Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

I'm glad I'm not the only one who initially thought of Kyrem when I saw the magazine pictures.  Since there's two other forms from Black 2 and White 2, I would lean on something else.  The shoulder does remind me of Regice.

Serebii is reporting that yet another new Pokemon was shown off in the full movie teaser!  We have a couple of sketches of it which quite frankly have to be seen to be believed.

Hidden Content

I was just joking with a friend that I need to work on Generation Six a few days ago.  I had been hoping for another year, or at least the Z version to come out first.

But will it have its Mega?

Mega Diancie is one of my favorite megas.

Nope, the Diancie will have no hold item from what I've read.

The method of getting the stone last time was transferring it from XY to ORAS and going to a Pokémon Center. I'd be surprised if you couldn't do the same here, minus the need for a transfer

On Masaaki Iwane's (an animator for the Pokemon anime) blog, somebody has sent a message to him about how she was excited for Serena's Eevee to appear and he replied : イーブイも人気の高いポケモンですね。そろそろ飛行タイプへの進化経路が欲しい所です

Roughly translated, it reads: "Eevee is a popular Pokémon. I want it to have a flying type evolution path soon!"

A bit of an odd tangent to go to, considering Sylveon would be the obvious pick, if only for X/Y hyping. Maybe Eevee will have a Flying type evolution in Gen VII.

Genius Pokéfans have "solved" the mystery of the new Pokemon.  Behold:

98532-generation-vi-future-gamefreak-log

Next up: How those steel beams really melted.

Here's a little theory I stumbled upon about why the Pokemon WANT to get captured.

Also, Shiny Rayquaza for you ORAS players.

Oh boy. Baby Zygarde = promotion for XY version 3

It's becoming increasingly hard to doubt at this point.  The latest: Greenblobmon (best fan nickname I've seen: "Zygote") is in the upcoming Mega Evolution Act IV anime special, the poster for which prominently features... Zygarde.  Said trailer confirms that there are multiple of the little things, and a clear look reveals that their red cores are, in fact, hexagonal, a prominent shape in Zygarde's design.

rAsjCo0.gif

I support the theory that they're some kind of fragment, aspect, or drone of Zygarde, perhaps analogous to Baby Kangaskhan; others suggest they're something like Phione, or perhaps the bees in Vespiquen's Attack/Defend/Heal Order.  I wonder if there's an as-yet-unrevealed blue-core version...  I really can't wait to get aboard the speculation train for the full game, whenever that should depart.

It's not even that. At the end of the trailer, all of the Zygotes (Calling them that) start huddling under a giant tree in the lab while glowing green. If Team Flare is indeed involved in the special, that's probably Xerneas' tree, which is based on the Yggdrasil Tree of Life. As we know, the Trio of Gen 6 is based on the Yggdrasil mythology, so there's absolutely no doubt that the Zygotes are related to Zygarde. They might just be an anime exclusive Pokemon though. 

It's not even that. At the end of the trailer, all of the Zygotes (Calling them that) start huddling under a giant tree in the lab while glowing green. If Team Flare is indeed involved in the special, that's probably Xerneas' tree, which is based on the Yggdrasil Tree of Life. As we know, the Trio of Gen 6 is based on the Yggdrasil mythology, so there's absolutely no doubt that the Zygotes are related to Zygarde. They might just be an anime exclusive Pokemon though. 

i really doubt that there will ever be just an anime exclusive pokemon.

After doing it with Black 1, I'm strongly considering deleting my saves to all my old Pokémon games, one at a time, and playing through them all over again - not before saving my teams, event Pokés, and other important stuff of course. It sucks that there's only one save file per cartridge because it's hardly fun for me to just finish everything in the game and let it sit there without being replayed for the rest of eternity unless I take action and sacrifice all of that effort, but at the same time there's a lot of appeal in starting fresh. After B1 I'm thinking of going back to Platinum, and then proceed through HeartGold, White 2, and then perhaps back to the GBA games if I still feel like it.

The only game I probably won't ever delete is X. I have nearly all the tools at my disposal to IV breed teams with ease and I have a completed National Dex in it so I'd be losing way too much valuable stuff if I started from the beginning. Thankfully, it's the story I would want to replay from the start the very least, and I'm crossing my fingers that the third version will improve it in some substantial fashion.

