Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Wait... I just read the news about Team Rocket leaving.

NO. The series will not be the same without them. They built an identity that all Pokemon fans will remember and I will be extremely saddened if I never hear the Team Rocket theme song or them blasting off again.

How much you want to bet that they will be replaced with something stupid? Team Rocket works, and the cast is memorable. It is like saying "NO MORE ASH AND PIKACHU!" the next season. Why not reboot the series with a new character instead of tearing it apart slowly? Ash and Jesse/James have to be together. The show will not feel like a whole with them gone.

It's like Sonic without Chris Thorndyke Dr. Eggman. Or Mario without Bowser.

Edited by Autosaver

I'd actually prefer it if they ditched Ash and Pikachu. To me, they've more than outstayed their welcome, and I'd rather they finally have Ash win a league/take on the E4 and end his story than have him constantly lose, etc.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think what they should do is start fresh. Ditch the formulas of the current anime and do arcs based on each generation as they come out. Also, ditch the obnoxious namespeak and go the route of the B&W2 anime trailers and just have the Pokémon make animal noises.

Edited by Mega

So has anyone heard of Pokemon Reorchestrated?

19973_tumblrheader.png

http://pokemonsymphony.com/

Pokemon Reorchestrated kicked off around 2010 or so, and was relatively quiet for a few years, with an occasional remix here and there from each Pokemon generation.

But now P. Reorch.'s got an album coming out.

tumblr_majj2s79N51qls4jro1_500.png

I'm so freaking psyched for this to come out, especially if it's going to have mastered up versions of this and this up for listening. Hurry up October.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really hoping that this season will be the last we'll see of Ash and Pikachu. I've long since gotten tired of them.

I'm really hoping that this season will be the last we'll see of Ash and Pikachu. I've long since gotten tired of them.

I don't. I like them since I was a kid, the Pokémon anime was a way bigger part of my childhood than the games.

It's more of a case of Ash's character going virtually nowhere for a long time, he's so flat now that he's more of a plot device to keep the series going than an actual character.

It's more of a case of Ash's character going virtually nowhere for a long time, he's so flat now that he's more of a plot device to keep the series going than an actual character.

Well, he develops/matures well every region until the league, then after being forced to lose by the developers (the Sinnoh league final battle was one of the worst things done in the anime) he starts as a novice trainer once again in another new region.

Edited by Tmsp

Well, he develops/matures well every region until the league, then after being forced to lose by the developers (the Sinnoh league final battle was one of the worst things done in the anime) he starts as a novice trainer once again in another new region.

So the fact that he's become so formulaic doesn't bother you in the slightest?

So the fact that he's become so formulaic doesn't bother you in the slightest?

No, I usually don't care about the characters development.

Now Pokémon development and the battles are for sure one of the reasons I watch it.

My problem with the anime battles is that they often have ridiculous logic like aiming for the Rhydon's horn and the way Ash often sics Pokémon at obvious type disadvantages or, one of my favorite examples, the way he didn't use his Infernape in the Zoroark movie when the villain had two Scizors. And Infernape was in his roster, too!

I guess it's just my bias for fully evolved Pokémon talking, but I hate the anime's aversion to letting the cutesy first stages reach their full potential. They also seem to forgo strategy for friendship in a lot of cases, which isn't always bad, but it can get a little ridiculous.

If nothing else, I'd prefer an approach like Special, where the previous protag doesn't disappear for good, but new protags take the spotlight each generation.

• Thumbs Up 2

No, I usually don't care about the characters development.

Now Pokémon development and the battles are for sure one of the reasons I watch it.

....Well considering Ash is the one we're meant to be following, I have a major problem with it, especially since the Special manga actually allows the characters to grow, and their Pokemon to evolve and actual strategy is involved instead of just plot convenience.

• 2 weeks later...

So the TR arc is over.

- Giovanni becomes corrupt with power. He says that TR doesn't need Meloetta anymore, and that he will destroy Unova, instead of conquering it.

- TRio is stunned by this, and tries to snap Giovanni out of it. They do so by knocking him down a cliff.

- A Therian Thundurus-powered Pikachu breaks Giovanni's contraptions with an Electro Ball.

- Giovanni, TRio, and Prof. Zager escape from the Undersea Temple before authorities arrive, and head back to Kanto.

- Giovanni is convinced of the same thing the TRio believed back in the second episode - that Pikachu was indeed a special Pokemon.

So this arc may have set up foreshadowing for something in the future.

Aw damn, I thought this was gonna be Team Rockets last hurrah. Oh well, the least I can do is hope that Team Plasma will finally show up. I want to see Ghetsis already!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Outside of just straight-up announcing 6th Gen, I really can't see it being anything else but Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Which I welcome with open arms as I need an excuse to give that Gen another proper chance.

That or they come out of left field with a Wii U Pokemon title.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pfft, everyone knows what it's going to be: FireRed/LeafGreen remakes Mewtwo appearing in the animé the animé being canned in favour of a superior version Genesect being officially confirmed as evil ... Gen VI...

Outside of just straight-up announcing 6th Gen, I really can't see it being anything else but Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Which I welcome with open arms as I need an excuse to give that Gen another proper chance.

That or they come out of left field with a Wii U Pokemon title.

It's been almost two years since the 3DS was released. Add in the gap between announcement and release, and Gen. VI will be here at least two and a half years after. It's about time, if you ask me. Even Black and White 2 were pushing it as far as postmortem DS releases go, another pair of games would be ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll laugh if whatever it is is for the DS again because of the bigger userbase. 

I'll laugh if whatever it is is for the DS again because of the bigger userbase. 

And they will laugh even more when they make money like hell without the need to "update" the games for the 3DS.

All this, if they do anything like that.

Edited by Tmsp