Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

My favourite crazy-grinned evil cyberbug and star of the worst movie in the series is out!

poke_genesect_name.png

poke_genesect.png

Drive for Success with Genesect!

NOVEMBER 1–24 AVAILABLE AT: logo-gamestop.png
IN CANADA, VISIT: logo-ebgames.png

We’re approaching the end of the Pokémon 20th celebration! The second-to-last Mythical Pokémon you can get is the amazing Genesect, which first appeared in the Unova region. Head to a participating GameStop store to pick up a code for Genesect. Then, once you get the Mythical Pokémon, collect the Drives that change the type of its Techno Blast move in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire by talking to a character in Mauville City.

Get Genesect at participating GameStop stores beginning November 1, 2016. Visit GameStop to pick up a code that will unlock Genesect for your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. Be sure to redeem your code in your game by February 28, 2017!

• Thumbs Up 3

I got like...three of those plus a whole box that I cloned from that QR exploit months back. I think I'm going to skip on this one.

3 minutes ago, TCB said:

I got like...three of those plus a whole box that I cloned from that QR exploit months back. I think I'm going to skip on this one.

Well, you could get away with most of people's demands in GTS since most ask for Genesect/Meloetta

35 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Well, you could get away with most of people's demands in GTS since most ask for Genesect/Meloetta

Not if it has the Classic, Premiere and/or Birthday Ribbons.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to push on through Pokemon Yellow.  Finally got Fly on my Pigeotto; I know Bite is Normal because Dark moves didn't exist, but why the heck isn't Gust a Flying move?  Big powerful bird without a STAB, hmph.  But it'll get dropped again, shortly.

1 hour ago, Thrippa said:

I'm trying to push on through Pokemon Yellow.  Finally got Fly on my Pigeotto; I know Bite is Normal because Dark moves didn't exist, but why the heck isn't Gust a Flying move?  Big powerful bird without a STAB, hmph.  But it'll get dropped again, shortly.

This post wasn't really relevant to Sun and Moon, so it was moved to the general Pokémon thread.

I'm not sure why Gust wasn't Flying-type, but it's just another bit of Generation I weirdness, I guess. I mean, this is the gen where Focus Energy had literally the exact opposite effect as it was supposed to in all handheld games, so nothing really surprises me.

It's still a STAB move for Pidgeotto, though, as it's a Normal/Flying type.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to know that people are making no attempt to hide information about the Ultra Beasts that I'm pretty sure players aren't supposed to know until a certain point in the game. In the general purpose Pokémon topic that isn't even geared directly towards Sun/Moon.

Anyway, here's Gen VI's swan song, sung tonight by Meloetta. Thank you, thank you, she'll be here all month.

poke_meloetta_name.png

poke_meloetta.png

Meloetta’s Grand Finale!

DECEMBER 1–24 |Nintendo Network

We round out the Pokémon 20th celebration with a chance to get the elegant Meloetta via Nintendo Network! The Melody Pokémon first appeared in the Unova region, complete with the capability of changing from Aria Forme to Pirouette Forme in battle when it used the move Relic Song. Don’t miss your chance to have the graceful Meloetta perform in your Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game! Visit the Move Tutor in Mauville City to teach it Relic Song to transform it into Pirouette Forme once again!

Receive Meloetta via Nintendo Network beginning December 1, 2016, for your Pokémon Omega RubyPokémon Alpha SapphirePokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. The Pokémon will be available only until December 24, 2016, so don't miss this opportunity!

(And the Kalos Mythicals are apparantly not worth redistributing as part of the festivities :U)

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait...are you talking about certain UBs just...existing being a spoiler?

I'm sorry, but Nintendo and Game Freak themselves revealed every last one of them before the game released, so they wanted you to know about them beforehand. 

10 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Wait...are you talking about certain UBs just...existing being a spoiler?

I'm sorry, but Nintendo and Game Freak themselves revealed every last one of them before the game released, so they wanted you to know about them beforehand. 

