Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Has anyone read the Pokemon Adventures manga? If not, DO IT. It's the best pokemon adaption period, and if you say otherwise, YOU ARE WRONG, good sir. XD

Seriously though, the manga is epicly awesome.

I also read the manga (Heck, I use a bit of it in my avatar) and I can say that it is awsome. To me its alot beter than the animes portrayal and also it isnt too bright and happy. It can also be quite humourous as well (Soma Cruz gave a good example XD).

1231993671648.jpg

Good God…..

Never thought that I’d see something like that. It was only a matter of time before a series of battling monsters got something to this extent, but I still was not prepared to see that.

DogTagz World

Well enough of that. From what I’ve seen of that particular comic, it’s pretty good. Although now that I think about it, it does not take much to look good in comparison to the show or video games.

Well, expanding on what I've said before, the manga, IMO, is way better than the anime, or any adaptation of the games, period. It's more mature, while not losing that Pokemon feel. The art and designs of the human characters are sweet, but the story is where it really, really shines. The writer is a damn legend. Characterisation, plot, dialogue, etc. He just NAILS it. And the "Holy Shit Quotient" goes straight through the roof of a skyscraper. Very often. It's absolutely brilliant, and it tortures me that the only translations to date still haven't gone through the Battle Frontier.

Just... Just read it, damn you. MangaFox has got the entire series (or at least as much as has been Scanlated up for free viewing. All 334 chapters.

Edited by Soma Cruz

Plus another reason why the mangas are superior boils down to the simple fact that unlike the anime, the mangas actually play by the established rules of the pokémon universe. Yes yes, I greatly loved (first season of) the anime as a kid too but even then it quite annoyed me at how Pikachu uses thunderbolts to knock down pokés immune to electric, among other things.

I like the manga.. it looks a lot more graphic but if it sticks to the rules of the pokémon universe I doubt I'll be getting grouchy when I see things like Flint has described.

Plus another reason why the mangas are superior boils down to the simple fact that unlike the anime, the mangas actually play by the established rules of the pokémon universe. Yes yes, I greatly loved (first season of) the anime as a kid too but even then it quite annoyed me at how Pikachu uses thunderbolts to knock down pokés immune to electric, among other things.

They've slightly fixed that now. Strengths and weaknesses are the same as the game to a point, and Pokemon use up to 4 established moves at a time. But there're still manouvers and techniques they do in the cartoon unable in the game (like dodging when the trainer shouts "DODGE" Heh) Though the comic itself isn't innocent about that last bit (Like Megavolt or Pikachu using substitute as a surf board to use Surf, for example)

But there're still manouvers and techniques they do in the cartoon unable in the game (like dodging when the trainer shouts "DODGE" Heh)

Well, could be that he has no real control over that, just screaming it in hope for the pokemon to really manage that. XD

That's how I see it anyway, thinking "dodge!" when playing. Works sometimes. xD

And the manga looks great, I should try that at some point.

It's just something I notice in the cartoons, really. 95% of the time, someone shouts dodge it, they successfully dodge an attack. And when they don't shout it, their Pokemon are hit more so than they avoid an attack!

DODGE IT!

It's just something I notice in the cartoons, really. 95% of the time, someone shouts dodge it, they successfully dodge an attack. And when they don't shout it, their Pokemon are hit more so than they avoid an attack!

DODGE IT!

If only it were that easy to dodge attacks in the actual games, it would make things so much easier.

DODGE IT!

Oh, lol. I actually never realized how bad that was!

I suppose that, well, anime and manga are not as realistic in battles as the games themselves, like having those 'freezing' moments where you have time to shout out a dodge. xD

Though you sometimes apparently can do something similar with Quick Attack, though not too often. ^.^

Haha, that video is so funny. Makes me think, it would have been pretty much "I win" to have that in the games. XD

I never saw a Gardevoir in that manga yet I don't think. I'll have to read osme chapters over again I may have missed, but meh.

The manga should've been the Anime, put that on Adult Swim or something and it could be an epic piece of work. (And stop people from hating pokemon.)

Pikachu vs. Rhydon

"Aim for the horn!!!!"

