Indigo Rush

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Movie Megathread

9 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I kind of figured something like this would happen, especially since Paramount is trying to compete with other streaming services, like Netflix and HBO Max.  I do wonder how much it would cost to get Paramount +.  Would it be as expensive as HBO Max or a bit cheaper?

I think it's cost like $10 a month to stream. There will also be a cheaper, $5-a-month "base" tier in June which is supported by advertising.

Also, BTW,  Colleen like my posters that I made for fun. I feel so happy that she like it so much. I hope she will come back to voice Tails for the sequel.

If you want to see more  of my works that I made. I made my own thread where I share my artwork a while ago.

13 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I think it's cost like $10 a month to stream. There will also be a cheaper, $5-a-month "base" tier in June which is supported by advertising.

Also, BTW,  Colleen like my posters that I made for fun. I feel so happy that she like it so much. I hope she will come back to voice Tails for the sequel.

If you want to see more  of my works that I made. I made my own thread where I share my artwork a while ago.

Wow! Your artwork looks awesome!  I wonder if people are willing to pay $10 for the Paramount + service?  We already have to pay like $15 for HBO Max, so this actually makes me worry that streaming services are going to be a lot more expensive in the near future.

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Wow! Your artwork looks awesome!  I wonder if people are willing to pay $10 for the Paramount + service?  We already have to pay like $15 for HBO Max, so this actually makes me worry that streaming services are going to be a lot more expensive in the near future.

Thanks! Also, yeah. I'm not sure too if people want to pay $10 for the service just to watch the movie that they want to watch. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Anyway, it's seem that Colleen isn't going anywhere anytime soon despite she announced that she will not voicing Tails in Sonic Prime a few weeks ago. So, that's good news. So, this give a lot of hope that she will voice Tails in the sequel.

Ben send an adorable message to this kid actor who play one of the kids from the movie called Minari which I hear it is a really good film.

Also, this come in my mind. What if this kid could be playing Tails?

18 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Ben send an adorable message to this kid actor who play one of the kids from the movie called Minari which I hear it is a really good film.

Also, this come in my mind. What if this kid could be playing Tails?

I doubt he has anything to do with the Sonic movie.

Also, that... did not sound like Sonic. Ben must've been having a rough day. Even one of the comments says it sounds like RuPaul lmao.

2 hours ago, Angyu said:

Also, that... did not sound like Sonic. Ben must've been having a rough day. Even one of the comments says it sounds like RuPaul lmao.

It sounds like his Sonic voice to me. Also it's just something cute he did for a kid who cares if he didn't go exactly the same with his voice?

21 hours ago, Angyu said:

Even one of the comments says it sounds like RuPaul lmao.

Maybe he's preparing to host the Mobius edition of RuPaul's Drag Race.

Just the very beginning sounded off. Thought maybe because we’re hearing it from a cellphone instead of direct audio. Still cool of him.

I know this might be a bit early to talk about. How many movies do you think they are going to make for this trilogy? I think I feel like there will be spinoff movies once the trilogy comes to an end.

Also, I found this really cool advertising idea from Tumblr. Someone had an idea that there were fictional news sightings of a mysterious flying fox-looking creature.

Source: https://niyana-the-ambiguous-mobian.tumblr.com/post/644022720181534721/ooh-you-know-what-would-be-a-cool-advertising

Also, it's March now. Just to let you know again, that the Sonic movie sequel will start filming soon this month. I'm so excited to see the set pictures soon!

11 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I know this might be a bit early to talk about. How many movies do you think they are going to make for this trilogy? I think I feel like there will be spinoff movies once the trilogy comes to an end.

Also, I found this really cool advertising idea from Tumblr. Someone had an idea that there were fictional news sightings of a mysterious flying fox-looking creature.

Source: https://niyana-the-ambiguous-mobian.tumblr.com/post/644022720181534721/ooh-you-know-what-would-be-a-cool-advertising

Also, it's March now. Just to let you know again, that the Sonic movie sequel will start filming soon this month. I'm so excited to see the set pictures soon!

I'm thinking that there might be some spinoff films.  Like not too long ago, they were talking about doing a solo movie for Knuckles after Sonic 2.