I'm referring to the fact that you can apparantly catch and trade them (and thus they 1: Aren't boss-only encounters like I thought they'd be, 2: Probably aren't dangerous/evil beings like the website claimed them to be and I hoped they were, and 3: Are probably proper Pokémon after all, even though the site said they're totally different from Pokémon), and that they have proper names that aren't the codewords used on the site. Now, I've only gotten as far as the first Grand Trial, so I don't know if you fight them early on and learn their proper names then and there (and if that's the case, then shame on me I suppose), but somehow I have the impression this isn't something players are meant to know until a pivotal point in the close-to endgame.

Just now, Spin Attaxx said:

I'm referring to the fact that you can apparantly catch and trade them (and thus they are 1: Not only not boss-only encounters, and 2: Probably proper Pokémon after all, even though the site said they're totally different from Pokémon) and that they apparently have proper names that aren't the codewords used on the site. Now, I've only gotten as far as the first Grand Trial, so I don't know if you fight them early on and learn their proper names then and there (and if that's the case, then shame on me I suppose), but somehow I have the impression this isn't something players are meant to know until a pivotal point in the plot.

Nintendo revealed the ability to catch them too, a month before we knew all the Ultra Beasts. [Note: The article does talk about the datamine done around that time, so you may want to avoid going beyond the first paragraph. Just a heads up]. 

The names...yeah they didn't go into those.

But they're not dwelled on in the plot either.

I've been thinking of something lately: Eevee may have been around since Gen I and has been in the Kanto Pokedex since then, but is it possible that Eevee isn't actually native to the region at all? Or Johto for that matter?

If Eevee is a Kanto Pokemon, then I can't help but wonder why there's only one Eevee in the whole game that's given to you. And in Johto, the only Eevee in the game is the one that Bill gives you. It's impossible to find wild Eevee in those generations.

You can't find Eevee in the wild until Sinnoh, and even then it's within an enclosed garden. And in Unova you can only find Eevee in this one single area right in the middle of Castelia City.

It's not until Kalos that you can find Eevee in the wild and in an actually rural area. You can also find Eevee in rural areas in Alola.

It makes me wonder if maybe Eevee was originally from those two regions.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I fear for other fangames like Pheonix Rising, Cinder and Foam, and Ethereal Gates now.

And eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh I'm still iffy on downloading this, despite me wanting to play this lol

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2016 at 9:08 AM, Ernest-Panda-Baring-Gifts said:

I've been thinking of something lately: Eevee may have been around since Gen I and has been in the Kanto Pokedex since then, but is it possible that Eevee isn't actually native to the region at all? Or Johto for that matter?

If Eevee is a Kanto Pokemon, then I can't help but wonder why there's only one Eevee in the whole game that's given to you. And in Johto, the only Eevee in the game is the one that Bill gives you. It's impossible to find wild Eevee in those generations.

You can't find Eevee in the wild until Sinnoh, and even then it's within an enclosed garden. And in Unova you can only find Eevee in this one single area right in the middle of Castelia City.

It's not until Kalos that you can find Eevee in the wild and in an actually rural area. You can also find Eevee in rural areas in Alola.

It makes me wonder if maybe Eevee was originally from those two regions.

I've been thinking the same about Riolu since in Diamond and Pearl, you only receive it in an egg but come Black and White, it can be found in the wild. 

Also at this rate Nintendo is to fan games as Prince was to YouTube videos with his music in them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

C_H0yn8VYAA0lCk.jpg

I was looking for a Chansey with a Lucky Egg originally. 

Wonder how this looks like in Pokemon Stadium 2...

20 minutes ago, Zippo said:

http://www.pokemon.com/hoshi

Even more evidence found. It leads to a 404 right now, but "Hoshi" means "Star".

Since we don't even know if it's even Switch-centric I moved this over to the main Pokémon thread.

Out of curiosity, where was this originally found?

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if Stars was a 3D Kanto remake with Sun and Moon 'mon and a plot unrelated to gyms?

I'm pretty sure an announcement is getting closer though.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if Stars was a 3D Kanto remake with Sun and Moon 'mon and a plot unrelated to gyms?

I'm pretty sure an announcement is getting closer though.

So... the twentieth movie, then?