Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

That card was like crack growing up, if you had that card, you were officially the king of elementary school.

Hey if they do make Ruby/Sapphire remakes you think they'll do it the way Black & White did and restrict you only to Pokemon native to that region?

Being a remake you will only find the Pokémon that where in the original game, after beating the game I am pretty sure you can trade Pokémon from B&W to there just like HeartGold/SoulSilver could trade with D&P&Platinum.

and something special for Pokemon's anime 15th anniversary showing a poster with famous Pokémon from the anime Trainers over this years with Squirtle, Togepi, Psyduck, Piplup, Geodude, etc.

If this means another TV-movie Special similar to Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon, then oh my god yes. <33333

Call it Pokeomn Generations for the lol.

Edited by Icy Wind

Being a remake you will only find the Pokémon that where in the original game, after beating the game I am pretty sure you can trade Pokémon from B&W to there just like HeartGold/SoulSilver could trade with D&P&Platinum.

Eh, I'm kind of sick of seeing Geodude and Zubats, and seeing how doing that was pretty well received in Black and White, I figured they'd do it here, I mean 3rd Gen has the most amount of Pokemon introduced before 5th gen.

Eh, I'm kind of sick of seeing Geodude and Zubats, and seeing how doing that was pretty well received in Black and White, I figured they'd do it here, I mean 3rd Gen has the most amount of Pokemon introduced before 5th gen.

I really hope they do that myself.

i agree sometimes i realy want to grab a shotgun and nuke all those zubats and geodudes

A really interesting, bizzare (and probably offensive to a damn good amount of people) turn of events would be to remove Zubat, Geodude, Tentacool, and possibly Magikarp, as they're the most annoyingly common, and replace them with their Gen V counterparts. Imagine stepping into Granite Cave and bumping into a Woobat or being plagued by Jellicent during the last fifth of the game.

Of course I would be surprised like nothing else if it actually happened, but it would be sort of cool in all honesty.

A really interesting, bizzare (and probably offensive to a damn good amount of people) turn of events would be to remove Zubat, Geodude, Tentacool, and possibly Magikarp, as they're the most annoyingly common, and replace them with their Gen V counterparts. Imagine stepping into Granite Cave and bumping into a Woobat or being plagued by Jellicent during the last fifth of the game.

Of course I would be surprised like nothing else if it actually happened, but it would be sort of cool in all honesty.

I'd probably laugh at the irony. Nah I think that'd do more damage than if they just went with 3rd Gen.

epic win

epic win

Dude, not only is this post spam, but your grammar is quite bad. Make the effort to use proper capitalization and punctuation in your posts, because they're really unreadable.

You can capitalize the first words of your sentences and put periods at the end, correct? Then do so, please. Familiarity with the English language isn't needed for basic typing ability.

Rayquaza won the Japanese 15th Anniversary Pokemon poll, in which fans were to vote on their favorite version mascot, and as such will be distributed across store outlets in February.

This Rayquaza comes packing with the move V-Create. A Base 180 attack coming off a 150 Base Attack stat should be a sight to see in the metagame.

Of interesting note, aside from Reshiram, the Top 5 Pokemon in the poll were mascots of the third versions of games in a particular generation in the USA (Pikachu was in the top 5, and he's technically the mascot of the 4th game in Gen I). The least popular Pokemon were the mascots of Pokemon Green and Blue in Japan, Venusaur and Blastoise.

EDIT:

Poll Results: http://www.pokemon.c...1/result_final/

1) Rayquaza - Pokemon Emerald

2) Pikachu - Pokemon Yellow

3) Reshiram - Pokemon Black

4) Giratina - Pokemon Platinum

5) Suicune - Pokemon Crystal

6) Groudon - Pokemon Ruby

7) Charizard - Pokemon Red

8) Zekrom - Pokemon White

9) Kyogre - Pokemon Sapphire

10) Lugia - Pokemon Silver

11) Dialga - Pokemon Diamond

12) Ho-oh - Pokemon Gold

13) Palkia - Pokemon Pearl

14) Blastoise - Pokemon Blue

15) Venusaur - Pokemon Green

Edited by Icy Wind

I think that in Japan Pokemon probably never really "cooled down" after the first 2 gens, like here in the west, and that they treat all 600+ Pokemon as equals, and none of this "The only good pokermanz were the first 151" thing that we've got going on over here.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't care that much about Charizard, but Dialga and Palkia aren't allowed to rank above anything.

