Awoo.

Posting takes too long

Monkey Destruction Switch

It seems like when I make a post, status update, or status reply, it often takes a few solid seconds to actually publish and it's beginning to get on my nerves. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

32 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

It seems like when I make a post, status update, or status reply, it often takes a few solid seconds to actually publish and it's beginning to get on my nerves. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, but it seems to be a problem with actually updating the page. Usually, the post/status/reply is posted immediately, it just takes longer for it to actually reflect in your page. If you open a new tab and go to SSMB, you'll tend to see that it's been posted long before the previous tab actually shows it was posted.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yeah, but it seems to be a problem with actually updating the page. Usually, the post/status/reply is posted immediately, it just takes longer for it to actually reflect in your page. If you open a new tab and go to SSMB, you'll tend to see that it's been posted long before the previous tab actually shows it was posted.

Looks like you're right. Still annoying though.

In addition to this, occasionally when i reply to a SU, not only it takes longer after pressing the submit button but it for some reason count as i wanted to post two identical comments, and since i can't delete them manually i have to edit the second saying it was a mistake.
What causes this?

Yeah. I think this is why double posting happens more frequently nowadays than it used to. Sometimes it looks like nothing's happening and I've spammed that post button out of frustration.

Yeah. I think this is why double posting happens more frequently nowadays than it used to. Sometimes it looks like nothing's happening and I've spammed that post button out of frustration.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

• 2 weeks later...

@bmn Maybe a little bit, but it's still a problem. To be honest, I'm not sure I post enough to be able to answer this easily.

Sorry for the double-post, but I take it back, I don't think it's improved even a little. xP

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this issue today. I would assume this is a problem with IP. Board's configuration with the server. It should be fixable but I might be wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Scrolling does seem to have improved with the new update, but posting still takes a while to upload.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

This is still happening, unfortunately. With status update replies, at least. It's really annoying.

1 hour ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

This is still happening, unfortunately. With status update replies, at least. It's really annoying.

Yep. It's still happening. Is it in any way related to the frequent 504 errors?