Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Boy did I forget how unbalanced Gen 1 was because holy shit this game is lol. I downloaded blue and I'm nuzlocking it, and for some reason the Viridian City pokemart didn't sell potions, so I have to make it through the entirety of the Viridian Forest without anyone dying. Should be a treat.

March's legendary is Celebi!

poke_celebi_name.png

poke_celebi.png

A Timeless Celebi Arrives!

MARCH 1–24 |Nintendo Network
The second Mythical Pokémon of the Pokémon 20th celebration is Celebi, who debuted in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver for the Game Boy Color. Now Celebi is once again available for a limited time via Nintendo Network! This Celebi has the same moves as the original Mythical Pokémon and is ready to confound its foes and support its teammates in battle!

Receive Celebi via Nintendo Network beginning March 1, 2016, for your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. The Pokémon will be available only until March 24, 2016, so don't miss this opportunity!

I still have my 10th Anniversary Celebi :D

• Thumbs Up 4

It's still true that Gen II onward there were a LOT more dual Types. But like I said, there's shit I don't remember/had to check. Gen 1 was the only thing I didn't fact-check because like I said, it was the foundation, so there's no changes to reflect on. I don't know why it was necessary for three people to point out one mistake I made though? Isn't one good enough? It got the point across, further pointing it out seems like people wanting to go "me too!" and only serves to make me feel dumb- this shit was literally over 15 years ago for me, give me a break.

Regardless, my point stands, there have been various improvements to the game mechanics, casually and competitively. And I hope that trend does not stop. Does anyone agee with my hopes/wants for further improvements, inaccuracy aside?

• Thumbs Up 2

Yo chill, I know how annoying it can feel to have a minor flaw picked out in a lengthy post like that, but at least they didn't do it in a passive-aggressive or condescending way. No harm done from either side as far as I can see.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Speaking of shit about early Pokemon games:

What the fuck.

What the fuck.

I don't get it. What's wrong with that? I've always thought it was really cool.

• Thumbs Up 4

pokemon-bank-regi-trio-169-en.jpg

Deposit Three Solid Pokémon with Pokémon Bank!

Starting March 4, Pokémon Bank users can get Regirock, Regice, and Registeel!

Players who access their Pokémon Bank between March 4 and October 31, 2016, will receive a Regirock, Regice, and Registeel that each possesses a Hidden Ability! These three Pokémon can be received using the Pokémon Link function in the Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game that was used to access your Pokémon Bank. Note that Pokémon Bank requires an annual membership fee of $4.99.

You can get the Pokémon trio by selecting the Pokémon Link option from the menu screen of your Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game. Once you've received the Pokémon in Pokémon Bank, select Pokémon Link and the three Pokémon will be sent to a Box in your game. The three Pokémon will be sent one at a time from Pokémon Bank. Note that you can receive these Pokémon only once per Pokémon Bank account, even if you have multiple copies of Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Each of the three Pokémon that you receive has a Hidden Ability, a trait they do not possess when found in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. This is your first chance to get these Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities, so don't miss this opportunity!

Regirock

With the Hidden Ability Sturdy, if Regirock has full HP and is hit with an attack that would normally knock it out, it will be able to endure the hit with 1 HP remaining. This is a great Ability for Regirock to have, being a Rock type with many weaknesses.

Level: 50
Ability: Sturdy
Moves:

• Explosion
  • Ice Punch
  • Stone Edge
  • Hammer Arm

Regice

Regice's Hidden Ability Ice Body allows it to restore HP when the weather condition is hail. Regice is strong against opponents that attack it with special moves. By using Hail, it can recover HP throughout the battle while doing even more damage!

Ability: Ice Body
Moves:

• Thunderbolt
  • Amnesia
  • Ice Beam
  • Hail

Registeel

Registeel's Hidden Ability Light Metal reduces its weight by half. This decreases the damage it will take from moves such as Low Kick and Grass Knot that are more powerful the heavier the target is. It is especially good for Low Kick, a Fighting-type move that is super effective against the Steel-type Registeel. Roll with those supereffective punches and strike back!

