Jump to content
Indigo Rush

Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Sequel Now In Development

Recommended Posts

On 8/3/2020 at 11:43 AM, Rabbitearsblog said:

I've been hearing that too, along with Amy Rose possibly showing up in the sequel.  Now whether or not either one is true, that remains to be seen, but I would love to have the Rock voice Knuckles if Knuckles does show up in the sequel.

Well, I guess we will see. I don't think we will see any official casting news until probably early next year. BTW, I think that Amy rumor that you are mentioning is from this site which isn't a really reliable source.:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/amy-rose-reportedly-sonic-hedgehog-2/

However, back in February, one of the writers, Josh did say what he wanted in the sequel. We probably already know that Tails and Knuckles are obviously going to be in the sequel. So, maybe we will see Amy.:

 “I will only hint that we wanna bring in some of the other characters from the games.” Josh went on to say that both the characters Knuckles and Tails are characters from the game and he is a big fan, but, “Really it’s all about Knuckles’ love.” This makes complete sense because Knuckles and Tails are the most popular characters in the Sonic Universe! No word yet on whether “Shadow” may make an appearance…

I heard that he also want a Jaleel cameo in the sequel. He also say that he want to get some of the characters from the games in the sequel.

“I hope this is not a spoiler for anybody waiting but I really wanna get Jaleel White involved somehow… he was in a super bowl ad by the way.

Source

Also, way back before the redesign, Jaleel did actually respond an question about the movie. He say that he would love to appear in the movie, but was never asked by anybody who work on the movie.:

Spoiler

 

Yuji also wanted to appear in the movie as well. Unfortunately like Jaleel, he didn't get to appear in it.:

Spoiler

 

Maybe both of them will get a chance to appear in the sequel. That would be very cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, I guess we will see. I don't think we will see any official casting news until probably early next year. BTW, I think that Amy rumor that you are mentioning is from this site which isn't a really reliable source.:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/amy-rose-reportedly-sonic-hedgehog-2/

However, back in February, one of the writers, Josh did say what he wanted in the sequel. We probably already know that Tails and Knuckles are obviously going to be in the sequel. So, maybe we will see Amy.:

 “I will only hint that we wanna bring in some of the other characters from the games.” Josh went on to say that both the characters Knuckles and Tails are characters from the game and he is a big fan, but, “Really it’s all about Knuckles’ love.” This makes complete sense because Knuckles and Tails are the most popular characters in the Sonic Universe! No word yet on whether “Shadow” may make an appearance…

I heard that he also want a Jaleel cameo in the sequel. He also say that he want to get some of the characters from the games in the sequel.

“I hope this is not a spoiler for anybody waiting but I really wanna get Jaleel White involved somehow… he was in a super bowl ad by the way.

Source

Also, way back before the redesign, Jaleel did actually respond an question about the movie. He say that he would love to appear in the movie, but was never asked by anybody who work on the movie.:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Yuji also wanted to appear in the movie as well. Unfortunately like Jaleel, he didn't get to appear in it.:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Maybe both of them will get a chance to appear in the sequel. That would be very cool.

I wonder if they will still keep some of these ideas for the sequel.  I would love to see a Jaleel White cameo in the sequel or a cameo from the creator of the franchise!  Also, I hope that it's true that Knuckles does appear in the sequel since there's so much they can do with his character (as well as Tails).  But if it's true, I do wonder how they will be able to juggle both Knuckles' and Tails' characters in the sequel, although I heard rumors that the sequel is supposed to focus on Tails.  I guess we won't be seeing Amy Rose until the third or a possible fourth movie, which I'm glad of because I want them to really develop her character instead of shoving her into the sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I wonder if they will still keep some of these ideas for the sequel.  I would love to see a Jaleel White cameo in the sequel or a cameo from the creator of the franchise!  Also, I hope that it's true that Knuckles does appear in the sequel since there's so much they can do with his character (as well as Tails).  But if it's true, I do wonder how they will be able to juggle both Knuckles' and Tails' characters in the sequel, although I heard rumors that the sequel is supposed to focus on Tails.  I guess we won't be seeing Amy Rose until the third or a possible fourth movie, which I'm glad of because I want them to really develop her character instead of shoving her into the sequel.

