Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Wait, apparently for some of them you have to go to Gamestop? Ugh. Stupid Nintendo. Hopefully that's different here and I can get them all through Nintendo Network.

5 hours ago, Spin Attaxx said:

The only thing I care about this is that Mythicals are FINALLY getting mass distribution. Good on you, Game Freak! Please retire the gimmick altogether after Volcanion comes out  - this is 2016, the future is now, there's no need for these limited time only restrictions, and it's really, really dumb.

Also dat Sugimori art.

Darkrai should've never been a mythical Pokemon to begin with since its part of a duo with Cresselia. Oh well, I'm just happy that I'll finally be able to get him.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Spin Attaxx said:

The only thing I care about this is that Mythicals are FINALLY getting mass distribution. Good on you, Game Freak! Please retire the gimmick altogether after Volcanion comes out  - this is 2016, the future is now, there's no need for these limited time only restrictions, and it's really, really dumb.

Also dat Sugimori art.

Yeah, if they continued to do what they did with Deoxys in OR/AS, that would be awesome.

And on that note...Japan's getting a Shiny Eevee and Hidden Abilitys of the Kanto Bird Trio...

• Thumbs Up 1

So in more recent news, a fan had been creating an Unreal remake of the first game. 

Been in development for 7 months. And at this point, just about all outside areas of the Kanto region are finished,  he says.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been wanting to get Pokemon Art Academy for sometime now and I finally have it. Maybe I'll learn some new art techniques, just felt it might've been better if their was a shading and highlighting tool instead of having to colour each different colour lighter and darker separately. Still, I'm not finished with all the lessons so what else do they got?

So the Super Bowl Ad was revealed today...

Hm....I think this confirms a 3D game for Wii U or NX.

• Thumbs Up 2

SO THIS SUDDENLY EXISTS AGAIN:

Pikachu talking with a Japanese dude's voice is SOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEIRD. XD Like the style, though. Reminds me of a Disney film.

Remember that Detective Pikachu game? Well...it does exist.  Now, only one question is left to be answered.

Is this Pikachu enough of a gentleman to solve any puzzle he may find?

• Thumbs Up 1

Always thought PIkachu had a big mouth. How much you want to bet his nemesis is an evil Raichu

5 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Always thought PIkachu had a big mouth. How much you want to bet his nemesis is an evil Raichu

Rai...tsu? What's a Raitzu? 

That's one of the early details mentioned when we first/last heard about this game over two years ago, yes.  Don't know why they need a blue Pikachu when we have Marill, though.

Edit: Hold the phone - Murkrow is in this game.  Best spin-off confirmed.

19dThdK.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Even back when we first heard of it, it just felt so out of place / odd. And seeing it finally ... it's still super weird lol, but also interesting and unique! Seems like a mix between Professor Layton / Ace Attorney / Sherlock with Pokémon aesthetics.  I can accept it's weirdness since it's just a spin-off, but I'm liking the concept at the same time. 

Not sure whether "Sherlock" turned into Pikachu hence the comparison when both are walking, or if it's literally a talking detective Pikachu that that worked with a detective and now the detective went missing? Also the way he teams up with a kid is cliché but kinda cute too.

Pikachu's sexy voice kills me though :P

Either way this particular picture is interesting:

Spoiler

pikadetective_zpscu8vqpv8.png 

This one is interesting as well :

pikadetective2_zpsfcjesrpb.png

Shows that they're in the pokémon world ( duh ) only it looks a tad more realistic. We can see a building with the pokeball logo, as well as a lady with a Furfrou. And only now that I take a closer look at this screenshot I notice how wrong it looks..on so many levels xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm, part of me thinks that, since the Great Detective Pikachu is the only Pokemon that's a talker so far, there's at least a slight possibility that they could be a transformed human, a la the Mystery Dungeon games. I could be wrong and there could be other Pokemon talkers that'll appear as things go along. Still, though...

• Thumbs Up 3

Starting today, you'll be able to get Mew!

poke_mew_name.png

poke_mew.png

Get the Mythical Mew!

FEBRUARY 1–24, 2016 | AVAILABLE AT: GameStop
Kick off the Pokémon 20th celebration with the Mythical Pokémon Mew! Mew was the first Mythical Pokémon to be discovered—obtained in the original Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue games. Mew now returns in much the same way as it appeared for players nearly 20 years ago. Don’t miss this chance to get the very first Mythical Pokémon once again!

