Indigo Rush

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Movie Megathread

I've been to Oahu and it is literally the most beautiful place on Earth. Lush, warm, clear blue sea's... Honolulu is a great city and the Noth shore....... truly amazing.

The entire six seasons of 'LOST' was filmed on the Island and they used some wonderful locations. I expect some of the same/similar locations to appear in this movie. If Oahu is going to be Emerald Hill or somewhere similar or even Sonics home planet you won't get much closer to the real thing than there.

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Cool! Can't wait to see what kind of merchandise the Sonic movie sequel will have!  Hopefully, it will be much more than the first movie!

Me too! I'm pretty sure the sequel will have more merchandise than the previous one. I think there was supposed to be an Robotnik figure. However, it got presumably cancelled for unknown reasons.

11 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The need to mass produce a pair of legit Sonic shoes.

No way they miss out on that opportunity this time.

Oh yeah. I bet you Sonic Tails and Knuckles are all getting in on that branding action with their shoes.

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I wonder when they are going to Hawaii?

I'm not sure. I think they might go after they are filming the scenes in Vancouver on May 10th which is next week,  

So, I guess the rest of May and June. The filming start. 

I know this might be a bit unrelated.

Also, James Marsden is planning to go to Ireland to filmed the long awaited sequel to Enchanted. I wonder how that might affect his time filming scenes in Hawaii or he is not planning to go there? I know Tika mentioned she planning to filmed the movie in Hawaii back in January.

Here is the link to the post that I'm talking about.:

https://melithesonza.tumblr.com/post/649298004820590592/after-sonic-2-finishes-filming-on-may-10th

14 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I'm not sure. I think they might go after they are filming the scenes in Vancouver on May 10th which is next week,  

So, I guess the rest of May and June. The filming start. 

I know this might be a bit unrelated.

Also, James Marsden is planning to go to Ireland to filmed the long awaited sequel to Enchanted. I wonder how that might affect his time filming scenes in Hawaii or he is not planning to go there? I know Tika mentioned she planning to filmed the movie in Hawaii back in January.

Here is the link to the post that I'm talking about.:

https://melithesonza.tumblr.com/post/649298004820590592/after-sonic-2-finishes-filming-on-may-10th

It depends on when James Marsden is going to Ireland.  If he's going to Ireland in late Fall or next year, then this wouldn't have an impact on the Sonic movie sequel.  They probably would wait awhile before going to Ireland due to the pandemic.

4 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It depends on when James Marsden is going to Ireland.  If he's going to Ireland in late Fall or next year, then this wouldn't have an impact on the Sonic movie sequel.  They probably would wait awhile before going to Ireland due to the pandemic.

Well, filming of the sequel to Enchanted in Ireland will started in May and will end in August according to the last picture in this tweet. 

Also, would you like to see the scrapped Burger Princess restaurant back?

37 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, filming of the sequel to Enchanted in Ireland will started in May and will end in August according to the last picture in this tweet. 

Also, would you like to see the scrapped Burger Princess restaurant back?

Honestly, I don't know if the Burger Princess thing was ever important to the plot of the story.

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Honestly, I don't know if the Burger Princess thing was ever important to the plot of the story.

Well, yes. the Burger Princess is not important to the plot. There was supposed to be a scene of Sonic playing with the Burger Princess drive-thru operator and run away without getting any food.

It just that it would be nice if they put the scene with Tails.

13 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I can't imagine that Marsden is just gonna skip out on the Hawaii scenes, so I imagine he might not be there for the whole shoot. He's just getting all of his scenes done which I guess won't be that many. 

I guess we will see. 

Also a new set photo from the Fort Langley filming set a few weeks ago. that guy in the green shirt doesn't look like Jeff.  He look older. He could possibly be the assistant director.:

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Looks like they extend the filming in Vancouver for a bit.:

I guess they need a little more time to complete the filming.

While it's great that they are taking their time with this film, I do wonder why they are extending the time for the filming?

17 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

While it's great that they are taking their time with this film, I do wonder why they are extending the time for the filming?

Extended takes, or more time for actors to reprise lines. I've never been on a set, so I dont know if 3 days is a lot of time for studios, or is kinda minimal. 

20 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Extended takes, or more time for actors to reprise lines. I've never been on a set, so I dont know if 3 days is a lot of time for studios, or is kinda minimal. 

Interesting.  I can imagine we will have a lot of deleted scenes for the movie.