Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

2 hours ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Yeah this is the first game now, so remember that TM's are only one use and HM's are permanent, so don't use HM's on your main team unless you want to screw yourself over.

Unless it's Surf, Fly and/or Strength. Especially Surf.

• Thumbs Up 1

On a random but still Pokemon related topic...

Finally got me a female Ninetails with a Calm nature, a Proud of its Power characteristic, and the egg move Flare Blitz.

Took me forever to get that nature and character match-up due to Calm having a negative impact on the attack stat. To me this is as satisfying as getting a shiny.

Congratulations!  Any time you've put a lot of effort into getting the exact Pokemon you want, it's something to celebrate.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2016 at 8:51 PM, Crow the BOOLET said:

You had to remind me of one of the most legendary fuck ups on Game Grumps

Be careful on what you click on before you have thousands of people laugh at your mistake lol

and that just reminded me of a fuck up on Jon's part:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This Month's Pokemon is Jirachi!

poke_jirachi.png

poke_jirachi_name.png

Your Wish Is Granted–Jirachi Returns!

APRIL 1–24 |Nintendo Network
The Mythical Pokémon Jirachi returns in a Nintendo Network distribution event for your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game! The Wish Pokémon Jirachi first appeared in Pokémon Rubyand Pokémon Sapphire. Now it returns for players as part of the Pokémon 20th celebration with the same three moves it had when it debuted!

Receive Jirachi via Nintendo Network beginning April 1, 2016, for your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. The Pokémon will be available only until April 24, 2016, so don't miss this opportunity!

legendary-bird-distro-11.jpg

The US will be getting the Legendary Bird Trio with their Hidden Abilities

Be sure to check out the May Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter, where you'll find codes to get the Legendary Pokémon trio Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres for your game! Enter these unique codes to unlock all three Pokémon in your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. These Pokémon are special in that each one has its Hidden Ability, marking the first time you can get these Pokémon with this trait!

If you're already a Pokémon Trainer Club member, you can make sure you're eligible to receive the newsletter on your Pokémon Trainer Club settings page. Also, it's a good idea to check that email from Pokemon.com won't go into your junk mail folder.

If you're not yet a Pokémon Trainer Club member, there's never been a better time to join! In addition to the special codes for Pokémon video games and the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, the newsletter will deliver exciting Pokémon news and information directly to your inbox. Plus, the Pokémon Trainer Club includes all kinds of other benefits, including a custom Trainer designer, access to the Pokémon Global Link, and more. And best of all, it's free! Sign up for the Pokémon Trainer Club today.

Be sure to sign up for the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter by April 22, 2016, to be eligible to receive codes to get Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in May!

Also, don't miss the cinematic classic Pokémon the Movie 2000 on Pokémon TV featuring Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres for a limited time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if I'll get this newsletter.  Considering it's an online email subscription it seems oddly hit or miss as to whether it shows up in my box or not.  The last thing they sent a code out for I never received.  Although I've gotten several since (and before).

Since Neogaf got to Zorua/Zoruark on their Lttp Pokemon thread, can we talk about how badly Gamefreak messed up with those two pokemon? They tried hyping the damn thing, being the first 5th Gen Pokemon revealed, got it's own movie, and folks drawing comparisons between it and Lucario, Dark Lucario if you will.

But in the actual game, the thing ended up being a event only pokemon, and people lost interest in it real quick, unlike Lucario, the thing was damn non-obtainable unless you had shining versions of the Johto Beast. Also Zorua evolves via level up (30 I think) so that made it even more less special and also even more stupid that Gamefreak made it a Event Pokemon. B2/W2 came and it did let you get a Zorua, and Zoruark appears in X/Y, but not even that got people too interested in them.

On 4/6/2016 at 6:59 PM, Sonictrainer said:

legendary-bird-distro-11.jpg

The US will be getting the Legendary Bird Trio with their Hidden Abilities

Anything about Europe for this?

39 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Anything about Europe for this?

Gamestop + exclusives here in Italy.