Ability: Light Metal
Moves:

• Iron Head
  • Rock Slide
  • Gravity
  • Iron Defense

Be sure to log on to Pokémon Bank between March 4 and October 31, 2016, to get three awesome Legendary Pokémon for your Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game!

Sweet!

In terms of meta, Regirock got the best deal out of all of them. Study lets it at least do something and with the right set it will be annoying to face. Regice is now tailored to Hail teams. Its decent since its recovery for it and there's a few things that lower its best stats but its situation at best. Registeel is a mixed bag. On one hand its less affected by Low Kick which has its uses in the meta but its really for one move. It might not appreciate some stats being lowered as well. But its up to you if its really a buff for them or not. It does help separate them a bit though Clear Body is still a good ability to have.

The best thing about this is the fact you don't have to go through a lot of trouble to get the Regis of course.

I already have like four or five of these mofos each. Though I think my Bank subscription is still good so I might as well check on that

The Regi Trio has been given (or available) out like candy ever since their debuts. Least they have their Hidden Abilities be a thing now. 

Since I'm a Regice mark it being restricted to Hail teams is kinda suffering since I don't use any Hail teams but I'll live.

3 hours ago, Tornado said:

So you knew about this and didn't tell anyone.

I've know since I was 10 :V

• Thumbs Up 4

Playing Yellow really bring me to appreciate the simple times:

>Opposong Bellsprout uses Wrap on my Haunter

>It doesn't affect it (duh)

>Though it doesn't affect it, the attack still coninturs anyway, and since this is Gen 1 I can't attack while stuck in Wrap but since it's a Ghost type it doesn't take any damage

On 3/2/2016 at 4:12 AM, Tornado said:

What the fuck.

What the fuck.

I was sad that I couldn't do this in HG/SS, it's almost like the team themselves forgot about it.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Ferno said:

I was sad that I couldn't do this in HG/SS, it's almost like the team themselves forgot about it.

Oh then that means Game Freak knew what they were doing. :U

I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying Blue after all these years. I was dreading it in the run up to it's release because I just thought it must be an absolute slog to play through and I figured the modern games would have spoiled me with all the new features and streamlining but for a 20 year old game it's actually not that bad at all.

edit: I have no idea why half the text of this post is a larger size lol

On 3/2/2016 at 4:12 AM, Tornado said:

What the fuck.

What the fuck.

I did this by accident the other day in Yellow when I meant to check a Pokemon's stats, and I just stood there holding the game in absolute disbelief.

giphy.gif

How did I not know about this for so long!?

10 minutes ago, Professor J said:

I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying Blue after all these years. I was dreading it in the run up to it's release because I just thought it must be an absolute slog to play through and I figured the modern games would have spoiled me with all the new features and streamlining but for a 20 year old game it's actually not that bad at all.

That's basically me with Yellow. I went into the VC releases pre-purchase thinking that it was going to be a 100% chore after all the newer features and how much more accessible it is. On the contrary, apart from a few outright striking differences it's no where near as badly aged as I went into it thinking. 

It reeeally made me realize just how much the overall challenge has dropped over each generation though.

Also is gives me a bit of a chuckle to how many of you didn't know that little 'cutting grass' trick. In Silver I used to cut all the grass in the National Park out of sheer boredom. Wasn't I evil?

6 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

....there's no Move Deleter in the 1st Gen games...?

No. None at all. 

You dun goofed huh?

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

....there's no Move Deleter in the 1st Gen games...?

3 hours ago, TCB said:

No. None at all. 

You dun goofed huh?

You had to remind me of one of the most legendary fuck ups on Game Grumps

Be careful on what you click on before you have thousands of people laugh at your mistake lol

Yeah this is the first game now, so remember that TM's are only one use and HM's are permanent, so don't use HM's on your main team unless you want to screw yourself over.