55 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Knuckles is one of the few characters who could hold his own in a spin off. He’s has enough mythos of his own and a personality that would make him do well in a standalone film. 

I agree and I think that having his own solo film would probably explain a lot of the mythos going on in Sonic's world.

On 3/1/2021 at 11:03 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree and I think that having his own solo film would probably explain a lot of the mythos going on in Sonic's world.

Would rather they try other properties based on Sega games for a connected universe

6 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

Would rather they try other properties based on Sega games for a connected universe

While that would be interesting, I do wonder if the audience is that interested enough to see the other SEGA properties on the big screen?

7 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

While that would be interesting, I do wonder if the audience is that interested enough to see the other SEGA properties on the big screen?

With the right marketing and effort it could work, do you think most people thought that there would be an audience for Guardians of the Galaxy before the movie came out and was a hit? Same for Iron Man who wasn’t alway an a list superhero

9 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

With the right marketing and effort it could work, do you think most people thought that there would be an audience for Guardians of the Galaxy before the movie came out and was a hit? Same for Iron Man who wasn’t alway an a list superhero

That's true.

With the movie starting filming next week, I'm starting to think that Jason will play Knuckles. I know a lot of people want to the Rock to play him. I guess they couldn't get him for the role because he is busy getting ready for the filming for Black Adam next month. Also, little fun fact, both Jason and the Rock play characters from the DCEU. 

Also, you think Eggman will look like this in the upcoming sequel. It will be cool and interesting because the director of the movie actually did cutscenes for Sonic 06 which is the game that this Eggman was in. He work on these with Tim Miller who was the executive producer of the movie.:

de6f2v8-fa3922dd-d4b6-406f-b5c8-a4f7eb0448b5.png

16 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

With the movie starting filming next week, I'm starting to think that Jason will play Knuckles. I know a lot of people want to the Rock to play him. I guess they couldn't get him for the role because he is busy getting ready for the filming for Black Adam next month. Also, little fun fact, both Jason and the Rock play characters from the DCEU. 

Also, you think Eggman will look like this in the upcoming sequel. It will be cool and interesting because the director of the movie actually did cutscenes for Sonic 06 which is the game that this Eggman was in. He work on these with Tim Miller who was the executive producer of the movie.:

de6f2v8-fa3922dd-d4b6-406f-b5c8-a4f7eb0448b5.png

I can definitely see the film modeling Jim Carrey's Eggman after Sonic 06's Eggman since it would fit the realistic look of the live action movie.

Just now, Rabbitearsblog said:

I can definitely see the film modeling Jim Carrey's Eggman after Sonic 06's Eggman since it would fit the realistic look of the live action movie.

Yeah, that model definitely remind me of him. So, he probably might look similar to the 06 model.:

sth_ff_027r2.0.jpg

So, somebody on Twitter posted this video of Alan Kim who is the kid that Ben give an message to.:

What do you think? You think a kid actor should play Tails?  Also, the kid is the same age as Tails.

29 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, somebody on Twitter posted this video of Alan Kim who is the kid that Ben give an message to.:

What do you think? You think a kid actor should play Tails?  Also, the kid is the same age as Tails.

While it would be interesting to see a kid actor voice Tails, I have a feeling that it could be problematic in the near future if they decided to make more Sonic movies.  Some of the kid voice actors would go through puberty and therefore, their voices would change as they age.  This could lead to them constantly changing Tails' voice actor in each movie in order to maintain Tails' youthful sounding voice, unless they decided to age up the character in future movies to go with the changing voice of his voice actor.

46 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

While it would be interesting to see a kid actor voice Tails, I have a feeling that it could be problematic in the near future if they decided to make more Sonic movies.  Some of the kid voice actors would go through puberty and therefore, their voices would change as they age.  This could lead to them constantly changing Tails' voice actor in each movie in order to maintain Tails' youthful sounding voice, unless they decided to age up the character in future movies to go with the changing voice of his voice actor.

Yeah, that I was thinking. The kid will eventually grow older and his voice will change. If they cast him to play Tails in the upcoming sequel, they will probably have to find an new one for future Sonic movies.