Awoo.

[Showcase] A-D's Cartoons n' art n' things

Danj86

Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I've had showcase topics before but those were years ago and difficult to find now. I'll be using this one mostly for video content as I practise and learn the best process for the job. I'm also learning how to edit videos and use 3D software. I have so much planned but have very little to show off at the moment.

Animation Test 2: -No sound-

Scrolling Animation Test 2: -With sound and music-

Video Editing Practice Featuring Star Trek: Picard:

That's all I really have to show for now. It's not much and nothing special. My hope is to improve and maybe entertain eventually. I can't rely on Television, comics or movies to do that anymore. Games are being ruined and Anime and Manga is being infiltrated by authoritarian scum. But anyway....ignore my ranting. I'm feeling pretty depressed at the moment and it will only worsen as time goes by.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oops, forgot I had this thread. I made it a week ago, sheesh...

Now I can do basic stuff with 2D animation and 3D. I also have the tools required to do Stop-Motion, which is also something I'll be trying at some point. Though that will require a greater set up.

This animation isn't perfect. Eggman's belly is moving, but I think it doesn't match his movements from his sprite. I also need to do better in removing the green from the green screen. That's more of a video editing problem, I might be required to buy a better version but at this stage, that wont be possible. (Financial reasons.) The video editor I have been using is a free demo.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Here is what I've been promoting over the past week. My very first completed animation. If you're familiar with the Rhythm Heaven series, you might recognise the style and music.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so I've got this long video I'm working on and I completed a short animation, I'm now considering other ideas for short animations that could be made while the long one continues to get development. Got one potential idea, not sure on it yet, though.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd share some pictures I made that were created due to interactions with others on the internets.

sGm5uQ9.png

hlwz4gI.png

XryPMWQ.png

cerdAq6.png

Ff6Fkbt.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Not been able to focus much these past few weeks. It's not much but I was able to put together a practice for a walk cycle and looping background. I plan to clean it up and try to use it in a short animation, but progress is slow. I do have several animation ideas in the works and this is the only thing that can be shown in smooth motion.

wXbQay8.gif

• 2 months later...

Hmm...I'm not sure if the sounds....sound right? If that makes sense? Which I don't think it does...

With everything I learned about animation and Clip Studio Paint, (The software I use for drawing and animating.) it's bizarre to look at this and know I only drew Kirby once to make this. You can probably tell because it's a process I haven't perfected. Notice how the line art changes thickness while he moves, that occurs because his body parts are being manipulated into the next movement, adjusting size, bending, reversing or warping.

Either the software or my computer were struggling to handle the amount of content that this animation used. Each part of Kirby (Eyes, cheeks, hands, feet and mouth.) had something like 60 different frames, then I duplicated him twice. That means I'll need to be more careful in how I handle future animations. Separating them into segments and using a video editor to put them all together.

Anyway, this is now officially completed and means I've created 2 finished animations. Now I can use them both to send to Saberspark as my résumé, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Also, because I'm stupid, I made this new art topic because I thought it would be impossible to find my old one. I forgot that I could find topics I made from my own profile. I saw the darn thing when looking for this one. If the mods prefer it that I have only one topic for art stuff here, that's fine. I'm really bad at remembering minor stuff so posting something I already posted over in the other one is a very real possibility...

• 2 months later...

I have some stuff to showcase. I never really wanted to originally because they represent a bad memory and ultimate failure but nothing could be done about it so...take a look. They aren't animations but were intended to be used in one.

kaNfGLB.png

yhDr6Uz.png

maIJkfd.png

PlcGEYN.png

K1U6RiS.png

jMMur09.png

8SrGEpl.png

jfxZ9Yx.png

HCqieAD.png

My job was to draw the characters while another would colour them. We had a tight deadline and I pushed myself hard to get these done. Circumstances prevented every thing from being finished in time so it sadly had to be cancelled.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

I didn't think I'd go ahead with this idea so soon but I did enjoy the process once I got the hang of the software. A little troubling that animating with SFM appears to be a faster process over using Clip Studio Paint and 2D animating. At least as it stands now. I don't plan to abandon 2D animation simply because of that anyway.

My idea here is to try and recreate the main events of Super Smash Brothers Ultimates' World of Light mode in an animation, similar in style to the Subspace Emissary mode from Brawl. This is just a fun little teaser I thought I could share.

• Thumbs Up 1