Awoo.

Biggest fall in quality in arts and media

batson

So I've been thinking, in all of arts and media (movies, TV, books, video games, music, ect) what is the biggest fall in quality that we've ever seen in a series/franchise/artist? What is the biggest difference of when that thing was at it's peak compared to what it became?

Personally, I would have to say The Simpsons. It went from being the best TV show of all time to honestly being among the worst shows on TV. At it's peak, it blended brilliant and hilarious comedy with thouthfull storylines and relatable, multi-layered characters. It was simply entertainment at it's best. But sometime after the ninth season, it first lost it's heart and coherence, and then eventually even lost it's ability to be funny. The show as it is now is not only poorly written, but boring. Even many dedicated fans haven't been able to keep watching it, because it gives so little in the way of entertainment.

Now I'm really curious to hear about you'r examples. It doesn't have to be that something became bad and stayed bad forever, it can also be a temporary dip in quality (like how Sonic 06 was the lowpoint of the Sonic franchise, but then later the series gave us good games like Colors and Generations). The main thing is that there is a huge difefrence between something at it's best and the same thing at it's worst.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• batson

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic