Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

General tip when you come across clearly hacked 'mons: make them reproduce, keep the baby and free the parent once you have at least one cub.

I know it sounds awful if said like that but trust me, it's the best way to handle the situation.

Or just keep it. If it's just the ball that's hacked it really shouldn't matter. Or just Wonder Trade it away once you get a perfect IV offspring from it.

Also is has Pokerus; as well as doing what people above me said make sure you spread that Pokerus to other Mons in your PC.

I've obtained hacked Pokemon before and nothing really happened. I personally think you should keep it as at least a collector's piece since you'll most likely be using your own mons anyways. No harm done honestly.

K then. I'll breed it. But I need to see if I have a Destiny Knot and if not, where to get one. Once I get the Jr. I need I may trade it away. 

• 2 weeks later...

V has come to.

poke_victini_name.png

poke_victini.png

Be Victorious with Victini!

SEPTEMBER 1–24 |Nintendo Network

Add the charm and power of the Mythical Pokémon Victini via a Nintendo Network event as part of the Pokémon 20th celebration! Victini could originally be encountered in the Liberty Garden in Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version by players who had acquired the Liberty Pass. Now you can get Victini for a limited time!

Receive Victini via Nintendo Network beginning September 1, 2016, for your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. The Pokémon will be available only until September 24, 2016, so don't miss this opportunity!

• Thumbs Up 1

So i don't have to go to Gamestop for this one? Good.

Hopefully this will remove all the people requesting it in GTS

18 hours ago, Estinienskaven said:

So i don't have to go to Gamestop for this one? Good.

Hopefully this will remove all the people requesting it in GTS

HA! Oh, I wish. But that's just not gonna happen, I'm afraid. Those people never seem to learn that legit event Pokemon (whether Mythical or not) CANNOT be traded on the GTS or via Wonder Trade. But they see the Pokemon on there anyway (which I'm pretty certain are always hacked) so they think it's still possible. Seriously, if there's one thing I want Game Freak to fix in Sun/Moon, it's the online trading options.

...Anyway. Victini's next? I remember getting the little guy back when I first got Pokemon Black. Sadly, it doesn't seem to have the move V-Create...

3 hours ago, Captain Metallix said:

Those people never seem to learn that legit event Pokemon (whether Mythical or not) CANNOT be traded on the GTS or via Wonder Trade.

Wait, what? Really? Why not?

10 hours ago, Marcello said:

Wait, what? Really? Why not?

It has something to do with a particular ribbon (the Classic Ribbon) attached to every event-exclusive Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl onwards. If a Pokemon has that ribbon attached to it, then the ribbon prevents it from being traded on the GTS (and Wonder Trade, as of Gen 6). Instead, it'll just say "It's a Special Pokemon! You can't trade it!"

The only way to properly obtain event Pokemon via trading is locally, though event Pokemon from the original Gen 3 games might be an exception online, as the Classic Ribbon wasn't around back then. Unfortunately, it seems that people have simply hacked in these Pokemon and are putting them up on the GTS for equally ridiculous trades. At least they're easy to spot though, since the Pokemon names can be stupidly long and/or the Trainer icons are... well, non-existent.

Simply put, the only legit 'event' Pokemon you should be seeing on the GTS is Deoxys. Everything else is 99.9% likely to be fake.

On 02/09/2016 at 4:38 PM, Captain Metallix said:

The only way to properly obtain event Pokemon via trading is locally, though event Pokemon from the original Gen 3 games might be an exception online, as the Classic Ribbon wasn't around back then.

I'm not sure about that. I transferred over my Liberty Garden Victini from Black (and I'm certain it has no such Handcuff Ribbon), and the GTS wouldn't let me put it up. So I think it just flat-out bars Mythical Pokémon (ironic, the kind of Pokémon the GTS is best suitable for letting players get is the kind it refuses to let on legitimately).

Also, I just realised this Victini doesn't come with V-create. Now I feel sorry for the poor bastard for being stuck with an incredible signature move that's event exclusive itself.

Yeah, I just double-checked the details on Gen 6's GTS. Apparently, it completely bans any official event Pokemon, even if it's one that needs to be caught. That includes anything from the original Gen 3 Deoxys, to the Darkrai event in Gen 4, and even the Liberty Garden Victini from Gen 5.

It's a shame about the lack of V-Create, though. I always find it annoying when I look up a Pokemon's competitive moveset, only to read the equivalent of "this Pokemon is great... but only if it has these specific event-exclusive moves".

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 shinies left...but I don't quite want to trade them (At least one of them). I used to have a shiny Eevee and a shiny Crobat but traded them. Changing subject...I hate how ORAS makes it so difficult to get evolution stones...or in case of Dusk Stones, practically impossible :S

Sorry for double posting...I need to evolve a Clamperl and Karrablast (I even have a spare Shelmet if you lack one) Can anyone help me with that?

Last night I decided to give Chain Fishing a shot to see if I could get a Shiny Pokemon.

I got this 2 hours later.

CtBvT3nUIAAdaZc.jpg

And I caught ANOTHER Shiny Feebas on top of that.

I like Chain Fishing a lot.

• Thumbs Up 3

Almost at the full completion of the Pokédex in Alpha Sapphire: aside from some event 'mons (Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion), wich are not counted though in the main game (and some of them will come through internet events anyway), i only miss Porygon-Z, Weavile, Gliscor and Aromatisse, all of wich i'm gonna obtain easily in the next couple of days. After that, i'll be trying catching some shinies thanks to the gizmo Birch should give me: can't wait.

I have to say, i've never came close to Pokédex completion in a Pokémon game up until now, i'm honestly surprised of myself.

Well, I hatched a Shiny Dwebble yesterday and I didn't even noticed until I put it in battle (The shiny color is pretty similar to the normal, just darker). Now it's a green Crustle

Now I'm grinding Battle Points to get the evolution items I need. I already got one to evolve Dusclops. Now I just need one for Misdreavus, Electabuzz, 2 for Porygon and Spritzee...and see if I can find a Swirlix

And now, the waterponycornsketeer Mythical Pokémon that has arguably no right to even be a Mythical:

poke_keldeo_name.png

poke_keldeo.png

Charge Ahead with the Mythical Pokémon Keldeo!

OCTOBER 1–24 |Nintendo Network

The Mythical Pokémon Keldeo first galloped into Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version in Ordinary Form, and then changed into its majestic Resolute Form after learning the Secret Sword move in Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2. Now you can get Keldeo via a Nintendo Network event, once again in Ordinary Form in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire! Then, seek out the Move Tutor in Mauville City to teach Keldeo its signature Secret Sword move.

Receive Keldeo via Nintendo Network beginning October 1, 2016, for your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. This Pokémon will be available only until October 24, 2016, so don't miss this opportunity!

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

And now, the waterponycornsketeer Mythical Pokémon that has arguably no right to even be a Mythical:

poke_keldeo_name.png

poke_keldeo.png

I'm never going to be able to finish getting Mystery Gift Pokemon am I? So much resetting for natures and stats D8>!

2 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

poke_keldeo_name.png

poke_keldeo.png

I actually have a bit of a story with this unicorn 'Mon:

When I played through Black 2 and caught the other three Swords of Justice, I named them all after Knights of the Round Table: Lancelot (Cobalion), Gawain (Terrakion), and Percival (Virizion). When I discovered I missed out on my chance to get this guy, I decided to name him "Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Game". But now I can add him to my collection!

• Thumbs Up 4