Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Gen V as a whole was just boring to me, in terms of design philosophies and general feel and even the fucking weather channel metagame was one dimensional. It felt more like a stop gap before Gen VI honestly. I never understood everyone's hate boner for Gen IV, just because it gave some Pokemon, that arguably weren't very useful to begin with, an evolution? 

Gen IV also split the special attack and physical attack and made a lot of Pokemon far better as a result. 

I think if I had to rate the Generations, it'd 2>4>1>6>3>5.

Gen 2 gave us the largest overhauls, then Gen 4 did the same, Gen 1 is....Gen 1. Gen 6 had some good ideas, but could have done them better, and Gen 3 somewhat lessre.

Lucky I got all the Pokemon I wanted before the wifi went down! Got myself a Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, Deoxys and Rayquaza. 

So you can't locally trade from B/W to X and Y anymore?

The transfer method from Gen5 to 6 is the same as it's always been, PokéBank.

• 2 weeks later...

brb getting tickets to Philadelphia Unless they announce an Oklahoma concert.

pokemon-symphony-169.jpg

June 30, 2014

Pokémon Orchestral Concert Tour Announced!

Live concerts feature music and visuals from the Pokémon universe!

Enjoy a night at the symphony with Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions, a live orchestral concert going on tour this year. Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions will showcase memorable music from throughout the world of Pokémon, featuring all-new musical arrangements that will entertain not just Pokémon fans but all music lovers. Look forward to a wonderful symphonic experience that covers nearly 20 years of Pokémon entertainment around the world.

Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions will premiere in Washington, DC, on Friday, August 15, 2014. The 2014 Pokémon World Championships will also be held in the nation’s capital that weekend, August 16–17.

August 15 – Washington, DC

Warner Theater

Ticket Information

September 19 – Philadelphia, PA

Mann Center for the Performing Arts

Ticket Information

More dates, locations, and ticket information for the concert series will be announced soon!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-orchestral-concert-tour-announced/

Praying that a RBY Gym Battle arrangement, Emotion rearrangement, and a Pt/HGSS Frontier Brain arrangement are included in the program.

Serebii.net has confirmed legitimacy.

PokemonCenter.com will be back online on August 6th.

No need to go to general anime stores and special events to get Pokemon apparel and other goods anymore.

Between this, and the Symphonic Orchestra, it looks like The Pokemon Company is looking to increase brand awareness even further than usual. Wonder why.

Damn, I really wish the Pokemon Orchestra could come to London too. ;-; You'd think with Pokemon's enormous popularity they'd bring it over here straight away. Maybe next year..?

Also, Pokemon Art Academy came out recently! Anyone bought it? I was going to but I wanted to make sure it's any good and worth the moneys.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good I found the General:

So Something funny came up, the 90s pokemon shaming has returned

But before you laugh your asses off I need some help in finding the proof to this article.

The article on Christnews states the speech on the 8th, this was the only one thats posted:

Link

Anybody want to swallow their pride and watch this crap to find out the exact mark when he starts bitching about Pokemon?

Then if anyone here wants to, We need the segment in question removed from the speech and uploaded to youtube, it'll be easier to mock when were not giving his site hits.

• 1 month later...

So a new Pokemon game has been announced. And it's another Mystery Dungeon game!

The full title is "Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon" and is expected to release later this year. Seems to be another F2P game going by the "super" in the name.

Will probably skip on this. The Mystery Dungeon series went downhill after Gates to Infinity. Just didn't have the heart and soul of the DS games.

Source: Serebii

Both Shuffle and Rumble World came out the same day worldwide.

According to the site, Europe's getting it in Early 2016 while the US is getting it winter 2015.

If it was F2P, there wouldn't be such a gap, right?

Also, winter's a huge gap from May when Shuffle and Rumble World came out less than a month after their announcements.

So a new Pokemon game has been announced. And it's another Mystery Dungeon game!

The full title is "Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon" and is expected to release later this year. Seems to be another F2P game going by the "super" in the name.

