ovarloard

The Pokémanz Thread

13 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_o0uu6nDfLS1td9nt5o1_540.jpg

Wonder if we'll get any news?

I would be pretty astonished if we didn't, given that we should have a new main game coming out this year; I feel like you don't name an anniversary date in advance like this unless you're expecting something pretty important to go down.  Apparently the next CoroCoro has a big scoop coming for mid-February, too.  (Edit: Apparently the big scoop I just mentioned is movie-related... but still.)

I love the face plates.  If I absolutely needed to replace my 3DS, this would be the one to do.

I'm happy to get a chance the event exclusives from Sinnoh.  I somehow kept missing them.

It comes at great timing. My friend is working on getting a 3DS; she hasn't played since Crystal.  I gave her my spare DS Lite and a copy of White.  I promised her a few of my extras.  I haven't moved anything up from generation four on. It's been an interesting week and a half pointing in the right direction.

The only thing I care about this is that Mythicals are FINALLY getting mass distribution. Good on you, Game Freak! Please retire the gimmick altogether after Volcanion comes out  - this is 2016, the future is now, there's no need for these limited time only restrictions, and it's really, really dumb.

Also dat Sugimori art.

5 hours ago, Spin Attaxx said:

The only thing I care about this is that Mythicals are FINALLY getting mass distribution. Good on you, Game Freak! Please retire the gimmick altogether after Volcanion comes out  - this is 2016, the future is now, there's no need for these limited time only restrictions, and it's really, really dumb.

Also dat Sugimori art.

Darkrai should've never been a mythical Pokemon to begin with since its part of a duo with Cresselia. Oh well, I'm just happy that I'll finally be able to get him.

6 hours ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Also dat Sugimori art.

Yeah, if they continued to do what they did with Deoxys in OR/AS, that would be awesome.

And on that note...Japan's getting a Shiny Eevee and Hidden Abilitys of the Kanto Bird Trio...

I've been wanting to get Pokemon Art Academy for sometime now and I finally have it. Maybe I'll learn some new art techniques, just felt it might've been better if their was a shading and highlighting tool instead of having to colour each different colour lighter and darker separately. Still, I'm not finished with all the lessons so what else do they got?

Even back when we first heard of it, it just felt so out of place / odd. And seeing it finally ... it's still super weird lol, but also interesting and unique! Seems like a mix between Professor Layton / Ace Attorney / Sherlock with Pokémon aesthetics.  I can accept it's weirdness since it's just a spin-off, but I'm liking the concept at the same time. 

Not sure whether "Sherlock" turned into Pikachu hence the comparison when both are walking, or if it's literally a talking detective Pikachu that that worked with a detective and now the detective went missing? Also the way he teams up with a kid is cliché but kinda cute too.

Pikachu's sexy voice kills me though :P

Either way this particular picture is interesting:

Spoiler

pikadetective_zpscu8vqpv8.png 

This one is interesting as well :

pikadetective2_zpsfcjesrpb.png

Shows that they're in the pokémon world ( duh ) only it looks a tad more realistic. We can see a building with the pokeball logo, as well as a lady with a Furfrou. And only now that I take a closer look at this screenshot I notice how wrong it looks..on so many levels xD

Hm, part of me thinks that, since the Great Detective Pikachu is the only Pokemon that's a talker so far, there's at least a slight possibility that they could be a transformed human, a la the Mystery Dungeon games. I could be wrong and there could be other Pokemon talkers that'll appear as things go along. Still, though...

Starting today, you'll be able to get Mew!

poke_mew_name.png

poke_mew.png

Get the Mythical Mew!

FEBRUARY 1–24, 2016 | AVAILABLE AT: GameStop
Kick off the Pokémon 20th celebration with the Mythical Pokémon Mew! Mew was the first Mythical Pokémon to be discovered—obtained in the original Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue games. Mew now returns in much the same way as it appeared for players nearly 20 years ago. Don’t miss this chance to get the very first Mythical Pokémon once again!

The Mythical Pokémon Mew will be available at participating GameStop stores starting February 1, 2016. Visit GameStop to pick up a code that will unlock Mew in your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. Be sure to redeem your code in your game by May 31, 2016!

On 1/26/2016 at 2:47 PM, Komodin said:

Hm, part of me thinks that, since the Great Detective Pikachu is the only Pokemon that's a talker so far, there's at least a slight possibility that they could be a transformed human, a la the Mystery Dungeon games. I could be wrong and there could be other Pokemon talkers that'll appear as things go along. Still, though...

They could always go with an explanation similar to the one the anime had for the TRio's Meowth. Assuming Detective Pikachu is especially smart or something, maybe they just learned to speak human language(s)?

8 hours ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

I guess that gives me a reason to bust out my OmegaRuby cartridge again...but I wonder if I could get it for my AlphaSapphire download as well...

I don't see why you couldn't.  Just remember you will need two cards for two games. 

New tournament details: The Kanto Classic. Make me wonder if, say, Johto Classic will be a thing. Probably not.

The Kanto Classic Wi-Fi tournament has been announced. This tournament is being held to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Pokémon. This tournament will be Single Battles, with all 6 Pokémon in the party being used. Players may register between midnight UTC on Feb. 25 and 11:59 p.m. UTC on March 3. The competition will be held from midnight UTC on March 4 until 11:59 p.m. UTC on March 6. The results will be announced some time in March.

Players born in or after 2001 will be in the Junior/Senior Division. Players born in or before 2000 will be in the Master Division. Junior Division players may only battle between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. local time. Players will use the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games. Players will only be able to use the first 149 Pokémon from the Kanto region Pokédex. Mew and Mewtwo may not be used. Pokémon may also not hold any items. All Pokémon above level 50 will be set to level 50 automatically. Pokémon transferred from the older games may be used in this tournament.

Each battle will last a maximum of 60 minutes. Players will have one minute to decide the order of the six Pokémon they will be using. They will also have one minute to select a move or switch. Players may battle 10 times a day for a maximum of 30. All players who win or lose three battles will receive a Dragonite with the moves Barrier, Agility, Slam and Hyper Beam. It will have the OT Lance, since Lance used a Dragonite with the move Barrier in the original Pokémon games. Barrier was a move that was not legally obtainable on Dragonite. Dragonite will also be level 62 and will have the Ability Inner Focus.