Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

They aren't the worst fakes I've ever seen, but they lack something.  The cave bear has a nice concept but falls into the same trap as a lot of fakemon of basically being a generic little goblin.  The pony is a little too cartoony, and the forelegs are awkward; could work with a few more drafts.  Something about the eye proportions on the coral creature read wrong, too, and the colour scheme is a bit muted; I could maybe believe it if they'd tried to pass it off as something other than a starter.

Also, as has been noted, it's absurdly early for anything to be leaking.  Absolutely unbelievable.  But more broadly, there's nothing here that anyone couldn't have made up, so even in the absence of existing contradictions, there'd be no reason to believe it.

Fakemon just never do it for me honestly. I know not every Pokémon design is a winner, but I can't think of the last time I saw a fakemon and thought "wow this looks really good/legit, I wish it were real"

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SaberX said:

Character? UBs and Tapus are pokemons.

Yes, Pokemon are characters

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Fakemon just never do it for me honestly. I know not every Pokémon design is a winner, but I can't think of the last time I saw a fakemon and thought "wow this looks really good/legit, I wish it were real"

I always thought about this and I figured it';s because we know it's a fakemon, we have some cognitive dissonance with actual real Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Boy if these are real I’m all for a Grass/Electric starter. But how many of you are willing to bet the fandom will treat the pony the same way they initially treated Oshawott and Poplio?

(There is a dA artist claiming it's theirs: https://marix20.deviantart.com/art/Fake-Fire-Starter-728585421)

I hate how the Japanese looks like they threw words in google translate. Personally, the pony looks the most "modern pokemon-y" out of the three (it still feels lacking). The bear looks like a generic "guess from silhouette" fakemon, and the water thing just...no.

Just for reference, here are some of the official ones. Notes:

• The words are handwritten
  • They use CORRECT JAPANESE
  • There are more artwork, from various angles and actions
  • The names are not written/revealed (the presumed artist say "unnamed"  but there are words that looks like names)
  • The design/art style. 

Litten_Concept_art.jpg

Popplio_Concept_art.jpg

This is one from the previous gen. The name is typed on the bottom, but this is because it was officially released (not confidential).

BjykTTmCYAACEWG.thumb.png.e961bbb8837d083863aa3fc6a9a17282.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Also a note we won't be seeing anything of Gen 8 until the very end of 2018. GameFreak are still promoting USUM, Gen 7 still has another movie coming, and Zeraora hasn't been officially revealed yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 04/02/2018 at 1:18 AM, Red said:

Also a note we won't be seeing anything of Gen 8 until the very end of 2018. GameFreak are still promoting USUM, Gen 7 still has another movie coming, and Zeraora hasn't been officially revealed yet.

Gen VII was announced when GF were still focusing on Gen VI: Volcanion had only recently been revealed and was still waiting to be distributed.

For all we know Zeraora could end up being revealed tomorrow with a Gen VIII announcement coming a month or two later