Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

• 2 weeks later...

There's an issue where people who pre-downloaded Gold/Silver who didn't get the code for the Gold Theme and Silver Theme respectively, plus the Celebi Code.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2751

Description: You purchased Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver through the Nintendo eShop and didn't receive a download code for the Theme and/or Celebi.

Important: 

• This promotion applies to purchases made directly through Nintendo eShop only AND between 9/13/17 (4:00 p.m. PT) and 9/21/18 (11:59 p.m. PT). If the game was not purchased during this time-frame, you do not qualify.
  • Players that purchase a Pokémon Gold / Pokémon Silver download code from select retailers may receive a different Theme (Pokémon Gold / Pokémon Silver Cast Theme), but will not receive a code for Celebi.

What to Do: The code(s) may be found in one of two possible locations:

• Both download codes may be located on the receipt for the Pokémon Gold / Pokémon Silver purchase (in your Nintendo eShop Account Activity).
  • You will receive the codes in an e-mail (sent to the e-mail address associated to the Nintendo Account). This applies if you have a Nintendo Account linked to your Nintendo Network ID and combined Nintendo eShop funds from both accounts. 

If you're trying to get the Gold/Silver Theme

• Click the HOME Menu Settings option in the upper-left corner on the system’s HOME Menu (the icon looks like a house with a wrench).
  • Click "Change Theme," then tap "Theme Shop."
  • Tap the Menu in the upper-right corner (the icon looks like three horizontal lines).
  • Select "Redeem Download Code" to automatically add your free theme to the system.

If you're trying to get the Celebi Code

Please note the following:

• The Celebi download code can be redeemed (one time) in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon beginning 9/22/17.
  • The Celebi download code can be redeemed in Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon beginning 11/17/17.

If you're still having trouble like I did, you may have contact support.

• 2 months later...

With production of the live action movie set to begin next year, we now know two of the lead actors.

The upcoming live action film Detective Pikachu, will star

Justice Smith in the lead role. Justice Smith is most famous for his role in the Netflix series The Get Down.

The movie, directed by Rob Letterman and scripted by Nicole Perlman and Alex Hirsch, is being produced by Legendary Pictures and distributed by Universal Studios (which acquired DreamWorks Animation back in August) worldwide except in Japan, where Toho will handle distribution. Production is set to begin next year.

https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Detective_Pikachu_lead_role_announced

This prank is going too far. They need to cut it out making us believe they're making a Detective Pikachu movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

So uh, are we not gonna talk about this tidbit on Serebii:

This will have connectivity with the Generation 7 games and also encounter Celebi within the game. In the Japanese version, when you beat the Elite Four and go to the Pokémon Communication Center in Goldenrod City, you'll be gifted with the GS Ball. It's currently unclear what the method will be in America and Europe

It seems Celebi is getting the Deoxys treatment, and thank fuck for that (and holy shit, we actually get to battle, catch, and NAME our Mythical Pokémon without having it given to us by some postman! What a novel concept!). This better not be a Japan-exclusive thing, though...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

• 2 weeks later...

It won't be Japan-exclusive, since it was shown off in the English trailer. From what I recall, the GS Ball event was fully translated in the original, so maybe they're modifying the ROM so that the player can access it by normal means.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been playing Ultra Moon lately, thinking about how I would approach a new game in the franchise and the sorts of things I would like to see, and I had a sudden idea.  It is an idea which at a stroke eliminates the problems of overlevelling, easy gyms and bosses, and early-game trading of high-level Pokemon - but which is also an idea I suspect a lot of players would hate:

Level caps gated by badges or their equivalents.

I imagine you would start the game, have free rein to level any number of Pokemon up to around the level of a Totem-equivalent Pokemon or a few levels above the team average of a gym leader, say maybe level 15 - but could go no higher until beating that Totem/leader, at which point the next gate would be linked to the levels of the next Totem/leader, and so on until the last boss finally raises the cap to 100.

...Or they could just make sure the Exp. Share is well-balanced, I suppose, but it's interesting to imagine more dramatic alterations.

• 1 month later...

The gen 8 starters may have leaked.

Spoiler

I doubt these are legit myself, but I wouldn't mind if they were. The water starter in particular is really neat.

Like you said, the water starter's sweet, but I'm ready to say this is a myth is busted.  The art style looks a bit off and I think I saw a guy say the spelling is wrong.  I know how the Gen VII final starter forms got the early leak treatment, but I don't know.  This just seems too sketchy.

The gen V, VI and VII final starters were all leaked...but all after their respective generation games were announced. 

We don't even know what gen VIII is yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyans said:

What does a Pokemon look like? We have ice cream, garbage and keys for Christ's sake. 

Artstyle. These don't resemble Sugimori's artstyle at all

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SaberX said:

Does UBs and Tapus also includes in the list?

You're thinking of character design.