407-fa18-415a-9e0f-592b6bee8c20.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2YxNmE3ZTBhLTM2ZjktNDNjYy05NDFmLTQzNDdhOWFlNjg5MFwvZGVwYTM5ai1mZWNiYzQwNy1mYTE4LTQxNWEtOWUwZi01OTJiNmJlZThjMjAucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.GCLPJpCZSPnkpBqnCFkmVFVtzCJkekapREej0fI9c5I

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 3