Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

I like shiny gyrados. Red suits him. Some of the other shinies are pointless though.

Garchomp's shiny is pointless. It's barely any change.

I just want a female one, my team isn't all female but it's mostly female only one Pokemon is male (my shiny Umbreon).

Oh, ok. What level did you get it at?

I like shiny gyrados. Red suits him. Some of the other shinies are pointless though.

Yeah, thats another good shiny.

Also has anyone else noticed that in the beggining of the D/P story (I dont know if its the same with Platinum) it mentions someone trying to catch a red Gyarados and the 2 rainers go to the lake to catch it, why is it that its never mentioned again?

I noticed that too Blaziken and it often made me wonder why the heck the red Gyarados is not mentioned again after that.

Yeah, its kind of stupid that they forgot about the reason that the story of the game begins in the fist place. To be honest I would've preffered it if they used that as a part of the plot because at least that way it would break away from the generic plotline all the Pokemon RPGs have had so far

Oh, ok. What level did you get it at?

It's level 14, I was pretty lucky to see the shiny patch since it was the grass in front/behind me that is almost impossible to see or be sure that it was a shiny. But I saw it's shine and it was different from the other patches that shined.

It's level 14, I was pretty lucky to see the shiny patch since it was the grass in front/behind me that is almost impossible to see or be sure that it was a shiny. But I saw it's shine and it was different from the other patches that shined.

Wow, thats really lucky. Also which Pokemon do you actually use on your team? I'm guessing that theyre all shiny

Wow, thats really lucky. Also which Pokemon do you actually use on your team? I'm guessing that theyre all shiny

Nah, only one is shiny so far. I can't get a full shiny team since I do not want to get rid of all of my non shiny Pokemon.

My team:

Scratchers (male shiny Umbreon)

Martha (female Slowbro)

Jade (female Vaporeon, named after me)

Jenni (female Dewgong)

[space reserved for shiny female Skuntank named Magenta]

EDIT: I just ran into another shiny Stunky on a chain of 12 on a non-shiny patch! I almost killed it without noticing! But too bad it's male again.

Edited by Evil Sonic

Nah, only one is shiny so far. I can't get a full shiny team since I do not want to get rid of all of my non shiny Pokemon.

My team:

Scratchers (male shiny Umbreon)

Martha (female Slowbro)

Jade (female Vaporeon, named after me)

Jenni (female Dewgong)

[space reserved for shiny female Skuntank named Magenta]

EDIT: I just ran into another shiny Stunky on a chain of 12 on a non-shiny patch! I almost killed it without noticing! But too bad it's male again.

Damn. The thing is you have just as much of a chance of running into a male one as you do of running into a female one and yet youre getting all males. I guess youre just having bad luck.

Shiny Skarymore, Starmie and Taurus (which someone gave me on GTS which was odd)

Umm... you mean Skarmory? >.>

Some of my favorite shiny Pokémon are Gyarados, Cresselia, and Charizard. Salamence and Dragonite have awesome shinies, too.

Umm... you mean Skarmory? >.>

Heck do I know, I have a hard enough time spelling in English let alone gibberish.

After I've completed my collection (minus the two final legendary event ones) I'll be looking at building a decent team. I've got two planned, one entire Eevee evolution one, and one which is a remake of my old Gold team, Blastoise, Typhlosion, Raichu (aka my Red/Yellow/Gold starters) Diglett, Pidgeot, and since Mewtwo is frowned upon nowadays, probably train up that Ralts.

Anyone else been going to the Toys R Us legendary giveaway events? They've done a lot lately. I got two Shaymin a while back and two Regigigas from the latest event. The Regigigas event is still going on until March 21st, by the way.

Also has anyone else noticed that in the beggining of the D/P story (I dont know if its the same with Platinum) it mentions someone trying to catch a red Gyarados and the 2 rainers go to the lake to catch it, why is it that its never mentioned again?

Gen 2 and Gen 4 take place at the same time I believe so that was actually a report about the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage and the player and his rival set off to see if they can find any shiny Pokemon like Lake of Rage's Gyarados at the lake near their town.

Edited by Cipher

About the report of the shiny pokemon in the very start of the game, I liked how it stayed like that. Shinies are supposed to be rare. I guess I see that as a subtle hint of them being in the game. Then much later, you get the poke radar, which you mainly use for finding even more rare kinds of pokemon, but it also appears that you can use it for that other lil' aspect of the game. Lucas/Dawn tells you later that the Poke Radar sometimes can pick up and display sparkling patches of grass, which lead to shiny pokemon. It's not too subtle, neither is it that obvious, especially with the constant chance of encountering a shiny, even if really low, I already encountered two this way. That's how I prefer it, at least. Of course, I probably would not mind having it a different way, but I am also content with how it is. ^.^

Heck do I know, I have a hard enough time spelling in English let alone gibberish.

After I've completed my collection (minus the two final legendary event ones) I'll be looking at building a decent team. I've got two planned, one entire Eevee evolution one, and one which is a remake of my old Gold team, Blastoise, Typhlosion, Raichu (aka my Red/Yellow/Gold starters) Diglett, Pidgeot, and since Mewtwo is frowned upon nowadays, probably train up that Ralts.

