Awoo.

My biggest desire for a sonic racer

Leebo4

Wouldn’t have to be another sonic racing game, it could be him being a guest star int Hendrix Mario kart

i know technically they did it in sonic r but I want it executed with effort

i am hoping they make a sonic racing game with him as playable but it’s him on his feet and no vehicle, he could the most broken racer in racing game history but the speed would balance it out a bit by making him difficult to manevour and turn, especially when he is at full speed

what do you think and do you think fo ways on how to make it work

I think another Sonic R would work better than putting an on-foot Sonic into a car or kart racer. If everyone's on foot the game can be designed around that, instead of making the supposedly on-foot Sonic feel like controlling a car. They'd probably have the opposite problem with Eggman, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

I think another Sonic R would work better than putting an on-foot Sonic into a car or kart racer. If everyone's on foot the game can be designed around that, instead of making the supposedly on-foot Sonic feel like controlling a car. They'd probably have the opposite problem with Eggman, though.

Someone will bring up the scenes of Eggman outrunning Sonic, but then again...

Designing the game around on-foot racing... so natural for the series. Can we add momentum movement in there too? I hope Amy doesn't have a weird car like last time.

*Points to SA2's multi-player foot races* Can... I just have more of that, please, like pretty please? More characters, more stages of course, but just "that" worked so well for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

It honestly beggars belief to me that a boost title hasn't been done as a racer yet. It's quite literally built to function on long, linear stretches of track, if not circles and helixes when the curves are generous enough for it, and the self contained "meta" within Shadow's fight in Generations speaks to me that there's still plenty of room to flesh things out in a mode actually dedicated to it.

At worst you might argue the playing field would be uneven just by virtue of maybe 5 characters in the franchise being boost capable or some equivalent of it, but I don't mind if the remaining cast have it just for this game so they don't have to drudge through the headache of balancing characters up to that level without it.

They'd probably have the opposite problem with Eggman, though.

I don't have a hard time imagining Death Egg Robot scaled down to the size of his egg pod and being tuned more towards going fast, but even that aside I could still see him slapping extra thrusters onto his SA2 walker to make it a lot less clunky to use.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm glad you mentioned Advance 2/Mario Kart.

The higher top speed based on ring/coin amount would work much better in a on-foot racer.

Other than that, no comeback mechanics. Sonic R didn't need it, but the characters weren't balanced for the lack of that.