Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

I've been thinking... about this pokemon. I wonder if it was made using Klingklang and Kelfki parts? It's got a very creepy expression too. Almost as if it could go rogue any second. Yeah, I'm starting to like this one.

It's about time we got a Automaton Pokemon, I'm surprised it took this long.

The thing is adorable, don't know if this is part of Pokemon Z or the possible 7th Gen, if it is Z, I hope the go the regions route, either Germany or the UK.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I will always be rather dubious of the idea of a two-region game.  To fit two regions in, I think that either one or both would have to be rather undeveloped (there's a reason the Johto Elite Four have the lowest levels in all the games) or the game would have to go on a bit too long.  I suppose they could work with some regions which are extremely small in real life - a Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg game - but in general it seems out-of-character, given the amount of research and thought they put into region design for each game by now, for Game Freak to divide their focus.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unless they effectively reset the trainer at the start of the second region.  Customs won't allow import of Pokemon over level 5 unless you have credentials as a Champion trainer in the new country; or the ultimate battle with the villain in the first region was a decoy, while the evil team hijacked the entire storage system, stealing everyone's pokemon.  Hmm, and the villain challenged the hero/heroine to a Baby Cup battle, to ensure that all the high level Pokemon were kidnapped as well.   Of course this would probably annoy a lot of players, but it would give you essentially two games in one.  And it would allow you to start part two with a hand-picked or homebred set of 6 baby pokes, if the player so desired.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know that they're many fangames and hacks out there that stray from the formula it would be so nice of a change of pace if we can get a core series game with the structure of the Orre games at least.

10 hours ago, Thrippa said:

Unless they effectively reset the trainer at the start of the second region.  Customs won't allow import of Pokemon over level 5 unless you have credentials as a Champion trainer in the new country ... Of course this would probably annoy a lot of players, but it would give you essentially two games in one.  And it would allow you to start part two with a hand-picked or homebred set of 6 baby pokes, if the player so desired.

This is basically my preferred take on the "two regions in one" idea that so many people (including myself) want. Forcing you to use a new team would make the second half completely different from the first; instead of being limited by the wild Pokemon you find in the early areas of the game, you can breed your ideal team and start an entirely new adventure that way. Of course, trading from other games has this same effect, but this would negate the need for another copy.

Which is why Game Freak will never do it

• Thumbs Up 2

Going back to level 5 and effectively starting a new and separate game would be a hard sell, though it's true that it would be extremely nice to have a wildly different set of Pokemon available from the start.  I remember playing Black 2 with a Deino and Stunfisk egg shipped in purely because I was bored of the standard options on offer, and one of my top hopes for Z is drastically remixed Pokemon availability in the early game.  I guess they could build it in as a sort of New Game+?

I have long wished there was either a new game+ that would allow you to replay the story without losing what you've gained, or at least a second game save slot so you could do the same without erasing a completed game.  Pokemon Bank makes it easier to not lose the pokemon you've collected, but I do sometimes wish I could replay the story without sacrificing the postgame parts,

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/10/2016 at 5:25 PM, Mightyray said:

I've been thinking... about this pokemon. I wonder if it was made using Klingklang and Kelfki parts? It's got a very creepy expression too. Almost as if it could go rogue any second. Yeah, I'm starting to like this one.

That gives me an idea of a potential future gimmick. Something along the lines of fusion created Pokémon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/10/2016 at 7:45 PM, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

Well, it's obviously a steel type:

corocoro3162.jpg

That design looks noice but-

250px-Magiana_XY_anime.png 250px-719Diancie.png

Yeah, she kinda looks a lot like Diancie... 

I would assume a scientist tried to create a doll based around Diancie and I assume it was blessed with Fairy magic or something Fairy tale related like Pinocchio?

• Thumbs Up 1

Official Information on the New Pokémon, whose Official English Name is Magearna

m19-character-169.jpg

Meet Magearna, the latest Mythical Pokémon to be discovered! Known as the Artificial Pokémon, Magearna has a metallic body and was created by humans 500 years ago. You'll be able to see Magearna when it appears in the next Pokémon movie, expected to come out later in 2016!

In this latest cinematic adventure, Ash meets the Mythical Pokémon Volcanion when it crashes down from the sky, creating a cloud of dust —and a mysterious force binds the two of them together! Volcanion despises humans and tries to get away, but it's forced to drag Ash along as it continues its rescue mission. They arrive in a city of cogs and gears, where a corrupt minister has stolen the ultimate invention: the Artificial Pokémon Magearna, created 500 years ago. He plans to use its mysterious power to take control of this mechanical kingdom! Can Ash and Volcanion work together to rescue Magearna? One of the greatest battles in Pokémon history is about to unfold!

Look forward to many more details about the Mythical Pokémon Magearna and the next Pokémon movie, expected later this year!

m19-character-200x200.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, right, I get it now, it was "gia" as in "gear"; it wasn't just "magi," it was a pun.  ...But then is it meant to be pronounced with a hard "g" or a soft "g"?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Official Information on the New Pokémon, whose Official English Name is Magearna

m19-character-169.jpg

m19-character-200x200.jpg

LOL at Clemont's face. 

...Now that I think about it, I think it's gonna be a full steel type. They didn't mention it's type yet did they?

And why am I getting the feeling that design  is foreshadowing a future pokeball?

5 hours ago, FFWF said:

Oh, right, I get it now, it was "gia" as in "gear"; it wasn't just "magi," it was a pun.  ...But then is it meant to be pronounced with a hard "g" or a soft "g"?

The 'g' in Japanese is always hard.  If they were going for a soft sound they'd use a different character (which is actually spelled 'zi', but pronounced 'ji')

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems Pokemon Day will feature sales on Pokemon goods at stores like GameStop and Hot Topic.

8.5x11_Flyer_PokemonDay-1780.jpg8.5x11_Flyer_PokemonDay-2780.jpg

I might get the Pokeball plush...

I'm keeping my expectations low for this since it's only 5 mins. For all we know we can get a trailer for the next mainline game or some actual gameplay for Pokemon Go which should be out by next month if I'm not mistaken. 

I'm thinking a minute or two of this will be Pokken Tournament reveals, 30 for a single character or more for a mixed reveal

Five minutes huh. So expecting something Pokken related, maybe a bit more info on Go and further Pokemon Day news. Maybe squeeze a teaser for Z at the very end, but I'm still sticking with the 27th for the official reveal at the latest.