Is this a competetive team? If so then you could'nt use Mewtwo but if its just an in-game team/non-competetive battling team then you should be fine with Mewtwo

About the report of the shiny pokemon in the very start of the game, I liked how it stayed like that. Shinies are supposed to be rare. I guess I see that as a subtle hint of them being in the game. Then much later, you get the poke radar, which you mainly use for finding even more rare kinds of pokemon, but it also appears that you can use it for that other lil' aspect of the game. Lucas/Dawn tells you later that the Poke Radar sometimes can pick up and display sparkling patches of grass, which lead to shiny pokemon. It's not too subtle, neither is it that obvious, especially with the constant chance of encountering a shiny, even if really low, I already encountered two this way. That's how I prefer it, at least. Of course, I probably would not mind having it a different way, but I am also content with how it is. ^.^

When you put it that way it does make them feel rarer but it would be good for there to be a case of if you find a shiny Gyarados at least something could happen.

Is this a competetive team? If so then you could'nt use Mewtwo but if its just an in-game team/non-competetive battling team then you should be fine with Mewtwo

It's not a competative team, but you try battling anyone over WiFi and they throw a hissy fit.

It's not a competative team, but you try battling anyone over WiFi and they throw a hissy fit.

You do have a point. Another good psycic type alternative to Gardevoir is Espeon if you cant be bothered to raise the Ralts.

But I still beat your Giratina when you had it without using any Legendries, except with Regice sometimes.

Aww yeah. Just got myself a TRU Regigigas.

Cool, where did you get it from? Also what level is it?

Cool, where did you get it from? Also what level is it?

TRU = Toys R Us

It's level 100. It's a special one that'll let you capture the rest of the golems in platinum.

Like someone mentioned before, Pokemon has suddenly gained popularity at my school again. A few months ago someone brought it Yellow and the games were immediately a hit, and then people were bringing in all kinds and battling. That died down though. However, I brought it to trade with a friend of mine who had an extra Shaymin (TRU) and to evolve my Rhydon, and when someone else saw it, they brought their DS, and the chain continued until now, when there are battles just about every day. Unfortunately because I started the trend, people think I'm some kind of walking Pokedex and keep asking for advice XD

With shinies I've only managed to find a shiny Tentacool in Sapphire and a shiny Wheezing in Diamond. I don't have the Tentacool anymore because I traded it for an Electevire I needed for my team. I've also got a shiny Metagross I got from Gunther that I use for my team. I never have managed to use the Poke Radar for shiny hunting though. I've tried but I just suck at it I guess :/ I'd like it if they had something similar to the Lake of Rage's Gyrados again, because a shiny pokemon you're guaranteed to see is pretty cool. Honestly, I'd take that over a thousand legendaries like DPPt had.

Speaking of Platinum, not much time left for that! I'm exited to get to work on my Pokedex. In Diamond I hacked it to be complete, so it's impossible to actually keep track now. I'm also going to dig up Emerald and go through that to complete its Pokedex to simplify the National Pokedex in Platinum. Already have Kanto's filled which is good. And the only (legit) difficult-to-obtain pokemon I don't have at the moment are Chikorita, Ho-Oh, Treecko, Deoxys, Turtwig, Chimchar and Darkrai. Treecko and Chikorita (after I finish the Pokedex) I'll get from Emerald, the Sinnoh starters I'll get in Platinum and trade to Diamond, and I can get a Deoxys and Darkrai from my friend. But Ho-Oh will be a tough one, because I'm trying to do this without hacking XP It's going to be a lot of fun, though, I loved completing Kanto's Dex!

Is it even possible to get shinies in LeafGreen? I know it's in Ruby and Emerald, and though I've beaten all those games I have yet to see a shiny.

I know the odds are really, really low, but I have never seen a shiny in any of the games, mine or my friends', that was obtained legitimately.

You're right, people complain about the 20 or so (out of.... 493? Something? Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to pick out of about 470 instead) purposefully overpowered Pokemon that have no place in 6v6 team battles.

Is it even possible to get shinies in LeafGreen? I know it's in Ruby and Emerald, and though I've beaten all those games I have yet to see a shiny.

I know the odds are really, really low, but I have never seen a shiny in any of the games, mine or my friends', that was obtained legitimately.

Ruby and Emerald are on the GBA along with the Leaf Green, yush? Then it should be, as it would be like asking if you can catch shinies in Pearl, as you can in Diamond.

The shiny chance is so rare though that many won't ever see a shiny this way, no matter how many years they play the game. I had encountered two shinies this way though, after only six months. I am sometimes lucky like that. ^_^

Unfortunately because I started the trend, people think I'm some kind of walking Pokedex and keep asking for advice XD

I know how this feels. My friends little brothers always ask me when ______ learns _______ and where they can get ______.

You can. Like in the other games you have a 1/8,192 chance.

You're right, people complain about the 20 or so (out of.... 493? Something? Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to pick out of about 470 instead) purposefully overpowered Pokemon that have no place in 6v6 team battles.

You forgot the 2 unintentionally over powered ones as well (Wobuffet and Garchomp)