Will probably skip on this. The Mystery Dungeon series went downhill after Gates to Infinity. Just didn't have the heart and soul of the DS games.

Source: Serebii

Yeah, I highly doubt it's F2P. And I think this game might be a return to form as the PR mentioned fighting alongside Legendaries and Mythical Pokemon, when GoI didn't let you recruit Legends.

• 1 month later...

Pretty big bump. CoroCoro was recently released, and it came with pictures from the newest Pokemon movie. That's not the important part, though. They also teased the next movie with screens from the teaser trailer at the end.

1.jpg

Now, it's pretty damn obvious that we're looking at one of or just THE new forme for Zygarde. It seems to have become some sort of Angel-like creature with big arms, claws, and wings. Pokemon Z (or X2/Y2) is getting pretty close to announcement, so this is pretty hype.

Edited by PSI Wind
  • Thumbs Up 1

Diamond on that teaser image's

Pretty big bump. CoroCoro was recently released, and it came with pictures from the newest Pokemon movie. That's not the important part, though. They also teased the next movie with screens from the teaser trailer at the end.

1.jpg

Now, it's pretty damn obvious that we're looking at one of or just THE new forme for Zygarde. It seems to have become some sort of Angel-like creature with big arms, claws, and wings. Pokemon Z (or X2/Y2) is getting pretty close to announcement, so this is pretty hype.

The diamond on that thing head in the teaser reminds me of Kyurem.

inb4 kyurem/zygarde fusion

I'm not sure how I feel about it being humanoid (from what we can see so far).  I normally disdain the "these new Pokemon look more like Digimon!" criticism, but I am dangerously close to getting that vibe here.  I hope it looks more alien when it's fully revealed; one thing I like about Zygarde is just how deeply strange it looks - and I think it is quite likely to be a Zygarde version, judging from the crests at the top of its head, and also from the logic of the series so far.  I wonder what those long forms descending from its arms are, though; they're not wings, they look more like tentacles or other legs or just hair-like ornamentation.

The next movie... would come out next July, right?  So wouldn't this new Mega/forme/whatever pre-empt its appearance in the games, seeing as we're unlikely to get a new game before then?  That seems unusual.

Maybe Zygarde is Stardust Dragon's long lost cousin?

The only hope I have for Zygarde's new form is the fact it can take on the two pokemon its supposed to defeat.

THAT's supposed to be Zygarde!?

Well....damn, can't wait to see it as well as the 20th Anniversary game as well.

And Zygarde's new forme (or Mega) is now a Digimon. Whoo.

Can't wait to see what it actually looks like next year.

Serebii is reporting that yet another new Pokemon was shown off in the full movie teaser!  We have a couple of sketches of it which quite frankly have to be seen to be believed.

newpokemon.jpgnewpokemon2.jpgnewpokemon3.jpg

Today in Japan, the latest Pokémon movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages, opened and within it, according to our envoy and close friend to the site, Gin who just saw the movie, there was something new appearing in it. She describes it as being bright green with one eye larger than the other. During the trailer for next years movie, its eye looked through the O of the word Pokémon and then it blobbed about. This was then followed by the large new Pokémon silhouette

revealed on July 12th

. Gin has kindly provided a few possible sketches of this Pokémon, but it is likely to differ greatly. It of course could still be an alternate form, a weird separated part of a new form of an existing Pokémon or something completely new, but it remains to be seen. We'll bring full details of this as and when it comes so keep checking back.

Edit @ 07:51: Gin kindly did another image to demonstrate how it appeared and further show what it may look like

It isn't Pokemon until a new Pokemon gets revealed via movie and all we get are vague blobby drawings until it's officially revealed.

This latest sketch of the new Pokething is apparently slightly more accurate, presumably as people were prepared for its appearance this time.

newpokemon4.jpg

The stomach is red, supposedly.

There's some speculation now that the next game could release in February 2016, the twentieth anniversary of Red and Green's release and therefore of the Pokemon franchise more generally.