On a non-narrative level, I've been toying with an idea for a while now for a potential Kanto remake: As a nod to the town's colour-based names and particularly the different coloured screen-tints for each area in Yellow, then in a 3D remake each town could be themed around their particular colour.  So Cerulean City could have its buildings constructed from boards painted blue with lots of oceanic imagery, and Vermillion City might have lots of red-brick buildings.  Red stone on Cinnabar, maybe log cabins and fir trees in Viridian, you get the idea.  I really like the image of having these huge visual callbacks to the palette changes of Yellow in each town's colour running all the way through it in every part.

• Thumbs Up 3

As sick as I am of Kanto, I've always dreamed of seeing that region with a modernized flair to it. I think they should make sequels rather than a second set of remakes. Like imagine if the 20th anniversary project was Red 2 and Green 2, except it takes place twenty years after the original games (and thus way far ahead of everything else as well) and the region has changed even more drastically than how they appeared in GSC/HGSS. Well that probably wouldn't happen but it'd be cool if it were implied that the duration between gen1 and gen7 actually happens in real-time. I think Kanto needs a major overhaul because it doesn't really hold up to later ones, even to Johto's imo, like it has really boring design and set-pieces by today's standards, and FRLG exemplified just how dated they were since it wasn't even as interesting to explore as Hoenn.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kanto is definitely pretty bare bones compared to the later regions, so a modern update and adding additional set pieces would be welcomed. Maybe actually add the Sevii islands to explore too for a change :V

• Thumbs Up 1

As sick as I am of Kanto, I've always dreamed of seeing that region with a modernized flair to it. I think they should make sequels rather than a second set of remakes. Like imagine if the 20th anniversary project was Red 2 and Green 2, except it takes place twenty years after the original games (and thus way far ahead of everything else as well) and the region has changed even more drastically than how they appeared in GSC/HGSS. Well that probably wouldn't happen but it'd be cool if it were implied that the duration between gen1 and gen7 actually happens in real-time. I think Kanto needs a major overhaul because it doesn't really hold up to later ones, even to Johto's imo, like it has really boring design and set-pieces by today's standards, and FRLG exemplified just how dated they were since it wasn't even as interesting to explore as Hoenn.

This is exactly my dream Pokemon anniversary project, too, and I do hope something like this happens (maybe for the 25th, as the 20th looks like it could well be Z).  Honestly, the fuel for conventional remakes is running out pretty fast - much though I would snap up Sinnoh remakes in a heartbeat then frankly the idea of remaking those titles is ridiculous, they're far more recognisably modern than any previous game, and what, are they going to remake Kalos someday?  So they will need to have some kind of rethink on that aspect of the series, and for me a more drastic and ambitious revival of Kanto would justify a rerererevisit (GSC, FRLG, HGSS, ???); having the guts to make it a totally different and fresh experience that's barely a remake at all is the only way to get away with it.  I really think real-time sequels are going to become the best they can offer to entice us back, a qualitatively different experience - because while there are always going to be new fans who won't have replayed the originals, Iwata himself cited original Ruby/Sapphire purchasers as representing a significant chunk of the purchasing audience for ORAS.  Going forwards there will always be a lot of fans who've already consumed a couple of generations and you will need to show them something more original than just a remake of a remake, a franchise hungrily devouring its own tail.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hilariously I have been playing through Leaf Green and it is pretty straight forward. I was gonna trade over my pokemon for trade evolution but I ended up hacking a Blaziken in my team because Blaziken seemed a lot more fun, though I won't use it until I get around its level.

Looking back I'm starting to miss having ghost swords and mafia crows and dragon dinos. D:

I honestly can't imagine what Sinnoh remakes could bring to the table unless gen7 introduces as many game-changing new features as gen6 did, because Sinnoh already brought about one of the absolute biggest changes in the series: the physical/special split, and I don't think anything afterwards has come close to approaching how big of a deal that was back in the day. Plus, Platinum fixed most of DP's problems.

I'd still snatch them up of course, Sinnoh is one of my absolute favorite regions even if its own batch of Pokémon is probably my most hated in the series (there are gems in there, but I hated how a lot of them were convoluted evolutions and I realize I'm in the minority when I say I dislike the majority of the legendaries). But I think it's time for Game Freak to shake up the current remake trend and surprise us when gen7 comes along; they surprised us with sequels to B1W1 rather than a third version after all, but it's disappointing that ORAS were fairly straightforward updates compared to the very impressive HGSS.

• Thumbs Up 2

A slightly safer bet would be on a more developed ecological theme for Z, plot involvement for Eternal Flower Floette, other obvious things like that.

• Thumbs Up 1