Awoo.

Who is your least favorite Sonic character?

batson

On 5/11/2020 at 5:29 AM, DabigRG said:

Admittedly, of the recurring cast, Shadow has been my least anticipated/enjoyable/welcome lately.

Agreed. He’s tied with Orbot, and just barely edges out Olgilvie himself. (This doesn’t include Cubot and Zavok, who were never good characters. Cubot got even worse than his first appearance and Zavok... is Zavok. Not even IDW can get Shadow right, it seems. Heck, I’ve seen characters in other games that are better at being Shadow than he is right now.

7 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Agreed. He’s tied with Orbot, and just barely edges out Olgilvie himself. (This doesn’t include Cubot and Zavok, who were never good characters. Cubot got even worse than his first appearance and Zavok... is Zavok. Not even IDW can get Shadow right, it seems. Heck, I’ve seen characters in other games that are better at being Shadow than he is right now.

I would imagine not if they are or were being directed from on high to make him not great. Hopefully they are finally kind of over the idea that shadow needs to be different to appeal to people who will never like him for the things that make him interesting. But uh, someone at sega had some ideas

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/12/2020 at 11:56 AM, Miragnarok said:

Not even IDW can get Shadow right, it seems.

Actually, they can.

It’s just they were literally told to write him in a certain other way that ended up not being well received.

Given the team behind IDW Sonic is the same as the one behind Archie Sonic—who did the best Shadow at the time before it was cancelled—I ‘d think they could do it again if the people mandating the characters would ease on the leash.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 5/12/2020 at 12:56 PM, Miragnarok said:

Agreed. He’s tied with Orbot, and just barely edges out Olgilvie himself.

Olgilvie...why him?

(This doesn’t include Cubot and Zavok, who were never good characters. Cubot got even worse than his first appearance

What do you mean?

Not even IDW can get Shadow right, it seems.

IDW is what did it; Forces might've played a tiny part, but yeah.

Heck, I’ve seen characters in other games that are better at being Shadow than he is right now.

Oh, you mean edgy antihero who gets the job done?

Wow, I wonder how that could be. Any ideas, Raven?

On 5/12/2020 at 8:51 PM, Shadowlax said:

Hopefully they are finally kind of over the idea that shadow needs to be different to appeal to people who will never like him for the things that make him interesting.

We're still not allowed to play as Tails because because they're trying to appeal to people who will never like Sonic.

If I can say the era, I'd say Modern Tails (mainly lost world and onwards)

Reason? He's gotten more whiny now. He got mad at Sonic because he wanted to shut off the machine that Eggman made when Eggman was gonna shut it off himself.

I'd also say (English) Chris Thorndyke

He's cool but he's also really whiny and he depends on Sonic too much. He kidnapped Sonic when he was about to go back home just because he wanted him to stay when Eggman could've taken the over the whole god damn world