Awoo.

Sonic appearances/references in other media

DryLagoon

With the new Craig of the Creek episode out referencing Sonic, I thought it'd be interesting to see if you've seen other references to Sonic in non-Sonic media.

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2020/05/sonic-the-hedgehog-gets-parodied-in-craig-of-the-creek/

Spoiler

Sidetheferret-800x375.png

Edit: I'll start with some examples I've seen in other Cartoon Network shows.

There was the OK KO crossover episode in 2019.

Steven Universe had some visual references to Sonic.

Spoiler

74b.png
62a.png
7a2.png

I'll pop in here now, before someone posts the Illbleed cameo and makes me avoid this thread like the plague for the rest of my life.

Sonic shows up as a hidden character in SEGA's Model 3 racing game, Le Mans 24 (based on the racing event of the same name). It wasn't particularly well documented, because the codes across the internet (and in SEGA Saturn Magazine at the time) were actually incorrect. 

I managed to get to the bottom of the code confusion a few years back, so it's a bit of Sonic history I'm very fond of, having been the guy to draw attention to it. 

There's a slew of other cameos obviously; Virtua Striker and SpikeOut are the first two I think of, with SpikeOut pretty much being his model from the Jam intro, and with it being surrounded by Classic Sonic art that was given green eyes and reshaded in the Adventure style! They even accidentally included some Adventure concept art, of a very... interesting Sonic redesign. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

I'll pop in here now, before someone posts the Illbleed cameo and makes me avoid this thread like the plague for the rest of my life.

Why did you curse me with this knowledge.

• My Emmerdoods 1

Don't forget films like Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, where you can hear Sonic sound effects among many video game homages.

4 hours ago, Styx_Linoone said:

Don't forget films like Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, where you can hear Sonic sound effects among many video game homages.

The graphic novels have some pretty explicit references too.

907471-ED-767-A-40-A2-AA24-80212-E869-CD

8786-CF14-F7-F8-425-F-95-A5-93-B32-B1-A3

There are a number of references throughout The Simpsons. The first and most famous being from the season 7 episode “Marge Be Not Proud”

Fpf6Knb5bg_Zxi40r7zpeLlUkHw=.gif

It even got referenced in LEGO Dimensions (42 seconds in)

Sonic even has a page on the Simpsons Wiki, with all of his cameos listed.

22 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

There are a number of references throughout The Simpsons.

There's a billboard in the Simpsons episode 'That 90s Show' that says "Sonic the Hedgehog says wait until marriage"

Also, in The Simpsons Game, a parody of Sonic, who appears to be in bad shape and somewhat old, is seen going through a giant hamster wheel and saying things such as:

"The 90's were great. Nobody remembers that but me, but they were".

"I don't even remember why I hated Eggman so much".

"You know that Shadow-version of me? Nicest guy in the world, just misunderstood".

• Thumbs Up 1