Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

I'm sad I have to go to Gamestop to get Volanion, the nearest one around me is an hour away which is why I love it when they put events on Mystery Gift...

As for Keldeo, I'll probably get the tcg set, been getting back into the tcg recently. 

2 minutes ago, Forte-the-Bell-Tolls said:

I actually have a bit of a story with this unicorn 'Mon:

When I played through Black 2 and caught the other three Swords of Justice, I named them all after Knights of the Round Table: Lancelot (Cobalion), Gawain (Terrakion), and Percival (Virizion). When I discovered I missed out on my chance to get this guy, I decided to name him "Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Game". But now I can add him to my collection!

Too bad you can't even name him "SNAITG", cause everyone loves Mythicals with gimmick OTs that mean they're practically on-loan from Ninty despite technically being yours, right?

14 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Too bad you can't even name him "SNAITG", cause everyone loves Mythicals with gimmick OTs that mean they're practically on-loan from Ninty despite technically being yours, right?

I only found out about that after I tried to rename my Jirachi. Lame...

2 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Hello NA! If you missed the chance to get Hoopa last time, just go to your ORAS (X/Y too I guess?) and put the code "2016Hoopa" to get it

http://nintendowire.com/blog/2016/10/03/hoopa-now-available-download-north-america/

I curse you. I CURSE YOU! I WAS ALMOST DONE WITH GETTING GOOD NATURED AND IVed POKEMON WITH KELDEO SO I COULD FINALLY RESET MY GAME TO START FROM SCRATCH! NOW I HAVE TO TAKE EVEN LONGER TO DO THIS D:<!

13 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

America only? Bummer.

I have Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, so once I actually get the Hoopas with the right nature and stats, I might be willing to trade one of them...assuming you have the time.

I already may have another friend who can help me with that, but i'll keep this in mind just in case.

question which of the main series pokemon games do you guys consider the hardest and the easiest of the series? also do pokemon battles get more challenging in omega ruby once you beat the gym leaders?

18 hours ago, kirby1up said:

question which of the main series pokemon games do you guys consider the hardest and the easiest of the series? also do pokemon battles get more challenging in omega ruby once you beat the gym leaders?

Consensus  I heard was Platinum for hardest, XY for easist.  For starters,  the EXP Share isn't what it is now. So yeah you have to actually grind here and there. 

XY for that reason. EXP is pretty much given to you. Overleveling being that easy is a common criticism of all the Generation VI games actually. 

It's funny when RBY VC came out,  going back to the more archaic mechanics of the series felt much more difficult than I ever remembered. 

Also N.American players can get Hoopa til the 9th via code 2016HOOPA

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoopa_available_for_American_region_games_with_common_code

This isn't quite the 'second chance' they make it sound like.  If you have the prior Hoopa you can get this one also, in however many games you have.  The second chances for Pokemon offered this year were the same Pokemon and could not be downloaded a second time to the same game, or more than once.

Does anyone have an idea why I can't access the Pokemon server on ORAS from my (new) New 3DS?  It always fails to find the server, but when I stick the cartridge into the N3DS XL, it connects right up.  XY work in the smaller unit (downloading , Wonder trade, etc), and I can access the internet, the eShop, etc. but OR and AS always 'server not found, try again later', although they otherwise work correctly.  It's not a server down issue, since the other unit and the other cartridges work, and that's the only answer I can turn up with Google.

So, if you go to Gamestop (US), EB Games (Canada, Australia and New Zealand), Bart Smit, Intertoys, ToysXL (Netherlands), Dreamland, Broze et Fun (Belgium) or Muller Stores (Germany) you can get your own Volcanion on X/Y/OR/AS!

CuYvn4sWgAAoPPF.jpg

US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand will run until October 31st, while Netherlands and Belgium November 30th (They didn't put a date on Germany, but I suppose it'd be same date as NED/BEL)

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

• 2 weeks later...

It surely is multiple years away, however, it seems like now that NX/switch is confirmed to be console/handheld together, then, Gen 8 will be the first main series Pokemon games on console..! 

it is interesting/amazing to think of what ideas they may be approaching of how to get everything to work, and, just how newly developed the environments and mechanics may become!

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hate to ask, but is there any chance someone from Europe has a second Volcanion code and could give it to me? There's no Müllers close to where I live. I'm still hoping Gamestop coincidentally will have one, but chances are low... 

To be clear, this isn't official, but dang I got a little teary-eyed watching this.

Spoiler

Just replace the dude going to work with him in university then seeing X and Y on the internet and then that's exactly my experience of getting back into Pokémon :,S

• Thumbs Up 2

Pulled down the Sun/Moon demo, and while on the eShop I realized I'd never gotten Pokemon Yellow.  (I'd decided on Yellow back when they were announced as I'd played FR/LG to death so it would be the most different, but then the A button went bad on my 3DS and I was waiting to see if I'd need to get the Red or Blue version N3DS.  When the A button died the Super Mario 3D Land N3DS was announced , so I got that.)  So I bought Yellow and it is very interesting switching between Yellow, with bits that are different or missing from what I'm familiar with and the sometimes very primitive graphics (Manky looks like a three-stalked alien from behind, or a flumph), and the Sun/Moon demo with full color and painted art style. But the similar/recognizable are as much fun to see as the differences.

Am I the only one who wants another PokePark game? Seriously, I own the second one and I absolutely love it, and I'm planning on getting the first one soon. Just loved befriending Pokemon and playing minigames with them. It was fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/21/2016 at 6:24 AM, Marcello said:

I really hate to ask, but is there any chance someone from Europe has a second Volcanion code and could give it to me? There's no Müllers close to where I live. I'm still hoping Gamestop coincidentally will have one, but chances are low... 

Are the codes region locked?  I picked up a set today, if you can use a US one.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Thrippa said:

Are the codes region locked?  I picked up a set today, if you can use a US one.

I'm pretty sure they are. Thanks anyway, though.

Nintendo has redistributed Pokémon for those that missed them this year, so hopefully they'll do the same with Volcanion.

On 10/23/2016 at 11:16 AM, Marcello said:

I'm pretty sure they are. Thanks anyway, though.

Nintendo has redistributed Pokémon for those that missed them this year, so hopefully they'll do the same with Volcanion.

Are all PAL codes similar? Would an Australian acquired code work for Germany?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jetronic said:

Are all PAL codes similar? Would an Australian acquired code work for Germany?

Oh, I forgot Australia. Yeah, I think they might be the same actually! Both are PAL as far as I know.

Meanwhile, Serebii confirmed that the next legendary to be distributed for Gen 6 games in the multi-5 European countries (at least for now) is Genesect:

Various European distributions of Genesect have been confirmed. In the UK, Genesect will be given at GAME from November 1st through 24th. In France, it'll be given at Micromania from November 2nd through November 24th. In Germany it will be in Gamestop and Toys 'R' Us from November 2nd through November 24th. In Italy it will be given at Gamestop from November 1st through 24th. In Spain it will be given at GAME from November 1st

It will be avaible from November 1 to November 24.

I suppose the last legendary for December will be Meloetta (if they don't want to repropose Diancie again).

With all the hubbub going on at home to get ready to move out next weekend, I completely freaking forgot about the Volcanion distribution SHIT DAMN IT! ...don't suppose anyone has a spare North American code lying around? :'V @JayRaR MANY THANKS, MY GOOD DUDE <3

If not that (and on a more feasible note), I'm also looking for a Joltik – raised one in Black and White but I don't have those games on hand anymore (and I forgot to transport it onto Bank so YAY). Ideally a Timid-natured one, but if not, I'll breed one if need be!

• Thumbs Up 1