Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Does anyone else like to get shinies?

Yuuhuuush!! =3

It's one of the awesome things to do at end-game for me.

How the fuck do you guys have the patience to collect enough shiny Pokemon to fill a box.

Well, I have nearly a full box filled up with them. I've managed catching like 7-8 shinies in the same chain, I just find it really exciting and all. Only reason why I have to give up (as good as) is because I run out of max repels.

I can't for the life of me manage to work out the chaining for shinies thing, and haven't seen one in Diamond yet,

It's often pretty much luck, but if you know the system really well, it shouldn't be *too* hard to work things out.

Uhm, hey... If you want, I could try chaining a shiny pokemon for you. You could PM me, and if you'd like one, I can't 100% promise that I'll manage catching one, but I can do my best one day. I can even try teaching you some ways of chaining, if you'd like. =3

These are my shinies (and some I want):

eveyshinycard.png

I have more than one of some species: Zigzagoon and Voltorb.

I haven't been able to get my chains up to 40 lately so I don't have lots of the same species, right now I'm trying to get a shiny Stunky.

I never managed to correctly chain shinies. All of mine were based on luck.

In Silver, I captured a pidgey which fully evolved. In Saphire, a wurmple that evolved into a silccoon, then into a beutifly. In Diamond I got a psyduck which haven't I really touched.

Everything else I happen to own was obtained in trades (most of which were Sav'd by friends).

And yus Platinum will be here in a few days. <3 Just hope I get my copy before I have to leave for a trip.

I've never had any luck with shinies. Put in nearly 140 hours in Diamond and haven't stumbled upon a single shiny. As soon as I get the Poke Radar I'm going to try and chain for a Trapinch and a Voltorb.

Evil Sonic, I gotta say, you have a beyond awesome shiny collection.

B-but don't you have like a 1 in a 10 trillion chance of ever encountering one!?

I certainly have never seen a single one in LeafGreen.

B-but don't you have like a 1 in a 10 trillion chance of ever encountering one!?

I think it's something like one in eighty-two hundred without chaining actually. I'm not sure about how the probabilities play out as you chain though, just that the likelihood increases.

Oh. Maybe if I'm feeling extremely masochistic, I'll try it one day. But I think I've had enough of rare random encounters and constant game resets thanks to Nippon Ichi RPGs, though.

Evil Sonic, I gotta say, you have a beyond awesome shiny collection.

Thank you, I work very hard to get them.

Yes, lucky people get lots.

I got three in LeafGreen my Umbreon, Raticate and Dodrio.

You actually have a 1 in 8,192 chance of seeing one.

Also even though I live in the UK I'll still have Platinum upon American release because I ordered a copy of it from canada on Ebay. If anyone wants a link to it I'd be more than happy to send it to you

Edited by Blaziken

I've only one shiny from a trade (Skarmory). Used to have one on Ruby (Whismer), but he's long gone. May try to get one more shiny, for funsies. I'm coming after you, Gligar!!!

I've only once managed to encounter a shiny. I KO'd it while I tried to damage it enough for catching.

Go me.

Can't be arsed to purposely search for them though, I don't see the fancy in them.

Ummm... I thought it was 1 by your ID number... I could be wrong...

I caught a shiny Natu which evolved but there was hardly a difference between the shiny and original. I got a yellow Exeggcute but I'm think of a good move set before evolving. And I caught a shiny Suppet which is now a really powerful Banette (which is my second strongest in Emerald thanks to Rayquaza...) and everything else I got in a trade. They might had been game sharked but oh well... I lurve my shiny Charizard...

A few gripes about the newer games would be the fact that the Pokemon pool before you beat the Elite 4 is so incredibly small. I swear there is just no diverse sets in most places. It's just the same Pokemon you found at X but only at higher levels near Y. Then when yo beat the game its like " OH LOL HAY GAIS LEVEL 2 DODUOs ARE LIEK EVERYWHERE NOW K?"

This. Just. This.

I struggle every time in Pearl to build a team, as you don't get much until like gym 7, and by then it's too late to evel grind, or you don't want to. I've heard Platinum is changing this though, so it should be good good, as Pearl is otherwise a lot of fun.

I've only once managed to encounter a shiny. I KO'd it while I tried to damage it enough for catching.

Go me.

Can't be arsed to purposely search for them though, I don't see the fancy in them.

Doesn't beat the first time I encountered a shiny. I encountered a shiny (golden) Geodude. I was like, no way, this is way too good to be true!

Then I wanted to catch it, but it used selfdestruct and KO'd my own pokemon. I was like, quite frustrated, "NO WAY!!" but after that, I couldn't stop laughing. xD

Shiny pokemon are a bugger to catch, and so far I think I've caught one (a Ralts, which I intend to train at some point) but I also have a Shiny Skarymore, Starmie and Taurus (which someone gave me on GTS which was odd).

How I would like to have a whole Shiny team, but I can nay be arsed to do it. Still trying to get me pokedex filled. Something like 15 to go.

I've only ever run into 3 shinies without soft reseting/chaining and those are a shiny wingull, camerupt and a bibarel. I caught all of them except for the Bibarel which fled because it was in the safari zone.

While I'm talking about the safari zone I once threw 26 pieces of mud at a Marill before it decided to flee :lol:

I have no patience for shinies to be honest. I think it is great people have the time to do it and the patience of a saint but I am way too impatient to collect shinies. Plus some of the pokemon look REALLY weird when they are shiny.

Plus some of the pokemon look REALLY weird when they are shiny.

As much as I like shinies this is true. An example this is Kyogre. Why is it pink?!

imo the worst shiny is Dewgong. I'd be pissed if that were the only shiny I happened to find.

Spr_4d_087_s.png

Spr_4d_087.png

There's barely any difference other than the shiny being slightly lighter. At least make the color stand out more than the normal version.

Edited by gunthetra

Actually looking at Dewgongs shiny I now agree with Gunthera that that is the worst shiny, Kyogre comes at a close second though. Piplups shiny sucks as well because its just Piplup but with a slightly lighter shade of blue

I kinda like the silliness of pink on shiny Kyogre. Rayquaza has a really cool shiny though.

Spr_4d_384.png

Spr_4d_384_s.png

I really don't like Suicune's shiny, it just changes the mane to blue and makes such a minor change to the rest of the colors it's almost unnoticeable.

Spr_4d_245.png

Spr_4d_245_s.png

Speaking of Suicune, it's Gen 3 sprites were much nicer than Gen 4.

I kinda like the silliness of pink on shiny Kyogre. Rayquaza has a really cool shiny though.

Spr_4d_384.png

Spr_4d_384_s.png

Yeah, I always did think Rayquaza had the best looking shiny form.

I really don't like Suicune's shiny, it just changes the mane to blue and makes such a minor change to the rest of the colors it's almost unnoticeable.

Spr_4d_245.png

Spr_4d_245_s.png

Wow, that REALLY sucks. Imagine all the soft resetting someone would do at a Suicune event and when they finally get one they find out it sucks. Damn

I finally got my shiny Stunky!

But it's male and it was on a 20 chain (it broke on 24) I'm going to keep on going until I get to 40 and get a female one for my team.

I finally got my shiny Stunky!

But it's male and it was on a 20 chain (it broke on 24) I'm going to keep on going until I get to 40 and get a female one for my team.

Ah. How come you were specifically after a female one? Is it because all of your team is female, for breeding purposes or just personal preference?

Ah. How come you were specifically after a female one? Is it because all of your team is female, for breeding purposes or just personal preference?

I just want a female one, my team isn't all female but it's mostly female only one Pokemon is male (my shiny Umbreon).