Well, it's too early to rule Amy out, since the sequel is still early in development. We don't know too much about the movie at this time. However, I do understand why you want Amy to be in an third potential movie. I guess we will see. Who knows? This sequel might give us some unexpected surprises.

Also, I do remember Patrick Casey did respond to an fan's response about this.:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, it's too early to rule Amy out, since the sequel is still early in development. We don't know too much about the movie at this time. However, I do understand why you want Amy to be in an third potential movie. I guess we will see. Who knows? This sequel might give us some unexpected surprises.

Also, I do remember Patrick Casey did respond to an fan's response about this.:

 

It's great that he cares about the characters.  Now, how he and the other writers will go about this remains to be seen, but I hope that the characters are developed well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

A fan casting for Amy Kendrick as Amy Rose. 

 

I kinda like this new take on Amy's character. I must say, however, that Kendrick sounds way too grown-up at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine for voices we'll get other Ben Schwartz level-of-fame actors. They're already paying out big bucks for Jim Carrey. If they were to start getting actors like the Rock involved, the budget for movie would be drained in no time and we can kiss our dreams of more CG Sonic's world settings goodbye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

I imagine for voices we'll get other Ben Schwartz level-of-fame actors. They're already paying out big bucks for Jim Carrey. If they were to start getting actors like the Rock involved, the budget for movie would be drained in no time and we can kiss our dreams of more CG Sonic's world settings goodbye!

I agree.  I think that the sequel or the movies in general would need to make the same amount of money that the MCU movies are making in order to get high profile actors like the Rock.  That's why I didn't understand why so many people wanted Tom Holland to voice Tails because Tom Holland is a big name actor who would be too expensive to put in the movies as they stand now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, TailsChannel post this video of some possible synopses that I could see happening in the sequel. Take a look.:

 

I really like the idea about Amy Rose living in Japan this entire time.  It could show a possibility of other characters like Sonic living on Earth this whole time and Sonic just didn't know it yet.  If they did use this idea, I hope they explain why Amy Rose or other characters had to go to Earth in the first place.  Also, regarding the poll that was taken, I was surprised that Shadow wasn't that high on the list, which is great personally for me since I want Shadow to show up much later in the franchise if they get to do a cinematic universe like they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I could see Puma making shoes based on Tails' shoes to promote the sequel like they did for Sonic. 

EVbHkeFXkAEFFdS.jpg

I find it weird that they didn't sell a version of Sonic's shoes from the movie. Maybe, they will make it up for the sequel?

Spoiler

EfRK7WKU8AEZXm9?format=jpg&name=large

EfRK7WIUcAAcWKn?format=jpg&name=large

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the reason why is because they changed the design at basically the last minute and they couldn't retool a production line fast enough in response to those changes, and that's why they were still selling the old designs.

Edit: I just noticed they have the little straps for Tails's shoes in the movie design. That's nice, that's something people tend to miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It makes me wonder if they are going to change Tails' shoe design in the sequel or if they will keep it the way it is.

I think they will keep it the way it is.

Also, I wonder how will the sequel's opening will be like? Will it open with a flashback scene of Longclaw or, a scene of Tails going to Green Hills to look for Sonic? I mean the movie ended on a cliffhanger. We see that Tails take off flying into the vast forest to find Sonic in the end. So, I'm curious how it going to be like. However, we will have to find out in 2 years from now. So, it's going to be a long wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I think they will keep it the way it is.

Also, I wonder how will the sequel's opening will be like? Will it open with a flashback scene of Longclaw or, a scene of Tails going to Green Hills to look for Sonic? I mean the movie ended on a cliffhanger. We see that Tails take off flying into the vast forest to find Sonic in the end. So, I'm curious how it going to be like. However, we will have to find out in 2 years from now. So, it's going to be a long wait.

