Indigo Rush

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Movie Megathread

7 hours ago, Austroid said:

I'm a bit saddened that it looks like Carrey won't be wearing a fat suit, and his new costume is all black again from the looks of it. 

Maybe Robotinik has a Planet Fitness membership? 

Since they gave Eggman a different in-universe origin for his nickname, I don't suspect they will be in any real rush to fatten him up.

Maybe he could build up the gut as he leans more into the pilot role as the series goes on. Or maybe they hold back the lard until its time to dawn the iconic suit.

On 4/20/2021 at 10:43 PM, Slashy said:

I hope Amy is in the Stinger.

On 4/20/2021 at 9:58 PM, Kuzu said:

Poor Amy, probably getting the shaft. 

Honestly, I don't think Amy would really add that much to the movies, at least in comparison to someone like Silver, Shadow, Metal Sonic, or even Blaze. Tails is already Sonic's sidekick and Tom works as a captive or average person. The only role Amy really has is being Sonic's not-girlfriend, which I don't think would bring much to the movies.

My only wish for this movie is that it, unlike the first one, isn't garbage. I'm holding my thumbs. Seriously. the first one was as good as the live action Garfield movies.

I'm not saying I'm expecting the next movie to be great or even particularly good, just that they raise the bar from that absolute lowest-common-denominator dreck that that the first one was and make something with a hint of personality and originality. Good children's movies are coming out all the time and I see no reason why a Sonic movie can't be one of them.

28 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Hmmm...I thought the filming was going to wrap up on the 23rd?

It technically did. The only people left were the vfx people messing with the models and such for extra footage for them.

Now it's just wrapping up Vancouver before moving on to Hawaii. I guess we just wait until someone obsessive enough figures out where the filming is being done there and on which of the islands.

43 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

It technically did. The only people left were the vfx people messing with the models and such for extra footage for them.

Now it's just wrapping up Vancouver before moving on to Hawaii. I guess we just wait until someone obsessive enough figures out where the filming is being done there and on which of the islands.

I do wonder though if the restrictions on people taking photos will be much stricter in Hawaii than in Vancouver?

21 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I do wonder though if the restrictions on people taking photos will be much stricter in Hawaii than in Vancouver?

Depends on the laws and how close they are to civilization. If they're in the middle of nowhere, its gonna be hard to find. 

If they are near enough then maybe people could get a look at the place. 

Though I dont know how close people would be allowed to get to the set. 

7 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Depends on the laws and how close they are to civilization. If they're in the middle of nowhere, its gonna be hard to find. 

If they are near enough then maybe people could get a look at the place. 

Though I dont know how close people would be allowed to get to the set. 

So there's no rules or regulations about people taking pictures of the sets?

2 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So there's no rules or regulations about people taking pictures of the sets?

Well, there's really nothing you can do legally as far as I know. If you're an employee you could get fired, that's company politics, but if you're filming out in the open, anyone can walk by and take a picture and it's not exactly an immoral act.

Just now, charmsb said:

Well, there's really nothing you can do legally as far as I know. If you're an employee you could get fired, that's company politics, but if you're filming out in the open, anyone can walk by and take a picture and it's not exactly an immoral act.

Oh.  That's interesting...

4 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Oh.  That's interesting...

Here's a good article on the topic: https://onlocationvacations.com/2011/12/30/is-it-always-ok-to-take-photos-or-videos-of-movie-sets-in-public/

In general, they may politely ask, sternly ask, even threaten for you not to take images or to delete them, but they generally have no legal high ground on you for it, meaning you can just walk away with the pictures unharmed. Unless you got some Hollywood elites working on it, they'd just have you killed. It's important to remember that its a private company, not the government, so no matter how many cranes and cameras they have swimming around, they've got the same legal status as you - they are practically just another citizen on the street.

Though the company may try to do some damage control and switch up filming schedule or try to take posts down. 

13 minutes ago, charmsb said:

Here's a good article on the topic: https://onlocationvacations.com/2011/12/30/is-it-always-ok-to-take-photos-or-videos-of-movie-sets-in-public/

In general, they may politely ask, sternly ask, even threaten for you not to take images or to delete them, but they generally have no legal high ground on you for it, meaning you can just walk away with the pictures unharmed. Unless you got some Hollywood elites working on it, they'd just have you killed. It's important to remember that its a private company, not the government, so no matter how many cranes and cameras they have swimming around, they've got the same legal status as you - they are practically just another citizen on the street.

Though the company may try to do some damage control and switch up filming schedule or try to take posts down. 

That's interesting information!  I guess it all comes down to whoever's taking the photo and whether or not they will realize what's considered a spoiler and what's not considered a spoiler.

If you want to know where is that comment is from. It's from this video. The last tweet also had that video link.:

The island that I'm guessing that they are planning to filmed next month is Oahu. Jeff did visited an hotel called Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina which is located there a few months ago before the filming begin in Vancouver.:

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

If you want to know where is that comment is from. It's from this video. The last tweet also had that video link.:

The island that I'm guessing that they are planning to filmed next month is Oahu. Jeff did visited an hotel called Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina which is located there a few months ago before the filming begin in Vancouver.:

Oooh!  I wonder how the baseball scene will turn out!

Here's a thought. If Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are all together and doing a triple attack during the final battle, I have a feeling that Super Sonic still isn't in this movie. However, that doesn't mean that the Chaos Emeralds aren't involved in this plot. It's just that they may be only playing a bit role in this movie for a potential third film.

It's just that the writers wanna emphasize the Sonic heroes before going into some big solo Super Sonic fight.