Awoo.

Why Shadow matters

Kuzu

56 minutes ago, Nathan said:

And he’s also the most powerful hedgehog in the world this is who he’s is 

D9FBD287-F547-4CA0-9B5D-613680789E99.thumb.jpeg.c2a957c8af979f8d93367f0b24d19392.jpeg

Shadow be like, “You entered my hood and took my emerald, I pity you fool!” 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

While the more comical direction of the series has been dying since the end of Boom, I could see more avenues for Shadow in the more comedic setting we recently had;

* His frustration with technology being hard to work with. For example, his Gun could be fiddly to work with, so he gives up. 
* Him testing his own durability and getting hurt a lot.
* Trying to avoid Sonic to prevent legal trouble. 
* Threatening to call his “lawyer” when someone tries to get him involved.

• Chuckle 1

On 11/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, Miragnarok said:

While the more comical direction of the series has been dying since the end of Boom, I could see more avenues for Shadow in the more comedic setting we recently had;

* His frustration with technology being hard to work with. For example, his Gun could be fiddly to work with, so he gives up. 
* Him testing his own durability and getting hurt a lot.
* Trying to avoid Sonic to prevent legal trouble. 
* Threatening to call his “lawyer” when someone tries to get him involved.

None of these seem like what would happen to Shadow in my view. He’d never have problem with a gun, nor need a lawyer. He’s the ultimate lifeform: 

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Shadow is the perfect foil to Sonic. I can’t think of another protagonist in any work of fiction that has another character who so perfectly negates the main character. Sonic vs Shadow is even more iconic to me than Mario vs Bowser.

When Sonic and Shadow first met in SA2, that was a great scene. The way they charged head on only for Shadow to give Sonic the slip and Sonic says, “Hey, he’s fast!” Their rivalry was a match made in heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2020 at 7:37 PM, KnuxDLX said:

Shadow is the perfect foil to Sonic. I can’t think of another protagonist in any work of fiction that has another character who so perfectly negates the main character. Sonic vs Shadow is even more iconic to me than Mario vs Bowser.

When Sonic and Shadow first met in SA2, that was a great scene. The way they charged head on only for Shadow to give Sonic the slip and Sonic says, “Hey, he’s fast!” Their rivalry was a match made in heaven.

I quite agree. Shadow is counterbalance to Sonic. Sonic rushes in, is carefree, and perpetually optimistic, while Shadow reasons what must be done, is calculated, and is pessimistic/ realist.  

• Nice Smile 1