[From Serebii]

Uh guys

GUYS

COrR-J6WgAADVeY.jpg

BIG OOOOOOOO IT'S SHOWTIME

Also...is...is that...

COrTGX5UAAAIyMj.png:large

MEGA FCKIN GRENINJA?! IT AIN'T MEGA FLYGON BUT SCREW IT I'LL TAKE IT

Unconfirmed if that is a Mega Evolution for Greninja, but since this is the anime it's assuming that Ash will eventually have this? I dunno, I don't follow the anime closely anymore. BulbaNewsNOW saying that its name is 'Satoshi Greninja' so it's probably not a Mega Evolution per-se, but it's saying it's definitely a form of some sort

Plus, Zygarde's forms seem to follow a path ala DBZ Cell's: the blob thingie is called Zygarde Core and acts as the central brain of the thing. Next is Blade Wol-I mean Zygarde 10% Forme, which focuses more on speed and it's the dog forme. Then it's the form we're accustomed to, which is its 50% Forme. Finally it's the 100% or Perfect Forme, the hulking titan thing. It still retains its Dragon/Ground typing though.

Edited by TCB
  • Thumbs Up 4

Was I the only one thinking Zygarde became Gurren Lagann/Gundam?

Sheese it may as well be a Transformer too since its now a robot dragon god thing.

A Transformer, Gundam, Gurren Lagann, some dark-lookin MegaZord all mixed into one...whatever it is this IS is pretty much went full on Cell

Edited by TCB

Yo man, Cellgarde sounds cool as fuck. This is one DBZ reference I'm totally ok with..... however.....

COrTGX5UAAAIyMj.png:large

Mega Greninja......

MEGA F*CKING GRENINJA.......

Edited by Rusty Spy

I like it.  Wish Zygarde would have been more serpentine but it looks good, almost like Golurk.  It sounds like perfect form will finally boost it to ubers.

So, it means that the next Pokémon game could not be seperated into two versions. I'm glad to see another new Mega-evolved Pokémon like Mega...

Hold on a sec! That Greninja looks identical to Ash!? That's too complicated.

Edited by GreninJovan

Or maybe it's just that Greninja loves Ash so much he even cosplays as him to try to be as cool as he is

Yeah, or that... Lets hope it's that.

Yo man, Cellgarde sounds cool as fuck. This is one DBZ reference I'm totally ok with..... however.....

Um... Other than the evolving part of Zygarde which nearly every pokemon does in some way anyways, its not really a reference to DBZ Cell but you know actual cellular life forms.

• Thumbs Up 2

Heh, well we knew Ash was getting greninja soon, certainly wasn't expecting the cosplay thingy through.

The next game gotta be something special no? Hopefully the story isn't crap this time. Oh yeah we still haven't gotten Volcanion yet.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Btw, the new season (which will formally introduce Zygarde into the series) will begin on October 29th.

...which leads to a crack-pot theory that once enough episodes air there for its Western broadcast here in the States, it may debut sometime between Februrary and April. So...early 2016.

In how it ties in with the games...we may get that formal 'Pokemon Z' announcement within that same time frame, either through CoroCoro and/or GetTV.

But hey it's just a theory...and GAM-ok ok I'll stop

Edited by TCB
  • Thumbs Up 1

Damn! I mean I pretty much knew they were gonna do something special for Zygarde but this still blows me away! Easily one of my favorite forms to date.

And Greninja is possibly getting a mega.

Don't really think that's Mega Greninja.  Might just be showcasing the Pokémon customization since it's appearance doesn't change quite as drastically. 

And surely I'm not the only one who's getting more Chaos from Sonic Adventure vibes from Zygarde instead of Cell?  *Apologises to the withering DBZ fan inside me*

That Ash Greninja is absolutely hideous.  Fortunately, I'm pretty sure it's just a tweaked recolour akin to all those weird Pichu variants, like Spiky-Eared Pichu and Pikachu-Coloured Pichu.  With that said, there is absolutely a question of whether it's just a weird Greninja, or a recolour of a future Mega Greninja...  But come on, we all knew the Kalos starters would be getting Mega Evolutions in Z, right?  There was never any chance it wouldn't happen.

As for Zygarde, I really don't think they needed two different names for the little blob thing (standing up it's Core Zygarde, lying down it's Cell Zygarde - come on).  But that confirms the theory that Zygarde is made of Cell Zygardes, anyway, and having different forms for different percentages is pretty cool.  I'm surprised that Perfect Zygarde isn't a Mega, but then again they might treat it that way...  I like the idea that from now on there won't ever be a "true" Zygarde, and that in future games they might just throw us blob Zygarde or dog Zygarde and then we have to do something more to get the higher forms.

I wonder how the different forms will be handled in the games, since it's not strictly an evolution.  Although... it does fit the bill for a three-stage evolution followed by a Mega.  And it's not like there haven't been Pokemon before where evolution was based on adding more of it - Magneton, for instance.  Could this be the first evolving legendary, which they get away with because it's technically still the same Pokemon?  Or will there be some unique system for Zygarde?  I can't wait to find out.  This is really neat.

So someone over at NeoGAF has pointed out that the dog form is probably based on Fenrir, one of Loki's kids:

The_children_of_Loki_by_Willy_Pogany.png

Of course, in norse myth, Loki also got pregnant as a female horse at one point. Loki's whole story in myth is just plain nuts.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just to recap, Loki's three most powerful and dangerous children, produced between him and the giantess Angrboda, were Fenrir, the great wolf, destined destroyer of Odin; Jormungandr, the world serpent, destined destroyer of Thor; and Hel, goddess of the underworld, half woman and half corpse.

I've also seen it pointed out that Zygarde Perfect has the French flag in its mouth.  Liberté, egalité, fraternité!

• Thumbs Up 1

Um... Other than the evolving part of Zygarde which nearly every pokemon does in some way anyways, its not really a reference to DBZ Cell but you know actual cellular life forms.

I know that. It's just more fun to think of it that way.

Not sure about y'all, but I do not understand why the first games are still so popular. I say this because of all the ghost types, there was only the Ghastly-Haunter-Gengar line and the dragons only had Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite line. The number of Pokemon for those types was way too low for it to be fair. That's just one reason for me.

So if Zydoge is Fenrir, Zygarde normal is...the serpent, the fuck is his perfect form supposed to be?

A Jötunn (frost giant)? After all, Loki is half Jötunn itself.

Perhaps Surt, one of the fire giants?

Edit: Accidental double post.

Edited by Lime/Parvati-Pai/Key

So, it means that the next Pokémon game could not be seperated into two versions. I'm glad to see another new Mega-evolved Pokémon like Mega...

Hold on a sec! That Greninja looks identical to Ash!? That's too complicated.

Could? Considering the subtitle has Z in it in the same style as X and Y, it's basically confirmed that Pokemon Z is our next game.

Could? Considering the subtitle has Z in it in the same style as X and Y, it's basically confirmed that Pokemon Z is our next game.

Yep. Pokemon X2/Y2 will not happen after all.