I would've loved to see Venusaur win, just so the monster to get the ridiculously strong super move could be the obese tropical dinosaur that looks like it's constantly in pain. ...actually, the move is called V-Create...

I think that in Japan Pokemon probably never really "cooled down" after the first 2 gens, like here in the west, and that they treat all 600+ Pokemon as equals, and none of this "The only good pokermanz were the first 151" thing that we've got going on over here.

THIS!!!! And I'm also glad Rayquaza got the top spot. He's always been my favorite. And the fact emerald was my first pokemon game helps.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

With the return of theLegendary Pokémon Mewtwoto two aspects of the franchise, the official Pokémon site has set up a minisite to celebrate the Pokémon.

The site advertises the upcoming TCG expansion Next Destinies, the Mewtwo-EX card available in the expansion, and theExplosive Edge Theme Deck. To further celebrate Mewtwo in the TCG, a Mewtwo shirt for Pokémon Trading Card Game Online avatars is available from Jan. 23 to March 1. The code for this can be obtained by playing Pokémon Trainer Club Spin and can be redeemed on the site for the game itself. On the other hand, the Pokémon TCG: Mewtwo Collection, which includes a Mewtwo figure, an oversized Mewtwo-EX card, a special Stadium card with art featuring Mewtwo and Kyurem, three Next Destinies booster packs, and a Pokémon Trading Card Game Online code card, will go on sale this April in participating Walmart stores.

Much like the Japanese distribution of Mewtwo last year under Pokémon Smash!, a Wi-Fi distribution will be available starting Feb. 12. The level 70 Mewtwo of a random nature will be in a Cherish Ball and will hold a King's Rock and a Premiere Ribbon. It will know the moves Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere and Electro Ball, the last of which is exclusive to the event. The Japanese distribution of this Pokémon was to commemorate the Japanese release of Pokémon Black and White.

Besides TCG- and game-related information, the site also has downloadable wallpapers related to both aspects of the franchise. The special episode The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon can also be streamed on the site. Anyone from around the world can view it since there are no region restrictions. Also worth nothing is a timeline to represent the history of Mewtwo in the franchise, including three cards of it in the TCG, its appearances in Pokémon Red and Blue, Pokémon Stadium, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver and Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, and its starring roles in Pokémon: The First Movie and The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon.

Edited by Icy Wind

Seeing this thread back just reminded me of a pet peeve I've had with Pokemon for several generations now, and it's a fair bet that other people feel the same way: HMs. I really don't have any problem with having to be kitted out with them and using them to access new areas... but do they have to be so unvaried? Most of the ones you use all the time are dull Normal-type attacks, with the exception of a glut of Water-types. But there's really no reason why you couldn't apply a Flash-type effect to a Fire or Electric move, or take some inspiration from games like Golden Sun for HMs for other types (Grow would directly translate - a Grass move that creates a vine you can climb up). I assume that the reason there are so many Normal-type HMs is because they're trying to give inexpert players solid moves that most enemies won't resist, but wouldn't it be better to encourage those players to have a diverse pool of move types?

Actually, now that I think about it, I was also really peeved that there seemed to be a strangely limited set of Pokemon that could learn certain HMs in Black/White, but that should be fixed by default in a new generation. A deeper HM rethink can't be guaranteed, but is necessary; there's also the blurring between HMs and the various TMs that you can use outside battle... I really hope they sort this out but have zero faith that they will do so.

Taking inspiration from Golden Sun sounds like a great way to change up all the HMs. I mean, why have Cut, when you can burn down a tree instead? Or knock it over with a strong wind?

Another way I've heard of to deal with the HM crisis is to simply have them occupy a seperate, non-combat slot. That way, you wouldn't need an HM slave in your party, or have to sacrifice moves for later all the time.

It will always be in the box of our hearts.

Yep. Or the PC box!

Edited by Swift