Indigo Rush

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Movie Megathread

1 hour ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

At some point i feel like whoever keeps taking these pics will have a run in with security. 

Are people supposed to be taking photos this early into the film's production?

13 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Are people supposed to be taking photos this early into the film's production?

Well, it's not illegal to take pictures of the film production. They will probably ask them to stop.

Well all of these pics are being taken by different individuals I think. It is just the same few accounts who are sharing the information that has been found rather than one person taking a bunch of pics.

Then, some of the pics are just showing what the area looks like (to just show a location mentioned in documents), which anyone has access to. Unless I am wrong, I don't think any of the photos were taken in a restricted area that was roped off or anything. 

Edit: It also looks like some of the tweets are by sourced to someone who can see the set but they haven't distributed pictures of the actual set in progress. In other words, I think few if any of what we have seen are someone sneaking a photo of the set. I expect there will be leaks though. 

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, it's not illegal to take pictures of the film production. They will probably ask them to stop.

Hmmm...interesting...I wonder if these accounts do have permission to take these photos.

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Today is the first day of filming! I made this quick picture to celebrate!

Yes, I made an reference to that picture Douglas Einar Olsen draw. BTW, he is returning for the second movie.:

46c16df6500d28ee2f388f2dbe31f74dfd67da82r1-1080-1070v2_hq.jpg

YAAYY!  Hopefully we get to see some on the set photos and more information relating to this movie!

13 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Wow!  Even more responses!  I wonder what Jim Carrey and James Marsden will say about this...

I'm pretty sure they are both excited to work on this movie.

An response from Kid Cudi.:

51 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Cast announcements will probably be dolled out as details are revealed.

But I dont think photos are ever shown, except for props. 

Oooh! I can't wait for the casting news soon!

On 3/12/2021 at 8:08 AM, Rabbitearsblog said:

This is probably just one of the locations they are shooting the film in.  Green Hills will probably show up in the movie, just probably not as prevalent as whatever later scenes they will have in the movie.

Unlike, the previous one, the Sonic movie sequel will not be filmed in Ladysmith. I guess we can ruled out the town of Green Hills making an full appearance in this one.:

I think we will see Green Hills, but only partially. If they are not going to filmed there, I guess it will in the part where Tails fly to find Sonic and the place will be CGI.

40 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Unlike, the previous one, the Sonic movie sequel will not be filmed in Ladysmith. I guess we can ruled out the town of Green Hills making an full appearance in this one.:

I think we will see Green Hills, but only partially. If they are not going to filmed there, I guess it will in the part where Tails fly to find Sonic and the place will be CGI.

Well, this is interesting.  It makes me wonder if the residents of Green Hills will return for the sequel or not.

22 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Well, this is interesting.  It makes me wonder if the residents of Green Hills will return for the sequel or not.

I don't know. Maybe Crazy Carl. Wade is pretty much confirmed.

I guess the reason why they didn't want to return to that town because they probably didn't want to redecorate everything and the town isn't really important in the sequel.

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I don't know. Maybe Crazy Carl. Wade is pretty much confirmed.

I guess the reason why they didn't want to return to that town because they probably didn't want to redecorate everything and the town isn't really important in the sequel.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking that the sequel will take place mostly in Sonic's world, so Green Hills probably wouldn't be that important in the sequel because of that.

They could make any interior building look like the sheriff’s station, Tom and Maddie’s house, Sonic’s attic bedroom, etc without having to go back and redecorate Ladysmith. They may even have leftover ‘generic outdoor shots’ from the first filming that were not used if they wanted to set the scene. Doesn’t mean Green Hills isn’t in it at all, just means there will be no outdoor shots of it with the cast walking around unless they invest in a cg backdrop.