Jango

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-2 [Do kickflips in 4K!]

The state of Activision is darkly amusing when the definite established B-Team, who spent an entire decade making kinda bleh but acceptable followups/conversions of things Neversoft hit out of the park (all the way back to Spiderman 2) was the one that survived the great CoD purging of 2000s developers to revive the Tony Hawk series.

That's cool. I've always liked the Tony Hawk games. Can't believe it's been over 20 years since I played the original on DC 😮 I wish this was 1-4, though.

I wonder if Spider-Man will still be in. I hope so.

12 minutes ago, Marcello said:

That's cool. I've always liked the Tony Hawk games. Can't believe it's been over 20 years since I played the original on DC 😮 I wish this was 1-4, though.

I wonder if Spider-Man will still be in. I hope so.

Probably not, the game rights are back with Marvel - Activision lost the rights a long time ago and had to purge all of the games up to Amazing Spidey 2 off digital storefronts. I have my doubts Marvel would give the rights, since Nintendo/Sony already got them for Spidey PS4/Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, but Activision probably wouldn't pay out cash for the sake of one bonus character.

Jack Black played this with Tony Hawk:

Admittedly looks a bit rough in this state (frame rate is pretty shit and some of the animations are borked), but this was a couple months ago and it least it shows that it's not just the 2012 game being rereleased at the end of this console generation. It also looks like it controls better than HD did?

I'm looking forward to this, but it's hardly a top priority TBH. I bought the infamous THPS HD on PS3 back then, and seesh. The physics were just not right. It's an arcade game with many challenges that require a LOT of precision, something Robomodo didn't achieved. They fucked the physics even more with THPS5 from what I've seen (I didn't bought it).

The missing songs (from RATM, especially) didn't bothered me because the game, at least on the PS3, allowed custom soundtrack. I basically downloaded every single song from the THPS franchise to my PS3, made a playlist and bam. The game would even mute the BGM automatically. But yeah, that game ran a little crappy and it was short on the level list. I believe they're gonna bring EVERY level this time. But I doubt they'll be able to get every song.

As for the secret skater... You can quote me when the game launches, but I'm betting my finger that "Guy in a Crash Bandicoot Suit" is gonna be a playable character. Spider-man might get in as PS4 exclusive tho'.

And speaking of Crash:

Vicarious Visions you sneaky bastards.

15 hours ago, Jango said:

Ah nice, the video is marked for children, for a game that is supposed to be rated for Teen.

Looks pretty nice, might not get it, might get it, who knows. It depends if Vicarious Visions could pull it off. I mean, Activision hasn't bought back the licence for a trashy remake, that's for sure.

19 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Probably not, the game rights are back with Marvel - Activision lost the rights a long time ago and had to purge all of the games up to Amazing Spidey 2 off digital storefronts. I have my doubts Marvel would give the rights, since Nintendo/Sony already got them for Spidey PS4/Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, but Activision probably wouldn't pay out cash for the sake of one bonus character.

I know they don't have the game rights anymore, but I still hope they pay for bonus character. 

If he's not in, I hope they don't replace him with garbage like Crash. 😱😘

Some gameplay! Looks spot on from what I can tell. Won't know for certain untill I actually play it, but it's easy to notice the difference between this and THPS HD, which was floaty and awkward to control. You could say that from videos alone, actually playing the game was even worse... Now 1+2, this looks like the THPS gameplay I've used to remember.

This probably has to do with the fact that this time, Vicarious Visions DID got the code from the original developers (Neversoft), unlike with Crash.

The graphics are looking really nice too, kudos to VV. I like how the skaters are aged and all, but it would be nice to have the option to play as them from 20 years ago too, like a skin. Not that I don't wanna play as middle age Tony Hawk, but for nostalgia sake. Pretty sure low poly retro skins are gonna be a thing tho'. Also, fucking get those secret characters back VV, c'mon.

Oh, and, since this is an Activision game:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-2-remasters-releasing-this/1100-6477142/

It won't have MTX........ At launch! Oh man, here we go again.

Real talk tho'... I would 100% pay real money to get Spider-man in this, that's for sure.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that Vicarious Visions, a development studio that existed for quite some time indeed before making the Crash remakes, have a lot of experience with how Tony Hawk games should feel since they made quite a few Tony Hawk games.

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that Vicarious Visions, a development studio that existed for quite some time indeed before making the Crash remakes, have a lot of experience with how Tony Hawk games should feel since they made quite a few Tony Hawk games.

Oh man, thanks! I had no idea! I only care for Crash you know.