Thanks. I just found it. In Germany it seems to be exactly the same as in the US, so I signed up quickly.

A live action Pokemon Movie? Well, crap... I was wondering what a Pokemon movie would be like, but I was hoping it would be animated and tone along the lines of How to Train Your Dragon. I wonder who'll direct? I've seen people in the comments saying Lord/Miller, but I'm not sure their fast paced and heavily comedic style would fit with Pokemon... Eh, who knows? Only time will tell I guess.

Overall, kind of between the line of curious and cautious.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a spare Mew from the event earlier this year? Wanted to get them all but ugh completely forgot to go to Game and get the code while it was active and now I feel like I'm missing out ??

I have other Mews, I just wanted the complete anniversary collection... Have shinies and things I can offer in exchange.

Heads up: A Level 100 Zygarde is being distributed through Mystery Gift in at least Germany (And presumably all of Europe and possibly other places). I got it in X, but I assume it's also in ORAS. 

This month's Legendary is Darkrai

poke_darkrai_name.png

poke_darkrai.png

Darkrai Is the Pokémon of Your Dreams!

MAY 1–24 |AVAILABLE AT: GAMESTOP
IN CANADA, VISIT: EB GAMES.CA
First appearing in Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, the Mythical Darkrai has cast a long shadow over the Pokémon world. The powerful Pitch-Black Pokémon returns for the Pokémon 20th celebration, this time via a special distribution event at participating GameStop stores! With awesome moves and the Bad Dreams Ability, Darkrai is certain to give your opponents nightmares.

The Mythical Pokémon Darkrai will be available at participating GameStop stores starting May 1, 2016. Visit GameStop to pick up a code that will unlock Darkrai in your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. Be sure to redeem your code in your game by August 31, 2016!

Also, there is a TCG Kalos Legendary Trio Event!

distro-x-y-zygarde-169.jpg

Get a Legendary Pokémon Trio!

Celebrating the debut of Pokemon the Series: XYZ, for a short time, you can get three powerful Legendary Pokémon from the Kalos region—Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde—via Nintendo Network! What's more, the Xerneas and Yveltal you'll receive are Shiny, making them incredibly rare, especially for a Legendary Pokémon! These Pokémon are all Lv. 100, and know their signature attacks as well as other powerful moves.

Be sure to look for Zygarde and more amazing Pokémon in Pokémon the Series: XYZ!

Each Pokémon will be available via Nintendo Network for one week only:

May 2–8: Zygarde
May 11–17: Shiny Xerneas
May 20–26: Shiny Yveltal
Don't miss your chance to get this trio of amazing Legendary Pokémon while you can!

Lol, I just got a shiny Yveltal a few days ago :lol: Well, I guess a shiny version of Xerneas is still nice. Too bad Zygarde isn't shiny.

The German Pokémon site says Zygarde is available from the 2nd of May until the 26th. Which is weird since I got one on Friday. The other two aren't mentioned, but their pictures are there.

The Newsletter with the legendary birds is headlined "Get the mythical Pokemon Darkrai in May!", so be sure to open it and scroll down for your passwords.  The birds aren't mentioned in the title.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2016 at 3:12 AM, Tornado said:

Speaking of shit about early Pokemon games:

What the fuck.

What the fuck.

I've been replaying Crystal and yes, this blew my freaking mind!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 2 spare EU Darkrai codes if anyone wants them? If you have a spare 20th Mew to exchange for one it wouldn't go unappreciated cos I can't not have the full collection ???

I love how the shiny Xerneas/Yveltal mention how rare and hard to find the Pokemon are.  Lessee, regular Xerneas can only be caught in X, so one per person with X unless you restart the game.  Regular Yveltal, same deal only with Y.  Shinies?  Can get with X and Y and OR and AS.  So, with 4 titles, I have one each normal and 4 each shiny.  Yeah, those shinies are sooo rare and hard to find!

Xerneas and Yveltal are shiny-locked in their respective games, so I'd say they're pretty valuable.