Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Bit a playful speculation on /vp/'s part....which adds more fuel to the speculation fire...look at 100% Zygarde cell colors, the Volcanion dialogue and the region map...

1Npxp8x.jpg

THE. PLOT. THICKENS.

• Thumbs Up 7

6 minutes ago, Doctor MK said:

New Mega Evolutions for Sun and Moon have leaked!

CcEteZNUUAcBVq4.jpg

...nah, just kidding. I wonder if Solrock and Lunatone will have any kind of importance in the new games though? Maybe we might even see Mega Umbreon and Mega Espeon? It'll definitely need a day and night cycle, if nothing else...

There's also Tyrunt and Amaura who can evolve during the day and night respectively.

39 minutes ago, TCB said:

Bit a playful speculation on /vp/'s part....which adds more fuel to the speculation fire...look at 100% Zygarde cell colors, the Volcanion dialogue and the region map...

1Npxp8x.jpg

THE. PLOT. THICKENS.

Any expansion to the tiny (imo) Kalos region would be welcome to me. I know they were going for the whole star shape thing, but I've always wished that the Kalos region was larger than it was. I dunno, maybe I'm fretting over nothing and it really is around the general size of Unova. Maybe it was the 3D models of the buildings and everything that made the world appear smaller than it actually was on a tile-by-tile basis, especially as the camera moved around:

benches.png

maxresdefault.jpg

since there's less 'sense of scale' being left to the imagination like with sprites/ lower poly DS building models and it's more of a "you're seeing the world as it actually is" kind of thing.

(also as a side note I feel like all the extra camera shots would've been so much better in 3D, but since you only get 3D in caves and battles, alot of the grand over-world shots were kinda just 'there' for me even though I appreciated the effort put in.)

Spoiler

*edit, but even in the DS games they still managed to pull bigger scale stuff like this off:

28.png 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's probably not the time to be saying this, but I do wonder what the Gen 7 games could look like? I really really hope they change up the Pokemon's 3D models. They were pretty dead looking and the colors were washed out. I get they were trying to keep them in line with Sugimori's art, which I'm glad they did, I really like the shading, but I do wish the colors on the Pokemon were brighter and had some more pop to them. Some more liveliness to the models would be terrific.

Could Gen 7 look more 'realistic' like Colosseum and XD? Or would they keep the chibi overworld aesthetic but make the models in a different kind of art style? I feel like sprites are so much easier to change up, I'm worried that now that we're in 3D model territory with the handhelds all that will change as new generations come will be higher res graphics while using the same models over and over again.

I hope that isn't the case.

The Pokémon had some great animation which really brought them to life. They're also really high poly, which I think was a reason why the games run so badly.

Personally I loved the way they were textured, too. They just need better AA.

We may never get the artstyle that Super Mystery Dunegon has in a main series game I feel because damn that game looks gorgeous and lively.

Serebii: Various domains have been registered by Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe for these games in various different languages, all of which currently redirect to the official site, Pokemon.com. This doesn't confirm this news yet, but does add possibilities.

You know, I think "Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon" are pretty much confirmed at this point.

As for where and what these games will be about is to be determined.

Also information about Pokemon Day:

Get ready for a full day of Pokémon festivities this Saturday, February 27! 

On February 27, 1996, the first Pokémon video games launched in Japan, kicking off a global Pokémon phenomenon that continues to this day. Exactly 20 years later, Pokémon Day will celebrate the historic milestone with events across the globe! 

All Pokémon fans are invited to Nintendo NY located at Rockefeller Center in New York City on February 27 for a Pokémon 20th celebration. This special event will feature fun activities for all attendees! 

And on the west coast, visit the Pokémon pop-up shop at JapanLA in Los Angeles, with a special opening-night celebration taking place Saturday night. The pop-up shop will be open every day until March 27, so don’t miss your chance to stop by. 

Be sure to check out special Pokémon Day events taking place at participating stores. Head to Toys“R”Us to receive special foil cards featuring Pikachu and Magikarp from the new Pokémon TCG: Generations expansion, as well as a Pokémon activity book and a poster of the original 151 Pokémon, while supplies last. Toys“R”Us will also have an exclusive Generations-themed binder available for purchase to store your new cards. 

Also as part of the Pokémon 20th celebration, GameStop stores are offering a Mythical Pokémon poster with purchase of any Pokémon product while supplies last. An exclusive Mew plush is also available for purchase. 

Twitch.tv/Pokemon will be hosting a massive Pokémon event starting at 10 a.m. (PST) on Saturday. Tune in to watch Pokémon discussion, gameplay, interviews, and other Pokémon coverage to entertain fans of all ages. Then at 6 p.m. (PST), Twitch will kick off a massive animation marathon for 24 hours straight! Watch movies, favorite episodes, and animation specials around the clock until 6 p.m. (PST) on Sunday. 