The Mythical Pokémon Mew will be available at participating GameStop stores starting February 1, 2016. Visit GameStop to pick up a code that will unlock Mew in your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. Be sure to redeem your code in your game by May 31, 2016!

I guess that gives me a reason to bust out my OmegaRuby cartridge again...but I wonder if I could get it for my AlphaSapphire download as well...

On 1/26/2016 at 2:47 PM, Komodin said:

Hm, part of me thinks that, since the Great Detective Pikachu is the only Pokemon that's a talker so far, there's at least a slight possibility that they could be a transformed human, a la the Mystery Dungeon games. I could be wrong and there could be other Pokemon talkers that'll appear as things go along. Still, though...

They could always go with an explanation similar to the one the anime had for the TRio's Meowth. Assuming Detective Pikachu is especially smart or something, maybe they just learned to speak human language(s)?

8 hours ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

I guess that gives me a reason to bust out my OmegaRuby cartridge again...but I wonder if I could get it for my AlphaSapphire download as well...

I don't see why you couldn't.  Just remember you will need two cards for two games. 

2 minutes ago, Thrippa said:

I don't see why you couldn't.  Just remember you will need two cards for two games. 

I only have one physical cartridge (OmegaRuby). AlphaSapphire is a download from the eShop.

13 minutes ago, Thrippa said:

Cards? What cards? Are you referring to the codes? 

New tournament details: The Kanto Classic. Make me wonder if, say, Johto Classic will be a thing. Probably not.

The Kanto Classic Wi-Fi tournament has been announced. This tournament is being held to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Pokémon. This tournament will be Single Battles, with all 6 Pokémon in the party being used. Players may register between midnight UTC on Feb. 25 and 11:59 p.m. UTC on March 3. The competition will be held from midnight UTC on March 4 until 11:59 p.m. UTC on March 6. The results will be announced some time in March.

Players born in or after 2001 will be in the Junior/Senior Division. Players born in or before 2000 will be in the Master Division. Junior Division players may only battle between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. local time. Players will use the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games. Players will only be able to use the first 149 Pokémon from the Kanto region Pokédex. Mew and Mewtwo may not be used. Pokémon may also not hold any items. All Pokémon above level 50 will be set to level 50 automatically. Pokémon transferred from the older games may be used in this tournament.

Each battle will last a maximum of 60 minutes. Players will have one minute to decide the order of the six Pokémon they will be using. They will also have one minute to select a move or switch. Players may battle 10 times a day for a maximum of 30. All players who win or lose three battles will receive a Dragonite with the moves Barrier, Agility, Slam and Hyper Beam. It will have the OT Lance, since Lance used a Dragonite with the move Barrier in the original Pokémon games. Barrier was a move that was not legally obtainable on Dragonite. Dragonite will also be level 62 and will have the Ability Inner Focus.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, as much as I like getting a card with official Pokemon artwork on it and a code for Event Pokemon for 1 game, I miss being able to wirelessly download Events on all of the games I have. I was able to do this with Hoopa and older Events that happened at GameStop and Toys R Us. Now I have to go to GameStop 3 more times to get 3 more cards in order to get a Mew on all 3 games, which may actually limit the amount of Mews that can go around. I could see it being an issue if a crowd forms but that's not something new that game stores deal with. It was crowded on the Midnight Launch of OR/AS and Smash Wii U.

Yes, I know cloning exists but I try to play the games without having to resort to that.

Yes, I could transfer it over using PokeBank but I can only do that when I'm home or near a WiFi spot.

Serebii is reporting that as of December 31st, 2015:

• Pokémon X & Y has sold 14.46 million units
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire has sold 11.46 million units

23 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Cards? What cards? Are you referring to the codes? 

The serial codes are preprinted on cards and each can only be used once.  So if you have multiple games, you'll need multiple cards.  Actually, this is available on X & Y as well.  It would really be more sensible to do them online, or at least wirelessly, when offering for so many games.  But I don't know why the downloaded game would lack the menu option to 'Receive gift', so there shouldn't be any problem with getting the special Pokemon.