Plus the fact that everyone referred to Onyx and shit as "rock" type Pokémon and explained that Rock is immune to Electric attacks, when that isn't true at all. Ugh that shit annoyed me to no end.

Yeah, what the hell were they trying to do with that...confuse the kids? The Ground Type of Onyx is what makes it immune to electricity(at least I remember it being part ground), while it's just not very effective against other rock types. Also, the Ghost versus Psychic thing they were talking about when Ash was trying to beat Sabrina was pointless. Alakazam could still completely destroy Haunter since it's dual type Ghost/Poison, and the Ghastly family was the ONLY GHOST TYPE AVAILABLE IN RED AND BLUE.

Heh, I remember the first volume of Pokemon Adventures from years ago. Coming from the games and anime I was one shocked kid when that Arbok got cut in half. :lol: I won a bunch of bets around school since nobody would believe they'd show a Pokemon actually get killed.

I hear Viz is reprinting Adventures starting this June, I'm definitely getting the reprint of volume one as soon as it's out since I lost mine a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm about to do the Mt. Coronet event after the Galactic HQ in Diamond. How's this team I threw together look for it? Luxio and Skuntank are mainly there for the experience points but I'll toss 'em out there if I need to stall while I heal one of my other Pokemon.

Infernape Lv 52

Torterra Lv 41

Empoleon Lv 43

Noctowl Lv 36

Luxio Lv 26

Skuntank Lv 29

Yeah, what the hell were they trying to do with that...confuse the kids? The Ground Type of Onyx is what makes it immune to electricity(at least I remember it being part ground), while it's just not very effective against other rock types. Also, the Ghost versus Psychic thing they were talking about when Ash was trying to beat Sabrina was pointless. Alakazam could still completely destroy Haunter since it's dual type Ghost/Poison, and the Ghastly family was the ONLY GHOST TYPE AVAILABLE IN RED AND BLUE.

Ghost type didn't even exist in Red/Blue, I think. They were Poison.

There were ghosts, but their attacks were pretty useless before Gen 2 (same goes to Bug types, too), which made Psychich types the one with the least problems and weaknesses in the game, before they made better Ghost and bug moves, and Dark types.

Yeah, there was really no damn point to Ghost or bug Pokemon until Gold and Silver, which was a waste. I think mainly because there weren't any bug or ghost moves to speak of, but I could be wrong. Also, anyone remember how bite used to be normal? Man, it's so convenient that it's Dark type now.

Yeah, there was really no damn point to Ghost or bug Pokemon until Gold and Silver, which was a waste. I think mainly because there weren't any bug or ghost moves to speak of, but I could be wrong. Also, anyone remember how bite used to be normal? Man, it's so convenient that it's Dark type now.

There were some, but there were very, very few and were usually very weak and useless (Night Shade would've been your choice of a ghost move if you didn't like Lick, even though it's the ghost equivilant of Seismic Toss, and disregards weaknesses and strengths)

Oh right, I remember Night Shade, and it's still around and pretty crappy. :|

Well, at least there are better moves like Ominous Wind and such now. Of course, pretty much every ghost type can learn Shadow Ball too, which is good enough when it comes to destroying Psychic types.

Anyway, I'm about to do the Mt. Coronet event after the Galactic HQ in Diamond. How's this team I threw together look for it? Luxio and Skuntank are mainly there for the experience points but I'll toss 'em out there if I need to stall while I heal one of my other Pokemon.

Infernape Lv 52

Torterra Lv 41

Empoleon Lv 43

Noctowl Lv 36

Luxio Lv 26

Skuntank Lv 29

That team is quite useful. Another possibility for an addition to your team if your willing to replace Luxio and Skuntank is Lucario simply for its good base attack, special attack and speed

Its not really an inconvinience that its a dark type. Personally I think its better because, unlike normal type moves, Dark can be super effective against other types, normal cant.

But Dark type is also not very effective against more types of Pokemon. As in, many Pokemon are not affected much by Dark type Pokemon. Normal can do more damage, assuming it's not ghost or psychic.

A pokemon's type doesn't necessarily influence its usefulness. Sableye isn't weak against anything and yet it's still a pretty shitty Pokemon. :P

Similarly, though, Spiritomb has no weaknesses, and it's stats aren't lowered to balance this out.