Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Hey hey, recent episode of the anime may hint at the Ash Greninja named form of Greninja is indeed a Mega Evolution of some kind.

From what I've gather from those who understood japanese, Ash's bond with Greninja is so strong that they don't require a Mega Stone or Keystone, Alain's Mega Evolution radar pointed this out that Greninja's form is related to Mega Evolution as it produces the same energy as when a pokemon Mega Evolves. 

Also to note that because ash doesn't have a Mega Stone or keystone, it's likely the reason why both he and Greninja become exhausted.

Nothing is 100% confirmed yet, those are just some tidbits gathered by a reliable source on Tumblr who always points out these things in episodes, I think Serebii confirmed it as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just picked up Pokemon Y today, first time fiddling with Pokemon at all since I played a little bit of Silver all those years ago.

I've just heard about the distributions that are happening at GAME shops this year. Do you need to buy something in order to get a code or can you literally just go in and ask for one?

1 hour ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Hey hey, recent episode of the anime may hint at the Ash Greninja named form of Greninja is indeed a Mega Evolution of some kind.

From what I've gather from those who understood japanese, Ash's bond with Greninja is so strong that they don't require a Mega Stone or Keystone, Alain's Mega Evolution radar pointed this out that Greninja's form is related to Mega Evolution as it produces the same energy as when a pokemon Mega Evolves. 

Also to note that because ash doesn't have a Mega Stone or keystone, it's likely the reason why both he and Greninja become exhausted.

Nothing is 100% confirmed yet, those are just some tidbits gathered by a reliable source on Tumblr who always points out these things in episodes, I think Serebii confirmed it as well. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Boy said:

I wonder if this kind of mega evolution is gonna be in the inevitable third Kalos game.

My guess would be that they're only playing around with it in this way in order to put off the formal announcement of Mega Greninja until they're ready to kick Z promotion into gear.  Once that happens, they can give Ash a Key Stone and Mega Stone and streamline the whole process.

30 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

Just picked up Pokemon Y today, first time fiddling with Pokemon at all since I played a little bit of Silver all those years ago.

I've just heard about the distributions that are happening at GAME shops this year. Do you need to buy something in order to get a code or can you literally just go in and ask for one?

Just distributions like that you can just walk into you GAME/GameStop/related store and just ask for a code.

• Thumbs Up 1

More information on Pokemon Day has been revealed:

Mark your calendars for a huge Pokémon celebration on February 27! 

On February 27, 1996, the first Pokémon video games launched in Japan, kicking off a global Pokémon phenomenon that continues to this day. Exactly 20 years later, Pokémon Day will celebrate the historic milestone with events across the globe! 

Look forward to the rerelease of Pokémon Blue, Pokémon Red, and Pokémon Yellow for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family. Rediscover the magic of the original Pokémon games almost exactly as they first appeared. These games will be available on Nintendo eShop. Also look for Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue in a special New Nintendo 3DS Pokémon 20th Anniversary bundle. 

Visit participating stores on Pokémon Day for special Pokémon events. Head to Toys“R”Us to receive special foil cards featuring Pikachu and Magikarp from the new Pokémon TCG: Generations expansion, as well as a Pokémon activity book and a poster of the original 151 Pokémon, while supplies last. Toys“R”Us will also have an exclusive Generations-themed binder available for purchase to store your new cards. 

As part of the Pokémon 20th celebration, GameStop stores are offering a Mythical Pokémon poster with purchase of any Pokémon product while supplies last. An exclusive Mew plush is also available for purchase. 

1 hour ago, DarkLight said:

>Mythical Pokemon poster

Eh, sounds cool

>Exclusive Mew plush with any Pokemon purchase

SOLD.

And then scalpers buy them all out and sell them for exorbitant prices on ebay.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

More information on Pokemon Day has been revealed:

That does sounds cool I hope to go to my Toys R Us store in Times Sq-

*realizes that location is no longer in operation*

O-oh...

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, TCB said:

That does sounds cool I hope to go to my Toys R Us store in Times Sq-

*realizes that location is no longer in operation*

O-oh...

I feel you ๏̯͡๏ I wonder why they changed it to a generic Nintendo store. Now instead of all things Pokemon, it's a little bit of everything.

And I mean a little bit.

You know, for some reason I thought you were talking about the old Pokemon Center store. Like I even read Toys R Us and I still thought about the Center. Sigh.

High quality, close up image of Red & Pikachu art for an upcoming figure; spotted at Japan's Wonder Festival. Hoping for a HG standalone image.

Call6G7W4AAlnXi.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Looks like the art WASN'T done by Sugimori, but by Hitoshi Ariga. But damn don't that and this (which WAS done by Ken) look similar.

BXiu6ZP.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

On February 4, 2016 at 1:45 PM, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

Mega Greninja... Jesus, that's scary to think about, assuming it retains Protean. 

If that happens it's definitely staying in ubers. That's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, since all this stuff is focusing on the first gen... do you think it is possible that Gamefreak just might remake Gen 1 for the 20th anniversary?

I think it's a bit soon after the last set of remakes (ORAS), but the real strike against it is that they're just about to release Virtual Console ports of the original games; if remakes were on the cards, they'd basically be competing with themselves.  Commercially and creatively, I think it wouldn't look good.  I'm sure they'll be tempted eventually, but probably not before the 25th annivesary or later; the signs right now are pointing to a further Kalos game instead, and we'll probably find out if that's the case before the month is out.

That looks so bad-ass.

Googling Ariga reveals to me that he designed Tyrunt and Tyrantum. This guy should design more Pokémon and do art for the games.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Mightyray said:

Hey, since all this stuff is focusing on the first gen... do you think it is possible that Gamefreak just might remake Gen 1 for the 20th anniversary?

I highly doubt it. Right now it's pretty much inevitable that we're getting a third Kalos game. That is unless it pulls a Gold/Silver and we get to travel to Kanto in the post game.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

I highly doubt it. Right now it's pretty much inevitable that we're getting a third Kalos game. That is unless it pulls a Gold/Silver and we get to travel to Kanto in the post game.

Yeah, I'd wager money on Z, or sequels (ZX/ZY?). Kalos was so Kanto heavy anyway, but I'm sure there'll be more references.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

What you suggested seems way cooler if that ever happened rather than a straight remake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Marcello said:

That looks so bad-ass.

Googling Ariga reveals to me that he designed Tyrunt and Tyrantum. This guy should design more Pokémon and do art for the games.

He also drew the INSANELY good Mega Man Megamix and Gigamix mangas. So glad that his talent has extended to Pokemon over the past few years.