Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Definitely getting a Fairy vibe from that silhouette. Though I'm kind of wishing it'll have Dark as a secondary type simply because a Dark/Fairy Pokemon would be sick. It would also be fitting since faeries weren't always known to be pure innocent creatures if you read up on old European folklore. But if it doesn't, I'll deal with it.

Hm... is it just me, or does the silhouettes there make Magiana look kinda like Muffet from Undertale?

Muffet is that you

Anyway, I'm going to take the 'easy' approach and say that Magiana is related to Diancie and Volcanion in some way. This is interesting from the games point of view,seeing how the internal data only goes up Pokedex number 721 for Volcy there.

I take it this is our first gen 7 tease then.  So, with that logic, we should be seeing the next generation hitting Christmas 2017.

I can't be the only one who feels the current generation has flown by can I?

3 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

Well, it's obviously a steel type:

corocoro3162.jpg

Reminds me of Klink somewhat.  However, on the other hand, it looks almost exactly like Diancie, so I'm kinda disappointed by the total lack of creativity here.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was quick. Looks like Klefki ain't the only Fairy/Steel type now. And it seems it might have some connection to Volcanion (however you spell it).

Wow, that actually looks pretty dang cool. The torso looks a bit like a Pokéball. I wonder if the different colors in the hole in the middle changer her mode or something.

2 minutes ago, DarkLight said:

That was quick. Looks like Klefki ain't the only Fairy/Steel type now. And it seems it might have some connection to Volcanion (however you spell it).

But, Mawile tho...

• Thumbs Up 1

Also noticed her unusual 'plus' symbol irises. And here you thought Xerneas having X-shaped irises was odd.

EDIT Oops forgot Mawile was Steel/Fairy too.

• Thumbs Up 1

This new Pokemon actually looks very cool/cute. :3

pokemon-magiana-656x417.thumb.jpg.87e5a8

Looking forward to getting one!... as long it's not a rare event giveaway only Pokemon. :F

A clockwork fairy that looks a lot like Diance? Meh, not really caring for this one.

Hm, considering it a bit more, it could also be a alternate form for Diance somehow. However I think I'd enjoy it more as a separate Pokemon.

Well, from what I've heard on TV Tropes (courtesy of a fellow troper who translated the text on the Magiana reveal page), the reason why Volcanion is so misanthropic in the upcoming movie is because the Azoth Kingdom actually kidnapped Magiana and he wants to get her back.

So, I guess that means he's gonna be yet another hero-antagonist Pokemon. How unsurprisingly predictable...

Because lord knows they haven't already exhausted this "lead Pokemon hates humans due to a past misfortune/misunderstanding but eventually learns not all humans are bad" plot with Mewtwo, Lucario, and Genesect.

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, Komodin said:

Well, from what I've heard on TV Tropes (courtesy of a fellow troper who translated the text on the Magiana reveal page), the reason why Volcanion is so misanthropic in the upcoming movie is because the Azoth Kingdom actually kidnapped Magiana and he wants to get her back.

So, I guess that means he's gonna be yet another hero-antagonist Pokemon. How unsurprisingly predictable...

Apparently whoever's behind the Pokémon animé/movies doesn't believe in flushing shit down once it gets old. And it's really starting to stink, not that it didn't already.

What is it with this series and its insistence that humans are the only thing that possesses the ability to be total bastards and that Pokémon are misunderstood/misguided at worst (almost always because of humans) anyway? Never liked that, and I never will.

By the way, Magiana's OK. Wish she didn't look so similar to Diancie, but eh :U

Yes, it does look rather like Diancie if it had Steel instead of Rock-type, doesn't it?  I'm afraid I don't like its design very much; it's a bit cluttered and ununified for me.  Also it looks like it very probably unfolds into a different form, calling it now.  I'll bet the "there's a secret second half of the Gen VI Pokedex!" crowd are having a field day with this.

Love the concept behind this Pokémon (an automaton doll) HATE the design because it looks too much like Diancie! ><

OH GOODIE! Another Legendary who is misunderstood!

2 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Looking forward to getting one!... as long it's not a rare event giveaway only Pokemon. :F

Oh come on, we know that's exactly what it's going to be.

I think Magiana looks pretty neat, and I'm curious if this is supposed to be our first glimpse at Gen VII? It'd be really nice to have another generation that's directly connected to the previous (as Gen II was to Gen I), though it will probably only be connected to Volcanion for the film.

7 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Oh come on, we know that's exactly what it's going to be.

I think Magiana looks pretty neat, and I'm curious if this is supposed to be our first glimpse at Gen VII? It'd be really nice to have another generation that's directly connected to the previous (as Gen II was to Gen I), though it will probably only be connected to Volcanion for the film.

I don't think this is going to be a legendary. I think it'll be like Lucario and  Zoroark.

Since Johto and Kanto were right next to each other, we could go to PokéGermany since that would be right next to Kalos. And then go to Kalos in the post-game.

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

I don't think this is going to be a legendary. I think it'll be like Lucario and  Zoroark.

Since Johto and Kanto were right next to each other, we could go to PokéGermany since that would be right next to Kalos. And then go to Kalos in the post-game.

It would be incredible if we got a "two regions in one" game again. And I wouldn't like to count HG/SS since they were remakes.

• Thumbs Up 2