I imagined that the movie might start off with a flashback with Tails seeing Sonic for the first time when Sonic was still planet hopping before he got to Earth.  They didn't technically speak to each other since Tails was probably spying on Sonic and Sonic went away before he saw Tails and maybe Tails made a device where he can start planet hopping and find Sonic.  

Or at least that's one way the introduction could go.  It might be something entirely different for the sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I imagined that the movie might start off with a flashback with Tails seeing Sonic for the first time when Sonic was still planet hopping before he got to Earth.  They didn't technically speak to each other since Tails was probably spying on Sonic and Sonic went away before he saw Tails and maybe Tails made a device where he can start planet hopping and find Sonic.  

Or at least that's one way the introduction could go.  It might be something entirely different for the sequel.

That could be possible. I can see that happening. I think after that, we will see the movie logo, then it will flash forward to where the movie left off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I suspect Sonic will hear of Tails through Crazy (or Very Observant) Carl. It would be hilarious if his drawing resembles the Tails Doll this time.

I would love to see that happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I know this is too early to talk about the box office competition. This is the list of movies releasing on April 2022 so far. There are currently two other films that are slated to released in that month. The Matrix movie was supposed to be released next year, but got delayed to 2022. So, do you guys have any concerns on this?

 The Matrix 4 - April 1st, 2022

 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - April 8, 2022

 Untitled Dreamworks Animation Film - April 15, 2022

Source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, I know this is too early to talk about the box office competition. This is the list of movies releasing on April 2022 so far. There are currently two other films that are slated to released in that month. The Matrix movie was supposed to be released next year, but got delayed to 2022. So, do you guys have any concerns on this?

 The Matrix 4 - April 1st, 2022

 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - April 8, 2022

 Untitled Dreamworks Animation Film - April 15, 2022

Source

Oh, I thought that the Fast and Furious film was going to premiere in April along with Sonic.  I guess they changed the schedule for that movie.  Anyway, the Matrix movie might be a bit concerning since it might star Keanu Reeves and he's a big name in Hollywood right now.  Not to mention, the Matrix franchise is pretty popular in Hollywood, although the last two movies didn't do as well as the first movie.  So, it would be interesting to see if anyone still has any interest in the Matrix in 2022, depending on how they deal with the story for that film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Oh, I thought that the Fast and Furious film was going to premiere in April along with Sonic.  I guess they changed the schedule for that movie.  Anyway, the Matrix movie might be a bit concerning since it might star Keanu Reeves and he's a big name in Hollywood right now.  Not to mention, the Matrix franchise is pretty popular in Hollywood, although the last two movies didn't do as well as the first movie.  So, it would be interesting to see if anyone still has any interest in the Matrix in 2022, depending on how they deal with the story for that film.

Well, according to some sources like this one from MovieInsider,  Fast and Furious 10 is still yet to get a new release date, when it got delayed. Pretty much like the Matrix movie, it was supposed to be released next year, but unfortunately, it got pushed to 2022. The movie is likely received a spring release date. It's possible that the movie could get a April release date like the Matrix movie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, according to some sources like this one from MovieInsider,  Fast and Furious 10 is still yet to get a new release date, when it got delayed. Pretty much like the Matrix movie, it was supposed to be released next year, but unfortunately, it got pushed to 2022. The movie is likely received a spring release date. It's possible that the movie could get a April release date like the Matrix movie.

 

That could be big trouble for Sonic if they both appear in April, although that really depends on the state of the virus by 2022 (which hopefully will go away soon).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

That could be big trouble for Sonic if they both appear in April, although that really depends on the state of the virus by 2022 (which hopefully will go away soon).

 I guess we will see. I also hope the virus situation will be over soon too.

 

Also, there was a fan who want Crush 40 music to be in the sequel.:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.