Awoo.

I bought a few Sonic games for my Mega Drive

GrounderSez

I bought Sonic Compilation and Sonic Megamix (pirate cart)

What Mega Drive Sonic games do you guys own?

I currently own Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic Spinball. (If that seems random, it's because those are what came with the Genesis lot I bought off eBay.) Hopefully I will own all of the official games on Genesis someday (except that I could live without Sonic Compilation since it's just, you know, a compilation). I even hope to own a 32X and Knuckles' Chaotix, even though that game isn't very good! (I love the characters it features and the aesthetics, so I guess that's why I want to buy it.)

I have all the Genesis Sonic games.

Not the compilation since I don’t need it or Mean Bean Machine since I never got into Puyo Puyo. I wouldn’t mind having it though. I played it back on the Sega Channel service.

I have Wacky Worlds art studio. Sonic is technically who you’re controlling but I wouldn’t consider it a Sonic game. Still a cool way to include him.

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to have a Model 2 Genesis that my cousin gave me in 2007. It had Sonic 1, 2, 3, K, Spinball, 3D Blast, and MBM. It also had a bunch of other Genesis games. The non-Sonic ones that I remember are Ecco the Dolphin, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie game, and the Spider-Man 1994 game. We moved in 2014, and I'm pretty sure the Genesis, along with all of the games disappeared when me moved. Haven't seen them since. I've searched through many boxes, but I'm pretty sure it got thrown away.

Here's what I've got

48sE3DBYSx9vwVVQ5oZgxX20UcY7xQZcYdLGN2LUUpzSFo_arqM8uinOA-XPsN7c5cZLs-wNtW9nLHEFHrD0Da_L2TlynY7YZsp0sF637Lafn0uNLrqF6cn640G89rMFfqSExJmpmS5Z-MqN7IkOzJSkxGwbXXvUIV5202No9ldt6DEbv6izYNy_B2nG-RwngTjQ-F1SNVFRK9ksPQEfC4sYMzxH7wAlHmdnVVkZUlnHNtlioJKGyE5emSSdeLYmeJzdJit1mSnkEEjEleSmmhXpftTV39X3Dz0QRIDUh1ysX8yXmwSf3UkacnlOPKW5gJlaRPZMUJdNnDnnPuEm4wHKKFODLFC1zEdGcRm6pQGhXpYBAlZVIKTGgt7p5SNDaBzjxmtRACYRTDX8tplUhOgDmmqCCHX4OcAIwWjM_WVu9pH-wxpuBL2jEvUqa0gOkxZV84ApWI-jfEHs7urI_xzcWUm6S2TzeMPL-SPs0ZDXhJrgH70dDFGelATuPKWcRSAOSsWUvOtjFIdqMBq8p53koEGyHtfZWzVeF2Q2K3OjsP48sFQNfleI-sz_SlyTPJIsJIb4GcWrffXlWkLe68lbfg9xYswVQQmeoIb31LuZ3q4kSHPxWsuQ0YGYwspi_D6_w5H-ZhuerkufFl03gQiM7VQNdPGWawBU3D258a0GBM3tlht_4Si7pHlWNQ=w1589-h1192-no?authuser=0

Sadly most of them don't work half the time. The Genesis and Sonic 2 are refurbished, but all of the other cartridges are pretty unreliable now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve got all PAL region games, plus the American Sonic 1, Japanese Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Spinball, and Asian Spinball.

I also got the original Puyo Puyo game for good measure.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

I used to have a Model 2 Genesis that my cousin gave me in 2007. It had Sonic 1, 2, 3, K, Spinball, 3D Blast, and MBM. It also had a bunch of other Genesis games. The non-Sonic ones that I remember are Ecco the Dolphin, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie game, and the Spider-Man 1994 game. We moved in 2014, and I'm pretty sure the Genesis, along with all of the games disappeared when me moved. Haven't seen them since. I've searched through many boxes, but I'm pretty sure it got thrown away.

Pressing F for your Genesis and games. 😔

• Thumbs Up 1

I have Sonic 1 and 2 CIB, and Sonic 3 and S&K loose. I need to buy a box and manual for 3 and a manual for Knuckles. The latter came packaged in a cardboard Genesis box and good luck finding those not completely destroyed.

At some point I want to pick up Sonic 3D Blast and Spinball, CIB, as well as CD and Jam, although I'd settle on repros of those latter two.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never owned a Mega Drive back in the day (I had a SNES), but I finally bought one as an adult. By that time however I already owned Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube, so I never felt the need to own the classic Sonic games in other versions. I have however somehow ended up owning a Sonic 1 cartridge, and the funny part is that I genuinly can't remember how I got it. 🤣

2x Sonic 1, 2x Sonic 2, Sonic 3, S&K, Mean Bean Machine and Spinball. Never had 3D Blast on Genesis, sadly.But i personally refurbished all of them and they work like they did when Í first played them 26 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do the CD and 32X games count?

20200515_171116.thumb.jpg.dd41ef959443ec35e42bd9a5ced3bc74.jpg20200515_171144.thumb.jpg.f7eb9f8be0390461b093e67965c7ab44.jpg

I thought I had Mean Bean Machine but I guess I don't.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have them all, unless you count Wacky Worlds or standalone MBM. Sadly they're all cartridge-only as I got em at trade stores and stuff.

4 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Sadly most of them don't work half the time. The Genesis and Sonic 2 are refurbished, but all of the other cartridges are pretty unreliable now. 

You've tried the ol' alcohol q-tip trick, right? It could even be the genesis as my old model 2 doesn't read a lot of carts well without forcing it, but my other two models read them perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wish my Model-1 still worked. I mean I haven't hooked it up to try but I can't believe it does by this point. Also something is rattlin around in there. Would love to put these carts in and play them, but at this point they mostly exist as collection pieces.

My Model 1 MD arrived and I got to check out the games and play them. Apparently Sonic 1 is Revision 0 which means labyrinth zone is second in the level select. I just think it's neat

• Thumbs Up 1

When I was a kid, at the age of 5, my parents bought me the Model "3" Genesis developed by Majesco Entertainment from a local store (which I don't have anymore, sadly). I used to own Sonic 1 (through a "hundred in one" game compilation cartridge), Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic 3D Blast, the later three being given to me by my cousins after they saw how much I liked Sonic 1. Never had & Knuckles on the original hardware though, as it was kind of a rarity in the town I lived.

• Thumbs Up 1