February 27 marks the launch of Pokémon Blue, Pokémon Red, and Pokémon Yellow for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family. Rediscover the magic of the original Pokémon games almost exactly as they first appeared. These games will be available on Nintendo eShop. Also look for Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue in a special New Nintendo 3DS Pokémon 20th Anniversary bundle. 

Be sure to check out the new Pokémon Photo Booth app for iPhone and Android devices! Show your Pokémon 20th spirit by customizing your portraits and adding captions in the style of classic Pokémon games! Then feel free to share your photos via social media sites or create Pokémon-themed profile images. Look for Pokémon Photo Booth in the App Store today, and check back soon for its launch on Google Play. 

We hope you will join the Pokémon 20th celebration, and be with us for many more years to come.

Pokemon Sun and Moon, eh? Sounds interesting.

Can't wait for the direct tomorrow! I'm still hoping for a small amiibo announcement, but you can only show so much with the time we have.

it is curious to think of whether it will be Sun & Moon, or the rare but possible chance that there will actually be Sun & Moon as well as "Z" , that would be, basically a game concluding the Kalos region and story, and a bridge game that could receive your previous X&Y/ORAS and earlier Pokemon while also being compatible with any new Pokemon from Sun & Moon, with the "Z" game possibly also having many new Pokemon of its own.  ..!  i don't know!  it doesn't have to be that much, but they have possibly had enough development time for something special whether it is two games or three. 

Seeing as how Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are based on Norse gods, I wonder if the title legends for these games will be based on Sol and Mani, the Sun and Moon gods respectively in Norse mythology. 

I didn't dislike XY, but all the Pokémon games really feel the same to me. Loved Diamond, but White, Y and Omega Ruby all felt kinda same-y. White had a cool story though. But it was also a lot harder than others I've played (not sure if FireRed was super hard since I only played a bit of it).

Well, anyways. I'm mostly curious what the new characters will look like and if I can include them in my EDGY fancomic or not.

While I don't necessarily think they were the perfect gen, there's one thing I will commend Black & White on - how every Pokemon you faced up until after the Elite Four was completely new, so it was almost like starting off back in Red & Blue where every single encounter was a fresh new discovery. I'd love for Sun & Moon to do the same, just to give us a proper chance to get introduced to the new additions rather than them getting lost amongst the 700+ familiar faces.

Of course, that kinda depends on Gen VII having enough new Pokemon to warrant doing that again - can't spread them too thin, after all. We shall see!

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, X&Y had to put work into not only the new pokemon but also recreating all the originals, so Sun/Moon (unless they turn out to be Pokemon Z: Sun version and Pokemon Z: Moon version) won't have to first create 600+ old Pokemon into 3D; they can simply proceed with their own new creatures.  So there ought to be significantly more additions.

I wish they'd enable the cogenerational games to be updateable so that new pokemon, mega evolutions, moves, etc. could be added as new games in the same generation came out. They do online updates for other reasons; it would be nice if they could allow complete reciprocation between generational games.  I had a fairly long hunt through my old games to find where Groudon and Kyogre had ended up so I could bring them forward since the ORAS pair cannot be transferred to XY.

• Thumbs Up 1

The good news: Sun & Moon are a thing!

The bad news: That's... literally it.

No gameplay? No starters? No legendaries? Not even anything beyond the logos that had already leaked?

I know we got the Pokemon Bank compatibility thing for Gen I which is cool and all, but seriously, all that just to announce the titles...?

The VC releases of Red, Blue AND Yellow compatible with Pokemon Bank to be transfered to Sun and Moon...that's impressive given the circumstances.

• Thumbs Up 1

The starters are probably Froakie, Chespin, and Fennekin. These are probably sequel games to X and Y considering Zygarde's recent build up.

Obvious or not, I have a feeling these games aren't a new generation. Even Magearna doesn't seem like a new Pokemon. I dunno, unless Sun & Moon are like Kanto and Johto where Pokemon designs are kept similar, and it's just a continuation of X & Y. I'd like that a lot actually. Still I can't shake the feeling this isn't gen 7.

I can't wait for No Guard Fissure Machamp to be a thing thanks to Pokemon Bank/RBY VC connectivity 

15 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

The starters are probably Froakie, Chespin, and Fennekin. These are probably sequel games to X and Y considering Zygarde's recent build up.

At the same time though they may not be if the hints towards this being a new generation is saying something. And it's definitely looking like it's the 7th gen. And yes I know X&Y had more than one set of starter Pokemon but they were of course not the regional starters.

• Thumbs Up 1