Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Two New Commercials for Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition were released

don't have any Crappy Teen Rock band singing, but hey, More new Footage is also Nice

Well, it's um, Pokemon related so I'll just leave this here....I guess...

*video*

That was bad and you should feel bad for posting it.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

Yep! Have almost all of them, actually. (Save for "Charizard!" and "Hang Ten, Pikachu") I also have all of the Johto Journeys VHSs. (Which is favorable, because they haven't released a complete DVD set of that season.)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Pokémon Grey to be announced this week?

Well it seems to be transforming in this teaser of the new movie realesed recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnpeqjDVVP8&feature=player_embedded

It probably used Ice Beam or Glaciate ;)

But yeah, I've got a feeling that a new Kyurem forme will be revealed in this film. Why is Kyurem in this film? It hasn't got beef with the Musketeer's in the games. I just have an inkling going by the Giratina and the Sky Warrior film (That contained Giratina's Origin forme and Shaymin's Sky forme) that was released near Platinum's release that this film will be like a tie in to the 3rd version to Black and White.

It probably used Ice Beam or Glaciate wink.png

But yeah, I've got a feeling that a new Kyurem forme will be revealed in this film. Why is Kyurem in this film? It hasn't got beef with the Musketeer's in the games. I just have an inkling going by the Giratina and the Sky Warrior film (That contained Giratina's Origin forme and Shaymin's Sky forme) that was released near Platinum's release that this film will be like a tie in to the 3rd version to Black and White.

Now that I look carefully, yeah it looks like Ice Beam.

But with no shadow of doubt is new form will be revealed for this movie.

I expect the other two of Kyurem's signature moves - Freeze Shock and Ice Burn - to be featured in the movie in some way along with the suspected new forme, since those two moves cannot be legally obtained as of yet. The attack is most likely Ice Beam, but damn would it be cool to see those two moves in action. Electrically charged ice, and ice so cold it's instant frostbite? Hell yeah.

Ice type Pokemon are my favorite, so I'm pumped for the Kyurem movie, definitely.

Edited by Professor Westwood V

Ice type Pokemon are my favorite, so I'm pumped for the Kyurem movie, definitely.

Ironically they're the worst type in the game compared to the others.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would be grass-types.

Ice types are good against Dragon/Ground/Grass/Flying types and weak against Fight/Fire/Rock/Steel types while Grass types are good against Ground/Rock/Water types and weak against Bug/Fire/Flying/Ice/Poison types.

Fully aware of that. But hey, I like low tier. Much more interesting than using Steel types and Ground types.

Ice types are good against Dragon/Ground/Grass/Flying types and weak against Fight/Fire/Rock/Steel types while Grass types are good against Ground/Rock/Water types and weak against Bug/Fire/Flying/Ice/Poison types.

He means defensively, they are the worst. Ice types carries no resistance to any type other than itself, which makes them easier to switch into than others. Grass carries a very useful resistance to Ground and Water attacks, and the various Poison-dual type Grass Pokemon carry a Fighting resistance and removes the Poison weakness, which means they can switch in more readily than others.

Edited by Professor Westwood V

Good news for European Fans:

250px-Nobunaga_TBC.png

That picture, plus English subtitles being available for the Nintendo Direct stream of this video, does give hint to a possible EU localization of the Nobunaga's Ambition crossover.

No news on a possible North America release, however.

yeah, and they also resist Ground/Grass/Electric/Water while Ice only resists itself.

So if we look at statistics:

Grass:

4 resistances, 5 weaknesses

Ice:

1 resistance, 4 weaknesses

Yeah, Ice is looking pretty shitty right now.

Edited by Shadic Claus
  • Thumbs Up 1

What do we actually know about this upcoming "announcement"? Are we quite sure that we're not getting overexcited over something that may in fact be minor in the extreme?

Well we've already ruled out a new Pokepark and a random crossover so there's really only one other possible game announcement left.

BATTLE REVOLUTION 2!

Trailer for the 15th movie. Black and White Kyurem seem to be formes rather than new Pokemon now.

Kyurem and his forms also look great when they're animated. Kyurem looks like he's out for blood in all of its forms, especially in that moment where it's actually running in that cave.

The official movie site detailed Kyurem:

Kyurem: The strongest Dragon-type Pokemon, its power is on par with Reshiram and Zekrom. Carrying the strongest heredity, it was born at the same time as Zekrom and Reshiram. It can change into Black and White Kyurem. Extreme cold radiates from its body.

Apparently, it's the leader of the trio.

I'm getting excited for this movie. Kyurem is one of my favorite legendary Pokemon, so to see it having a crucial role - even an antagonistic one - is great.

oh, and the swordsmen pokemon look great too.