Awoo.

The PlayStation/Xbox theme topic

KHCast

I was discussing the FF7R PlayStation themes in the statuses, and that got me thinking about themes in general and how cool they are. Figured, “why not make a topic about them?”

So basically this topic will function for two purposes: share your current themes you’re using on your PlayStation or Xbox (PS3 and 360 included if you want), as well as give a heads up to any potential theme deals/offers. After learning about the fact there was a timed free dynamic theme for FF7R, seems like a good thing to keep eachother informed about stuff like that since I get the feeling that’s gonna become more common going forward.

Anyway, I’ve been swapping between the initial FF7 Remake, World of Final Fantasy, and KH3 PS4 Pro theme. I usually am not a fan of animated themes on PS4(despite not minding them on PS3), but I really find the world of Final Fantasy one too adorable to hate lol

I've been using this for the past few months:

Before that I was using this:

I might switch back, since I really liked that one lol

You know what really annoys the hell out of me, though? In these videos and every other them preview video the icons for "TV & Video" and "Media Player" are adapted along with the rest of them, but this is what they actually look like:

spacer.png

I've decided against using so many themes because of how much they clashed with them. I specifically looked for themes where they don't look too terrible and in the end just put them in a folder to mitigate it lol

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd been using the PS2 Legacy theme on my PS4 for quite a while, though before that I had the free 20th Anniversary theme:

Currently, I've switched to one of the Persona 5 Royal themes provided as you play through the game. A couple of them are rather spoiler-y though, so into the spoiler box they go:

Spoiler

(Personal favourites are Futaba's, Akechi's and Lavenza's themes)

As for the other consoles: My current PS3 theme is the 20th Anniversary one (it's about the same as the PS4 version, just without the background music) and while it's been quite some time since I last had/set up an Xbox, I believe my last 360 theme was the Sonic 15th Anniversary theme, while the One had some Titanfall 2 concept art (via one of the game's achievements).

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the last theme I had for 360 was the Sonic Generations one. I LOVED how creative it was, especially when you went to the friends section. The Apotos Unleashed one was also pretty awesome. Also had a soft spot for the 1 vs 100 theme that I think came with all 360’s

• Thumbs Up 1

i am also using that legacy dashboard theme.

i had some money left over after subscribing to PS plus a few months back so i bought it out of nostalgia and i do not see myself using any other theme ever. it's just so good man

before that i was using the rectangle theme because it was free and i spent a while just vibing to the theme's background music on youtube a while back.

on my PS3, i have a persona 5 theme. it's one of the few official themes i have on that thing - most of the themes on my PS3 are fanmade.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

They added the FF7R Tifa theme that was a part of that dumb promotion deal with I think butterfinger(?), on the PS Store for free. Just downloaded it and applied it, and wow I really like this. The starry sky and Tifa’s legs and hair just moving peacefully as she’s looking up at the sky, with the peaceful music. Definitely the best of the FF7R themes if you ask me. I also find it trippy how she’ll cover some of the logos as you scroll lol